GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Lexus All Weather Mats From Sewell

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-09, 05:59 PM
MKIV4EVER
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus All Weather Mats From Sewell

Anyone on here purchase the lexus all weather mats from Sewell before, any reviews. How do you guys like it.

Alvin
Old 01-22-09, 06:38 PM
malmon
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The all-weather mats are great, they trap dirt very well in between the elevated grooves. Its easier to keep the inside of the car clean, you will appreciate this if you have small kids. Crumbs, spills, sand, etc.

I got mine free from the dealer,
Old 01-22-09, 08:05 PM
MKIV4EVER
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by malmon
The all-weather mats are great, they trap dirt very well in between the elevated grooves. Its easier to keep the inside of the car clean, you will appreciate this if you have small kids. Crumbs, spills, sand, etc.

I got mine free from the dealer,
Thank you very much i will be purchasing this very soon.
Old 01-23-09, 05:36 AM
rainmn
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought them the day I brought my GX home.

My intent was to use them in the winter and carpet mats in the summer, but my wife likes them better, so the all-weather mats stay in year-round.

My only wish is that the mat for the rear seat covered the transmission hump.
Old 01-25-09, 07:09 AM
itsZep
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/par...l.asp?id=87739
Old 01-27-09, 12:04 PM
djzim23
Driver School Candidate

I'm not trying to stir debate, and it has been discussed in the past but I would at least consider Weather Tech mats. I chose them over the Lexus all weathers and am very satisfied. I however am regularly out skiing and in 12-20 inches of snow, so I needed a really heavy duty mat. Just my 2 cents!

And the Weather Tech mat for the 2nd row is one, Large mat that DOES cover the transmission hump, if that is important to anyone

Last edited by djzim23; 01-27-09 at 12:05 PM. Reason: added extra information
Old 01-27-09, 01:26 PM
malmon
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by djzim23
I'm not trying to stir debate, and it has been discussed in the past but I would at least consider Weather Tech mats. I chose them over the Lexus all weathers and am very satisfied. I however am regularly out skiing and in 12-20 inches of snow, so I needed a really heavy duty mat. Just my 2 cents!

And the Weather Tech mat for the 2nd row is one, Large mat that DOES cover the transmission hump, if that is important to anyone
That's strange, I went to their website and it shows the 2nd row as being two separate pieces same as oem. Like rainmn, I would have like it better if it came in one piece.

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp...ustomerVehId=0
Old 01-27-09, 01:59 PM
MKIV4EVER
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the information but i like the lexus mats because the rear cargo area mat is really nice and has the lip around the edges. I just placed the order through Sewell, will get it sometimes next week, will post pictures once installed. Plus it also comes with the "Lexus" logo, which is not a necessity but its nice to have.

Alvin
Old 01-27-09, 04:10 PM
djzim23
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by malmon
That's strange, I went to their website and it shows the 2nd row as being two separate pieces same as oem. Like rainmn, I would have like it better if it came in one piece.

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp...ustomerVehId=0
You are correct, thats how it shows on the website. But the actual piece is one large one. And they make a cargo mat piece as well, but I don't have it so I can't comment
Old 01-28-09, 12:33 AM
tlindsey
Driver School Candidate

One note about the Sewell Lexus mats. I have them and I think they're great, yet you have to prepare the mats properly. I was so excited to use them, I hacked the mat from it's "tag" and it had a shoddy appearance afterwards. I suggest taking your time and using a sharp razor blade to trim off the excess mat material.
Old 01-30-09, 09:12 PM
dvzzz
Driver School Candidate

Default Weathertech is not what it is hyped to be

Hi
wanted to chime in. I bought Weathertech set for my GX470 2 seasons ago and I have to say, I am very disappointed. First of all, 2nd row are two separate mats that you have to cut to get them to fit, but the problem is with the front ones. Deep grooves start too far back and shallow front causes water to stand and then overflow to the side ruining my carpeting. Sides have no guards at all. Deep grooves could have prevented that but I think what happened is that shallow part and deep part form a valley in the GX470 and then it overflows. Weathertech should have increased side borders. Not good, folks, maybe it is just my car but I doubt it. OEM mats on the other hand are deep grooves all the way.

I wasted $120 on the Weathertech, contacted them about it but to no avail, now need to buy OEM. Wish I checked before. Will be happy to show you my pics of what is going on.

You are correct, thats how it shows on the website. But the actual piece is one large one. And they make a cargo mat piece as well, but I don't have it so I can't comment
Old 01-30-09, 11:51 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

dvzzz----Sure post up some picts of your problem matts..
Old 02-04-09, 12:43 PM
MKIV4EVER
Driver School Candidate

Default Update with pictures

Hey guys here is an update, i recieved the carpets from Sewell yesterday and put them in my truck. The rear cargo carpet however needs some more time to rest. it came rolled up in a box and it still needs time to settle down. i will be placing something heavy and leave it for a while to let it rest. but i have attached pictures of what it looks like.

Since i have the ivory interior i opted to get the brown carpets since they dont offer black cargo carpeting.

Here are the pictures.
Thanks

The instructions which the carpets came with stated that it should be cut along the grooved edges but i carefully cut between the grooved edges because if i did that then some of the carpet will be exposed which i didnt like, so i ended up shoving the edges under the 3rd rown seat rails/brackets as seen in the next three pictures.

Thanks, please comment or provide suggestions.
Old 02-05-09, 05:34 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Roll the rear cargo mat in reverse and tie it down with some rope for a day or so.
Old 02-05-09, 09:38 AM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Thats a nice looking rear cargo matt! Im deciding between that one and the weather-tech Matt.....
I think I would cut 4 little slits for the 3rd row seats to latch into instead of cutting out the whole section--Im guessing that would work out too

Quick Reply: Lexus All Weather Mats From Sewell