GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

PICTURE of GX470 with TOYOTA EMBLEM

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-08, 10:03 PM
GX470GT
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PICTURE of GX470 with TOYOTA EMBLEM

PICTURE of GX470 with TOYOTA EMBLEM. let me know what you think
i will take better CLOSER pic tomorrow
Attached Thumbnails PICTURE of GX470 with TOYOTA EMBLEM-graphic1.jpg  

Last edited by GX470GT; 11-04-08 at 10:06 PM.
Old 11-04-08, 10:09 PM
GX470GT
Driver

Default PICTURE of GX470 with TOYOTA EMBLEM

PICTURE of GX470 with TOYOTA EMBLEM
Attached Thumbnails PICTURE of GX470 with TOYOTA EMBLEM-jjj.jpg  
Old 11-04-08, 10:59 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Meh...

The Toyota logo needs to be off center towards the left. about 10 inches about the rear handle.[IMG]http://images.google.ca/imgres?

I still don't know why anyone would want to debadge a Lexus and put a Toyota logo on there.
Old 11-05-08, 07:18 AM
malmon
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Good thing you're not in CA, I don't want to park my Lexus GX470 anywhere near that Toyota GX470.

Last edited by malmon; 11-05-08 at 07:24 AM.
Old 11-05-08, 11:08 AM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

so does this mean if you were to resell it, the buyer can bargain more because its a toyota and not a lexus anymore? jke
Old 11-06-08, 10:19 AM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the Toyota badge, a quick look makes it look like a 4runner.

I generally have to look twice at the later model 4runners to tell if they are GXs anyway - this would just clinch it.
Old 11-06-08, 12:10 PM
98Nav400
Driver

I think you have officially hit the wall and run out of things to do to your truck. Seems like too much effort for very little gain. Not sure anyone would notice, then if they do, not sure if they would care.

If you like it thats whats important, especially since you will be one of the few who notice. The one glaring thing I see is the Lexus license plate surround ~ in your effort to make it a Toyota that has to go.
Old 11-06-08, 12:32 PM
stiles_s
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you'd be surprised what people notice. I've been shocked how many non-car-savvy people have reacted to the toyota center caps on my 4runner limited wheels. They're confused and sometimes aghast. i find badge snobs kind of hilarious.

to me, the lexus brand was a turnoff. i bought my gx (new, fwiw) *despite* the fact it was branded a lexus.

Last edited by stiles_s; 11-18-08 at 03:56 PM.
Old 11-07-08, 04:15 PM
Turbinator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Doesn't do it for me. Now it kinda reminds me of looking at the back of a minivan or a 4Runner. Why pay the money for a Lexus only to put the Toyota badge on it?

Turby
Old 11-07-08, 06:48 PM
itsZep
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"to me, the lexus brand was a huge turnoff"

and why is Lexus such a "huge turnoff"?
Old 11-07-08, 08:59 PM
sirCharles
Lead Lap

Man, tis is not good
Old 11-07-08, 09:31 PM
GX470GT
Driver

LOL, So many Badge Snobs Here, No Offense to anyone. Heres the deal, Lexus GX470 is a Toyota that has been tastefully modified at lexus. (Period) Look under the hood/the undercarriage/ the chasIs all the mechanical parts say TOYOTA!!!!!!!!! The Paint / Leather/ Wood Trim / etc are LEXUS Tuned. Lexus DID NOT BUILD this car. TOYOTA DID. LEXUS only put the MAKEUP on if ya know what i mean!

Look at it this way: Its a Toyota L-Tuned (Lexus tuned) .......next.......

To me the TOYOTA EMBLEM LOOKS BETTER VISUALLY.... YES, TO ME THE LEXUS EMBLEM LOOKS....MEH ... BIT SIMPLE BIT BORING. BUT THATS JUST ME. TO ME TOYOTA AND LEXUS ARE THE SAME THING, AND IM NOT ASHAMED OF PUTTING A TOYOTA EMBLEM ON MY CAR. (NOT A SNOB) (JUST WANT TO BE DIFFERENT FROM THE REST) I GOT THIS CAR TO GO OFFROAD IN AND I LIKE THE LUXURY FEATURES!

