GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Hooked up HID kit that i got from Xenondepot and...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-08, 05:37 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Glad to hear it Dan =)

I know exactly what you mean. It's literally like day and night going from non-HID to HID =)

Enjoy!

Steve
Old 05-20-08, 10:27 AM
pkhuu78
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, I know that you guys have rated Xenon Depot very high. Maybe it is just my luck but it has been a very frustrating experience for me. First of all, Steve claimed that the one plug in the kit that plugs into the original headlight wire is harder to connect because they want to make sure that the kit is completely water seal. I really don’t know how it could be, since if you were to straighten the pins out to plug it in; if you are not 100% precise with it you can completely push the pin out from it plastic holder. Anyway, I have spent over 3 hours hooking up the kit and making sure all the wires are connected properly and everything else is zipped lock and taped down nicely. When everything is completed, I turn on the light and only one side is on. I then trace all the wires again to make sure that everything is plugged in nice and tight and everything is grounded correctly. Still only one side is on. I e-mailed Steve the same night around 11pm and the next morning Steve replied back, which I am very happy about. After several e-mails Steve called me and we discussed a little more over the phone. Steve suggested that I remove everything and swap the part to see which part is bad or if any part is bad at all before he can take further action to help me out. I spent a little about an hour after work cutting off all the zip tights and swapping parts to find out that I have a bad bulb. During my conversation with Steve he told me to e-mail him immediately although he doesn’t work on the weekend but he checks he e-mail. So I e-mailed him after dinner on Friday, I waited until Saturday then Sunday nothing from Steven. I called Steve and left message on his answering machine and sent him two more e-mails on Monday, still nothing. I called again this morning and all I get is answering machine and still no reply from Steve. I am just really frustrated and wanted to share my experience with CL members. I hope it is just my luck and it doesn’t happen to anyone else here. In the mean time, I still hoping that Steve could give me a call back or reply back to my e-mail.
Old 05-20-08, 11:04 AM
K-Bud
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know what you mean about those pins, what i did was take them out hook them in and see if the bulbs would light up, they did so i went back put the covers back on and slowly and carefully got them connected altho it was a PIA.

sux that you have a bad bulb but I have always gotten quick responses from steve and i'm sure he'll be in touch.

good luck and after you get it hooked up your gonna love em and not really care about the hassles that u went thru.

Steve where are you??????????????
Old 05-20-08, 11:12 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Hi,

I apologize that I did not get back to you on Monday however we were closed here for a statutory holiday on Monday (Victoria day). I apologize that you are having a problem with the product. As per our conversation, I am very eager to have the bulb sent back for inspection as in the 7 years that we have been selling these products we have never had a DOA. The kits are tested out before they leave the facility so I'm very eager to receive the bulb and inspect it.

Steve
Old 05-20-08, 11:33 AM
pkhuu78
Rookie

Dan,
your post has totally help me out a lot with installation. Thank you so much sir!!

Steve,
thank you for the call back! I am sure you are right about your bulbs. I guess it is just my luck.
Old 05-20-08, 12:12 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

No problem. Just want to make sure we get everything up and running for you.

Steve
Old 05-21-08, 11:08 AM
MJUNO
Driver School Candidate

Arrow correct!

Everything you point out is right-on. The plugs can be fixed with a needlenose plyers- just straighten out the recessed prongs, for whatever reson the were bent so as not to mate with the bulb harness when pushed together.

Originally Posted by gsobol
K-Bud, I just did the install of both the headlights and fog lights. It took a good 6 hours. No wiring diagram was a surprise. It took me a moment to orient myself in all the wires - what goes where. I think the worst part was to work out where to put all the pieces under the hood. I also think that working out where to put TWO kits takes more time as you have to be careful with the use of space - especially on the driver's side. You have to take into account that these are generic kits, so the length of the wires are not adjusted specifically to our application. That makes it a bit of the pain, as you have to wrap them up and tie them to something. I was going to shorten some of them (low voltage side), but after 6 hours under the hood I just said s€r3w it, and tied them to the existing harness. The sockets for the H11 bulb connectors (those are the ones K-Bud is referring to ??) did require a bit of adjustment to make them fit properly, but once adjusted they worked fine. I guess the tight fit is required to make them water resistant. I'm very happy with the result, but it does take a lot of planning and it takes much longer than 1 hour (as has been posted before) to get the kits installed.
Old 05-21-08, 08:21 PM
TYMSMNY
Driver School Candidate

