GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

new comer

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-09, 08:47 AM
chinnaseen
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new comer

Hi all,
I became a proud lexus gx owner on this saturday. i bought from a individual in NJ for 37000$ (not incl. sales tax) with 15k milage on it. it has navigation + mark levitson package on it. tomorrow i'm going to register in dmv. is this reasonable proce?
I have a quick question . since in this there's no rear entertainment system, i want to get it install rear entertainment (flipdown). could some one please suggest a good system 9 inch. or 10.2 inch.
do they connect this DVD system to the existing mark levitson speaker system? is there any problems in future if they connect to existing speaker systems if they able to connect?

Thanks
Sreeni
Old 06-01-09, 09:10 AM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

welcome to CL and congrats onthe purchase. $37K sounds within ballpark for the mileage you have. I wouldn't advise a pull down on a DVD. You should go with the behind the headrest screen. IMO the issue with the pull down dvd is that it obstructs the view of your rearview mirror.

There are a couple of ways you can do it however it could get pricey. Do a search on this forum first and then if you have questions come back. This topic has been beaten over and over again like a dead horse.

Lastly, you need to post a pic that's a right of passage around here.
Old 06-01-09, 09:29 AM
chinnaseen
Driver School Candidate

Default dvd

thaks for the quick reply kphu. is it problem for rear view for after market installation only? or even with factory install also?
also appreciate if somebody suggests good system.

Thanks
Sreeni
Old 06-01-09, 10:06 AM
cssnms
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by chinnaseen
Hi all,
I became a proud lexus gx owner on this saturday. i bought from a individual in NJ for 37000$ (not incl. sales tax) with 15k milage on it. is this reasonable proce?
What's it matter now, it's water under the bridge Don't worry about it, enjoy your GX and welcome to the Club!
Old 06-01-09, 11:33 AM
ny888
Pole Position

Welcome to the Club ! I just got Headrest DVDs installed in my RX but am looking into flip down as well for the GX since there will be times the kids are in the 3rd row. To minimize the rear view obstruction, I'm looking at wide screen monitors which has a little less height.
Old 06-01-09, 12:36 PM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chinnaseen
thaks for the quick reply kphu. is it problem for rear view for after market installation only? or even with factory install also?
also appreciate if somebody suggests good system.

Thanks
Sreeni
I don't have ENT Sys in my truck but the those who put systems in theirs that's what they mentioned to me because I was considering it having done. If i were to do it I'd want it fully complete. This is what I mean by complete.

Play through NAV, sound going through speakers (integrated not wireless), ability to play 2 movies at the same time to different screen or 1 movie to all screens.

In terms of a brand, I can't recommend any for the DVD screens or the DVD player.

For the integration for sound and NAV check out vais technology.

I estimated that it would cost me somewhere in the realm of $2,000 for what I want.