GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Just picked up an 04' GX

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-09, 10:54 AM
GxTex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brycejaq
I also debated between the GX and the 4th Gen 4Runner for a while (after throwing out the idea of getting a 1st Gen Sequoia because the 2nd Gen came out and we liked it much more--but couldn't yet afford one, nor did we want to wait another year til we could), so we found several 4th Gen 4Runners, but we kept finding the interiors being all scratched up on the insides of the door panels and the center consoles, and sometimes on the rear hatch, so we started looking at the GX's, just to see...finally found one, an 06 that was priced perfectly so we bought it up (after looking for a new vehicle for nearly a year)...

Anyways, enough about me, glad to hear you found one that fits you. I'm also a young GX owner @ 24 (my wife's even younger @ 22, and it's really her car, too), but we saved for quite a few years and payed cash for ours so we're definitely keeping it for a while.

I've heard you can put on 70's as well, but I just got a new set of Good Year Forterra TripleTread tires put on Friday and love them! Needed some good winter tires for the NE winters, but didn't much feel like getting a dedicated set on snow shoes so we went for these all-seasons after many recommendations mentioning them first. So far I highly recommend this tire...pretty expensive at $230 a piece, but so far totally worth the price...we'll see once the snow starts to fall and stick

Anywho, congrats on the new ride and feel free to post when you have any questions about it!
Thanks for the post bryce. I read in your signature you plan to do a Nav bypass & iPod Interface. I really want to be able to run my iPhone through the stereo too. Can it be done? What do you plan on doing to the Nav?
Old 12-07-09, 07:02 PM
brycejaq
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya, I bought the Nav bypass cable(s) a while back and still haven't found the time to put them in, but I'm military and find myself going on trips more often than not, so I suppose I should jus be happy with my GX and that I have one for now...I was thinking about geting the iPod interface, also, before I do the Nav bypass, anyways, so as to minimize my chances of breaking things (like plastic and wooden trim pieces...and countless other things here and there). Now it's just too cold to bother with sitting out in my garage for even a couple hours trying to make my ride even cooler than it is already...literally.

It's most definitely possible, but I'm guessing that you want to run your iPhone in so you can listen to music more than just talk on your phone, right?! It just takes time (most of the time to find the posting on clublexus where someone has posted all of the steps (usually with photos) to do said task and finding an affordable kit to install (I've seen some be as much as $200), but I know you can get them for much less than that.