GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Window Visors for GX470

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-08, 03:35 PM
hkochat
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Window Visors for GX470

Dear Friends,

You expert input is greatly appreciated to the following query. As a Texas resident it is very useful to have window visors especially during summer time. However the only window visors domestically I can find is the in-line visors from WeatherTech. In my hands those in-line visors are not the best fit for GX as I am experiencing outside noise hearing from inside while driving. I suspect this could be due to poor airtight fit. I have noticed a genuine type offered by Toyota Japan fit for GX and we can purchase it from a South California Dealership (I-tunedparts). But the cost is unreasonable to me. See the link below. http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=2094

Do you have any alternate solution or feedback? Thanks.
Old 05-26-08, 09:48 PM
purplehazek4
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I love my Weather techs

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp...=842&Year=2005
Old 05-27-08, 11:39 AM
STDave
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too love my Weathertechs. I got them from AutoAnything.com
I don't get much wind noise at all.
Dave
Old 05-27-08, 12:30 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Why you need window visors during the summer time?
Old 05-27-08, 12:40 PM
hkochat
Driver

Default Window VVsors during summer

Originally Posted by The G Man
Why you need window visors during the summer time?
Hello G man,

Window visors are proven to help to circulate hot air inside and minimize the inside temperature if end up parking under sizzling sun. It also helps to minimize the accumulated humidity while driving in rain. I experienced its useful application. From the other two feedbacks, I may have to conclude either the WeatherTech material I bought could be slightly off specification. I agree that WeatherTech materials are quality products and mine could be an isolated case.
Old 05-27-08, 01:15 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

The visor dont really help with the sun when you are park since they are so thin, you are better off with tinted front windows and a windshield screen. When driving in rain, just turn on the AC to get rid of the humidity, unless you are a smoker. The in channel vent visor sometimes interfare with the window moldings, thats why you can hear some wind noise. Your other option is the stick on type, which I am not too crazy about either.
Old 05-27-08, 02:33 PM
purplehazek4
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

With visors I can crack all the windows when I park in the sun without anyone knowing they're cracked.
Old 05-27-08, 03:21 PM
kutsyy
Driver

Originally Posted by hkochat
Window visors are proven to help to circulate hot air inside and minimize the inside temperature if end up parking under sizzling sun.
Why not just tilt up sunroof, so hot air can escape naturally? On other hand. window visor add significant air drag.
Old 05-27-08, 07:30 PM
hkochat
Driver

Originally Posted by kutsyy
Why not just tilt up sunroof, so hot air can escape naturally? On other hand. window visor add significant air drag.
Dear all,

Many thanks for all the sensible feedbacks. Slightly keeping the sunroof open is indeed an alternate way to vent out hot air. I also agree with G man that the in-line window visor could potentially off-set the window moldings and cause filtering the outside noise. BTW, I already have the tinted windows front and back. I truly appreciate all the valuable and resourceful responses.
Old 05-27-08, 09:19 PM
kutsyy
Driver

Many thanks for all the sensible feedbacks. Slightly keeping the sunroof open is indeed an alternate way to vent out hot air.
I was truly wondering .

It is very hot sun here as well, and sunroof works for me (well, I would love to have cloth seats, but...). So I was wondering why would you want to increase air drag, without clear benefit (as far as i could see).
Old 05-28-08, 10:39 AM
rspjr05
Driver School Candidate

Dear Friends,

You expert input is greatly appreciated to the following query. As a Texas resident it is very useful to have window visors especially during summer time. However the only window visors domestically I can find is the in-line visors from WeatherTech. In my hands those in-line visors are not the best fit for GX as I am experiencing outside noise hearing from inside while driving. I suspect this could be due to poor airtight fit. I have noticed a genuine type offered by Toyota Japan fit for GX and we can purchase it from a South California Dealership (I-tunedparts). But the cost is unreasonable to me. See the link below. http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=2094

Do you have any alternate solution or feedback? Thanks.
Dear hkochat,
I think you should stop modifying your GX and start liking it the way it was meant to look - please remove the funny looking bumper trim and anything else aftermarket junk you have on it - I bet you anything you will start loving your true GX then - just my 2 cents of friendly suggestion

Last edited by rspjr05; 05-28-08 at 10:41 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-28-08, 11:46 AM
JasonCANES
Driver

Having just a few mods...I can agree with rspjr05 on the ventguards...I had them on my grand cherokees, but I just don't know how I feel about the ventguards on our truck...I am also indifferent about the sunroof guard...just my two cents, but good luck hkochat
Old 05-28-08, 04:39 PM
cmarshack
Lead Lap

Default Useless post...

Originally Posted by rspjr05
Dear hkochat,
I think you should stop modifying your GX and start liking it the way it was meant to look - please remove the funny looking bumper trim and anything else aftermarket junk you have on it - I bet you anything you will start loving your true GX then - just my 2 cents of friendly suggestion
Put your flame suit on!

Who are you to say how the GX is "meant" to look?

Who are you to ask anyone to "please remove" anything from their vehichle?

Just so you know the funny looking bumper trim is a Lexus Factory special order part.

If you have no intention of doing any sort of modification to your GX, or unless you have a specific question that would would like one of us to try to help you out with, then why waste your time posting here?

Your friendly suggestion was not very friendy...just my 2c.

Old 05-28-08, 09:33 PM
hkochat
Driver

Originally Posted by cmarshack
Put your flame suit on!

Who are you to say how the GX is "meant" to look?

Who are you to ask anyone to "please remove" anything from their vehichle?

Just so you know the funny looking bumper trim is a Lexus Factory special order part.

If you have no intention of doing any sort of modification to your GX, or unless you have a specific question that would would like one of us to try to help you out with, then why waste your time posting here?

Your friendly suggestion was not very friendy...just my 2c.

Dear "cmarshack",

Please let it go. There are two ways to measure one's quality: one is pushing down, the other is pulling up. If we can not do the later, at least what we can do is not to do the former instead ignore such inferior comments. Let us please use this resourceful forum for informative exchanges.
Old 05-29-08, 05:56 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cmarshack

Quick Reply: Window Visors for GX470