TO THE PEOPLE THAT SAY WHAT I DID IS WRONG, WELL I THINK PUTTING 22" RIMS IS WRONG ESPECIALLY ON A VEHICLE THAT IS DESIGNED TO GO OFFROAD. BUY A CADI AND PIMP IT OUT. AGAIN NO OFFENSE, THIS IS JUST MY OPINION. AND NO I CAN'T PLACE THE TOYOTA EMBLEM TO THE RIGHT OR LEFT. THE TAILGATE DOOR HAS AN INDENTATION IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DOOR FOR THE EMBLEM.

AND IM NOT DEBADGING MY CAR. IM WAITING FOR MY PRADO EMBLEM TO ARRIVE! GX470 ORIGINATED FROM TOYOTA PRADO! DO RESEARCH IF YOU DON'T BELEIVE ME.

CHECK THIS SITE OUT: PRADOPOINT.COM

pEAcE

Last edited by GX470GT; 11-07-08 at 09:37 PM.
Old 11-08-08, 05:34 AM
itsZep
Pole Position

The Lexus brand is a "huge turnoff", but oh yeah thats
the brand you decided to buy over any other brand on the market!
Old 11-08-08, 08:50 AM
98Nav400
Driver

GT, I stated my opinion earlier in this thread. Basically its your car, do what you want. For me it has such minimal impact that its not worth this much discussion. If mine came with a Toyota badge it would still have it. I don't care about the "branding" of the company either way. Again, its yours do what you want.

I don't think there is anyone here that doesn't know that mechanically our rig is identical to a V8 4Runner. If you want to make it a Prado, get the diesel motor and then you have something to talk about.

That being said, when you put a picture of your vehicle on the internet with "tell me what you think" its silly to upset people don't like it. When you posed the question in the other thread (yeah 2 threads over changing an emblem?) the majority of the posters didn't think that they would like the result. At least they are consistent in their opinions.

No biggie, keep doing what makes you happy.

FINALLY, pick one of the two threads you started to talk about the same thing to respond to. Posting the SAME EXACT response in both threads is dumb.

Last edited by 98Nav400; 11-08-08 at 08:54 AM.
Old 11-08-08, 09:00 AM
stiles_s
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by itsZep
The Lexus brand is a "huge turnoff", but oh yeah thats
the brand you decided to buy over any other brand on the market!
so maybe remove "huge", but it was still a turnoff for me. I think your comment makes my point in a way. I didn't buy a "brand", I bought the GX because it was the best vehicle for my needs and parameters. I was set on a 4runner, and thinking seriously about the ml from mercedes, q7 audi, land cruiser, etc. I was all over the market. But, I came back to the GX because it gave us some much needed extra space (especially headroom) and a feeling of permenance that made it worth a few extra $$ over the 4runner.

my wife and i actually had a long talk along the lines of "do we really want to buy a *lexus*"? I've been driving mostly german cars, and lexus marketing had positioned themselves (in my mind) for this guy:
- goes to the mall a lot
- never goes offroad, camping, etc
- wears pressed shirts on a regular basis
- doesn't know how to check the oil and doesn't care
- needs to be pampered by their dealer
- etc.

I mean no disrepect to anyone on this forum. In fact, I've found lots of people here to are interested in using their truck as a truck. They even know how to *change* the oil. Crazy.

I'm totally in love with the gx, but not because it's a lexus. when people ask what I drive I usually say "toyota suv".

Just a perspective,
Scott.

Last edited by stiles_s; 11-08-08 at 09:04 AM.

Quick Reply: PICTURE of GX470 with TOYOTA EMBLEM