GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Toyota badge on a GX. What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-08, 09:49 PM
GX470GT
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do you post picture of such size and quality?

When i put up my pics i reformat them throught corel draw 12. I make them 800x600 and under 100kb!

how can i upload pics as big as yours?
Old 11-05-08, 05:44 AM
itsZep
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"I'll stop now"

yes, yes...... please do until you figure out how to shrink pictures! (lol)
(earth to photobucket resize function....over?)

thanks for the pics though, i was unaware that the exact
same vehicle as the Lexus GX470 was being sold elsewhere
as just a plain old Toyota.

however i still would not consider removing Lexus emblems
and replacing them with Toyota (can you say nails on a chalkboard?...lol)
because I am in the US and in reality Toyota and Lexus are not the exact
same in the US. I have been to Toyota dealers and I have been to Sewell
Lexus in Dallas......LOL......it's not even close!

All Lexus vehicles may be a Toyota but all Toyotas can't be a Lexus.

Again 2EachHisOwn.....and hey it's a cheap way to be different and get attention!.

Last edited by itsZep; 11-05-08 at 09:11 AM.
Old 11-05-08, 08:50 AM
stiles_s
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GX470GT
When i put up my pics i reformat them throught corel draw 12. I make them 800x600 and under 100kb!

how can i upload pics as big as yours?
I don't "upload" them, I link to the source. I just copyiny the link from the orig picture source and paste it into the "insert picture" command as an http address. Works great.

Sorry they are so big -- they're native size. I don't have any control over it because I'm not hosting them.
Old 11-06-08, 11:28 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

i do admit that there are very few of us who want to make our cars into toyota's; after all that seems silly doesn't it? it's just a certain way of looking at things; for me i like the JDM style, i like the cars in japan that we never even got in this country, so i want to emulate that.
it all started back in the mid 90's in the sport compact scene when people with acura integra's would remove the acura badges and put the honda badges on them since that's how they were sold in japan back then, as honda integra's. even the NSX was sold as a honda, with honda badging.
Old 11-07-08, 09:39 PM
GX470GT
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOL, So many Badge Snobs Here, No Offense to anyone.

LOL, So many Badge Snobs Here, No Offense to anyone. Heres the deal, Lexus GX470 is a Toyota that has been tastefully modified at lexus. (Period) Look under the hood/the undercarriage/ the chasIs all the mechanical parts say TOYOTA!!!!!!!!! The Paint / Leather/ Wood Trim / etc are LEXUS Tuned. Lexus DID NOT BUILD this car. TOYOTA DID. LEXUS only put the MAKEUP on if ya know what i mean!

Look at it this way: Its a Toyota L-Tuned (Lexus tuned) .......next.......

To me the TOYOTA EMBLEM LOOKS BETTER VISUALLY.... YES, TO ME THE LEXUS EMBLEM LOOKS....MEH ... BIT SIMPLE BIT BORING. BUT THATS JUST ME. TO ME TOYOTA AND LEXUS ARE THE SAME THING, AND IM NOT ASHAMED OF PUTTING A TOYOTA EMBLEM ON MY CAR. (NOT A SNOB) (JUST WANT TO BE DIFFERENT FROM THE REST) I GOT THIS CAR TO GO OFFROAD IN AND I LIKE THE LUXURY FEATURES!

TO THE PEOPLE THAT SAY WHAT I DID IS WRONG, WELL I THINK PUTTING 22" RIMS IS WRONG ESPECIALLY ON A VEHICLE THAT IS DESIGNED TO GO OFFROAD. BUY A CADI AND PIMP IT OUT. AGAIN NO OFFENSE, THIS IS JUST MY OPINION. AND NO I CAN'T PLACE THE TOYOTA EMBLEM TO THE RIGHT OR LEFT. THE TAILGATE DOOR HAS AN INDENTATION IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DOOR FOR THE EMBLEM.

AND IM NOT DEBADGING MY CAR. IM WAITING FOR MY PRADO EMBLEM TO ARRIVE! GX470 ORIGINATED FROM TOYOTA PRADO! DO RESEARCH IF YOU DON'T BELEIVE ME.

CHECK THIS SITE OUT: PRADOPOINT.COM

pEAcE
Old 11-08-08, 05:50 AM
cssnms
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by GX470GT
LOL, So many Badge Snobs Here, No Offense to anyone. Heres the deal, Lexus GX470 is a Toyota that has been tastefully modified at lexus. (Period) Look under the hood/the undercarriage/ the chasIs all the mechanical parts say TOYOTA!!!!!!!!! The Paint / Leather/ Wood Trim / etc are LEXUS Tuned. Lexus DID NOT BUILD this car. TOYOTA DID. LEXUS only put the MAKEUP on if ya know what i mean!

Look at it this way: Its a Toyota L-Tuned (Lexus tuned) .......next.......

To me the TOYOTA EMBLEM LOOKS BETTER VISUALLY.... YES, TO ME THE LEXUS EMBLEM LOOKS....MEH ... BIT SIMPLE BIT BORING. BUT THATS JUST ME. TO ME TOYOTA AND LEXUS ARE THE SAME THING, AND IM NOT ASHAMED OF PUTTING A TOYOTA EMBLEM ON MY CAR. (NOT A SNOB) (JUST WANT TO BE DIFFERENT FROM THE REST) I GOT THIS CAR TO GO OFFROAD IN AND I LIKE THE LUXURY FEATURES!

TO THE PEOPLE THAT SAY WHAT I DID IS WRONG, WELL I THINK PUTTING 22" RIMS IS WRONG ESPECIALLY ON A VEHICLE THAT IS DESIGNED TO GO OFFROAD. BUY A CADI AND PIMP IT OUT. AGAIN NO OFFENSE, THIS IS JUST MY OPINION. AND NO I CAN'T PLACE THE TOYOTA EMBLEM TO THE RIGHT OR LEFT. THE TAILGATE DOOR HAS AN INDENTATION IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DOOR FOR THE EMBLEM.

AND IM NOT DEBADGING MY CAR. IM WAITING FOR MY PRADO EMBLEM TO ARRIVE! GX470 ORIGINATED FROM TOYOTA PRADO! DO RESEARCH IF YOU DON'T BELEIVE ME.

CHECK THIS SITE OUT: PRADOPOINT.COM

pEAcE
"Badge snobs" huh, who is the one changing out his badge, that's funny... I think Landcruiser has a forum where you might find more support. Don't ask if you do not want to hear the opinions of CLUB LEXUS members whom the majority disagree with your choice and certainly do not get critical because we do not agree, YOU ASKED. AND please, enough with the agenda to convince us that we are NOT driving a LEXUS GX470. We do not live in Europe, we live in the United States and here it is called a Lexus GX470. In addition, there are distinct styling differences which is why you are going through all of the trouble of changing out body parts, tail lights etc, so call it a day already. Enjoy your Lexus GX 470, Toyota Prado or whatever you choose to call your truck.

Last edited by cssnms; 11-08-08 at 07:54 AM.
Old 11-10-08, 08:45 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

you're going to wheel it? sWEET! get some off road pinstriping on there, get some 16" wheels and some 285 75 16 mud tires and get dirty!