switch the bulb (left to right) and see if it's the actual bulb that has problems?
Old 05-30-08, 06:06 AM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Please tell me why there are no instructions? even some simple ones--weird
Old 06-02-08, 08:17 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Hi,

On the inner flap of the box you will find a link to download a copy of our wiring diagram.

Just in case you don't find it you can find it here:

www.XenonDepot.com/xtrmman.htm

Steve
Old 06-04-08, 10:13 AM
pkhuu78
Rookie

Default H11 kit

Steve,

Why is it so difficult to get a response from you via e-mail and it is even more difficult to get a hold of you via phone. I just want to know what is the status of my bulbs? Thank Steve!!
Old 06-04-08, 11:21 AM
TYMSMNY
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Steve for helping me with my issue there. Great response.

As for him answering emails/phone, I've always been able to get in contact with him within a day or two. Maybe stop hassling the guy?
Old 06-05-08, 06:02 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Hi Pkhuu78,

Sorry, I was actually away for the last 2 days however I did check my emails.

Please PM me with your order number and I will get you an update.

Steve
Old 06-05-08, 06:59 AM
KoSC300
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pkhuu78

Hey guys, I know that you guys have rated Xenon Depot very high. Maybe it is just my luck but it has been a very frustrating experience for me. First of all, Steve claimed that the one plug in the kit that plugs into the original headlight wire is harder to connect because they want to make sure that the kit is completely water seal. I really don’t know how it could be, since if you were to straighten the pins out to plug it in; if you are not 100% precise with it you can completely push the pin out from it plastic holder. Anyway, I have spent over 3 hours hooking up the kit and making sure all the wires are connected properly and everything else is zipped lock and taped down nicely. When everything is completed, I turn on the light and only one side is on. I then trace all the wires again to make sure that everything is plugged in nice and tight and everything is grounded correctly. Still only one side is on. I e-mailed Steve the same night around 11pm and the next morning Steve replied back, which I am very happy about. After several e-mails Steve called me and we discussed a little more over the phone. Steve suggested that I remove everything and swap the part to see which part is bad or if any part is bad at all before he can take further action to help me out. I spent a little about an hour after work cutting off all the zip tights and swapping parts to find out that I have a bad bulb. During my conversation with Steve he told me to e-mail him immediately although he doesn’t work on the weekend but he checks he e-mail. So I e-mailed him after dinner on Friday, I waited until Saturday then Sunday nothing from Steven. I called Steve and left message on his answering machine and sent him two more e-mails on Monday, still nothing. I called again this morning and all I get is answering machine and still no reply from Steve. I am just really frustrated and wanted to share my experience with CL members. I hope it is just my luck and it doesn’t happen to anyone else here. In the mean time, I still hoping that Steve could give me a call back or reply back to my e-mail.

A great man once said,

"Patience... Daniel son"
Old 06-05-08, 09:41 AM
pkhuu78
Rookie

hey Guys, I know Steve is a great guy to work with. But honestly i have been waiting long enough. I've placed the order back on 5/2/08 and today is already 6/5/08. It has been more than a month and I am still driving around with my ugly yellow lights. On top of that, every time I go on CL site all I read about is how nice all of your cars look and how bright it is with the HID kit. I think this would get any man excited and want to have it install on his car ASAP. Especially if you have already placed an order a month ago. Steve, sorry if i am hassling you. It is not my intention, i am just excited and anxious to get the kit install and to be honest I am a little bit upset that I got a defective bulb (of course not at you Steve, just the situation itself). Please help a desperate man in need of brighter/whiter lights.

Quick Reply: Hooked up HID kit that i got from Xenondepot and...