GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Two easy used GX questions....

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-09, 08:21 AM
SC300T
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Two easy used GX questions....

I'm considering the purchase of a used GX...

How do you tell if a vehicle is equipped with KDSS suspension? Is there a button on the dash to disable, or perhaps a logo, or otherwise indicator?

2nd regarding the audio systems: What years did they have a seat listening position selector on the audio system? I like the systems having the DSP with seat position selector. I think it is under "sound" on the Levinson NAV model audio screen. I thought perhaps it was introduced with Bluetooth 2005 models, but not sure. Is it perhaps included on all the Lexus GEN4 Nav units?

TIA
Old 01-16-09, 12:36 PM
Josh's GX
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SC300T
I'm considering the purchase of a used GX...

How do you tell if a vehicle is equipped with KDSS suspension? Is there a button on the dash to disable, or perhaps a logo, or otherwise indicator?

2nd regarding the audio systems: What years did they have a seat listening position selector on the audio system? I like the systems having the DSP with seat position selector. I think it is under "sound" on the Levinson NAV model audio screen. I thought perhaps it was introduced with Bluetooth 2005 models, but not sure. Is it perhaps included on all the Lexus GEN4 Nav units?

TIA
I'm surprised nobody has replied to your post yet. I'm not the best person to answer, but I thought I would try anyways. Plus this way, when someone reads my response, they'll correct me if needed.

As for the KDSS, if it's a newer model year, I think they pretty much just come with the black birdseye wood, and not the maple, and I think I've read here somewhere that you can look at the swingarms as well and tell.

Now for the seat position selector, I haven't heard of that feature and I have a 2006 GX. When I go to the audio section on my nav screen, I can adjust the volume from front to back, but I don't have an option to select the seat that the volume is directed towards. Maybe it's a newer feature, say like on the 07' and newer models. Sorry I wasn't much help, but hopefully someone here can be of more help to you.

Either way, the GX is a great vehicle, our family loves it.

Josh
Old 01-16-09, 01:42 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Turn the key on and look for the KDSS light. If it is there and lit the GX has it.
Old 01-16-09, 08:57 PM
stiles_s
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
Turn the key on and look for the KDSS light. If it is there and lit the GX has it.
^^ good one.

FWIW, I think the dark wood denotes the sports package (which also has smoked taillights, headlights, and roof rails. And, yes, the sport package comes w/the KDSS.

However, the KDSS was also a standalone option.

The dash light is a good idea. The other way is to look under the truck at the swaybars which are about the size of your wrist