GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Rear height control air suspension problem need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-09, 01:33 PM
saeng
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear height control air suspension problem need help

Hi everybody, i have a 2004 Gx 470. I got a problem with the Rear hight control air suspension switches. The light is flashing off, i try to turn it on but it is not working and my truck is low maximum. and i try to switch high and low but it is not working. I dont hear the sound of the air compressor. Usally when i start the engine i hear the air compressor running. But right now i dont hear the air compressor running. Does anyone else have a problem like this? Please Help.

Last edited by saeng; 07-08-09 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-08-09, 01:48 PM
rainmn
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's likely one of the ride height sensors. They were both replaced in my '03 today (literally....I still need to go and pick up the truck tonight.)

Mine had the opposite problem as yours - it would go up, but not back down. Trying to lower it would cause the "off" light to flash on the dash.

From what I read here, if the truck has your problem, it's one of two sensors. If the truck has my problem, it's the other one of the two.
Old 07-08-09, 06:34 PM
saeng
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for helping me with this problem :P. Does anyone know where the local sensor for the compressor. For my truck it looks like my air compressor died.....So if you replace the 2 sensors how much do you think the cost would be?

Last edited by saeng; 07-08-09 at 06:38 PM.
Old 07-09-09, 08:41 AM
Lexus 4 ME
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is a very common problem, you can try to reset it. But most likely you need to replace it, its not the air compressor, its sensors. Each cost about $315.
Old 07-09-09, 10:01 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Have you check the fuse?
Old 07-09-09, 11:36 AM
rainmn
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I picked up my truck last night, but because the dealer is still settling up with the aftermarket warranty company, I don't have a copy of the paperwork yet.

I took a quick look at the bill while I was there, and I thought it said $347 for each sensor. All I know for sure is that my part is $100.

On a side rant, I don't typically buy extended warranties, however I'm glad I did for this truck.
Old 07-09-09, 07:01 PM
saeng
Driver School Candidate

Thank you everyone for helping me with this problem. But for the fuse i checked its working fine... But today i brought my car to the toyota Dealer, but they told me to go to a lexus dealer.. so when i went back home i try to hit the high position level. I saw the green light flashing and the compressor is running. And the car lifted up to maximum, so i try to switch the car to (N) and the light is flashing on the (N) but the car still moves up. And i try to move to low positions and the car still moves up and anybody knows a local sensor for the truck. Also, does anyone know how to delete the air from the compressor and move the car down. Please Help thank you
Old 07-09-09, 07:02 PM
saeng
Driver School Candidate

Tomorrow i am going to call the lexus dealer and bring the truck to get repaired.
Old 07-13-09, 09:26 AM
Lexus 4 ME
Lead Lap

I had exactly same problem. I had to replace one of the sensors. I dont remember exactly what I did but you can try to disconnect battery and while you do this leave the two front doors open. Hopefully it will help.
Old 07-14-09, 06:36 PM
saeng
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for helping me with this problem...i try to disconnect the battery and leave the 2 front doors open..it still doesn't work. so i try to disconnect the high level sensors both sides and i reconnect after that i start the engine for a couple of minuets and i hear the sound of deleting air. And my car is in a low maximum position.so i try to hit the switch to high level and i hear the compressor running but it looks like the air is leaking. it means the valve opens and does not close. so today i bring my truck to the lexus dealership and the brought my truck to the shop for about an hour and a half and they tried to scan the sensor. but after they said the scan machine is broken so they make my appointment next saturday. so does anyone have this problem. please help
Old 07-14-09, 08:52 PM
mann777

Received 64 Likes on 31 Posts

You could look at these suspected areas you need to look to.
1. Accumulator solenoid Valve circuit.
2. System Fluid Pressure.
3. Charge Fluid and bleed the air.
4. Replace the stabilizer control w/bracket valve assy

Finally if all of the above is ok, then you need to replace the stabilizer control w/bracket valve assy. When you change you have to change both ( Left & Right Rear side bracket assy) the cost of these bracket are around 200-350/- for the pair.
Old 07-15-09, 10:19 AM
Lexus 4 ME
Lead Lap

If you decide to change the sensors Carson Toyota has is. Its $288 each. Part number are 89408-60011

89407-60022
Good luck, let us know.
Old 07-15-09, 05:52 PM
saeng
Driver School Candidate

Thank you everyone, but right now i am not sure the sensor is died or not. So I have to let them try to scan for me first. Do you guys think the Toyota Dealer can do it for me? I bring one time already but they said they don't allow to touch electronics for Lexus. They told me to bring the car to a lexus dealer but maybe ill try to bring the car to another Toyota dealer. right now i dont no exactly Which one died because there are 2 sensors. And right now i think the Valve is still open. Does anybody know how to close the valve. Does anybody have a problem like this? Please Help

Last edited by saeng; 07-15-09 at 05:57 PM.
Old 07-16-09, 09:39 AM
Lexus 4 ME
Lead Lap

Here some detailed info in air susp.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...ml#post4096275

Last edited by Lexus 4 ME; 07-16-09 at 09:47 AM.
Old 07-16-09, 06:15 PM
saeng
Driver School Candidate

thank you Lexus 4 ME for the information but i don't see the the local air bleeding valve. Because today i try to hit the high level switch the compressor is running but i hear the sound from the top airbag is leaking is look like valve still open does anyone have an experience like this where is the local Accumulator solenoid circuit please help

Last edited by saeng; 07-16-09 at 06:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Rear height control air suspension problem need help