GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

any lexus techs?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-10, 12:21 PM
chrisvr6
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey agood1, I have not been able to get to the dealer yet. Have been going over speed bumps to simulate the bottoming out and noticed that when I raise the rear w/ the height control button it does not bottom out. Maybe you can adjust your neutral position to a higher setting to help this. Let me know if you do.
Old 02-06-10, 02:39 PM
agood1
Rookie

As mentioned in a earlier post in this thread, I too have been able to reduce the bottoming out effect by raising the height control.....but that does not solve the original issue.
If I could find out to raise the neutral point....that is what I would do, but so far, no one has been able to tell me how to do it....even with the proper scan tools.
Old 02-06-10, 03:21 PM
chrisvr6
Lead Lap

i am pretty sure you can do it mechanically by unscrewing a threaded rod from an arm or something in small increments of course. everytime i drive next to a gx it looks so much taller.
Old 02-15-10, 06:51 AM
chrisvr6
Lead Lap

Hey AGOOD1, took the truck in for the bottoming out. They had it all day and could not find anything except for misadjusted height sensors. It seems better but then again the fuel is low. I will fill it up and see what happens. Does anyone know if there is a hydraulic fluid that is serviceable for the suspension?
Old 02-16-10, 01:37 AM
mann777

Received 64 Likes on 31 Posts

The part number is 08886-01805 called as Toyota Active Suspension Fluid.
Old 02-16-10, 05:31 AM
chrisvr6
Lead Lap

Mann777, what is the exact name of the fluid service job I should tell the dealer to do. I told the tech about something being wrong with the hydraulic end of it and he said I was confusing it with an LX system.
Originally Posted by mann777
The part number is 08886-01805 called as Toyota Active Suspension Fluid.
Old 02-16-10, 07:57 AM
mann777

The fluid is termed as AHC fluid for Active Suspensions.I am sure the dealer would be aware if there is SOP on the fluid replacement.
Attached Thumbnails any lexus techs?-ahc-fluid.jpg  

Last edited by mann777; 02-16-10 at 08:06 AM.
Old 02-16-10, 12:17 PM
chrisvr6
Lead Lap

Mann777, I called the dealer and the service advisor told me the gx470 does not have AHC fluid in it. The LX470 does. I am so confused now. You also told me to get the control valve changed where the N2 and fluid bellows. So does it have this part if there is no fluid?
Old 02-16-10, 07:38 PM
mann777

Chris
Please go back to the mail posted, I have not mentioned anywhere to replace the fluids.
Nopes, the pneumatic cylinder is not holding pressure. Adjusting the sensor height would not suffice your problem. What is happening is the Air in the suspension fluid is too less to hold of as there is a leak, which is not sustaining at all. The stabs become to bellow within, and there is increase of the N2 gas which is entering the suspension fluid, thereby the fluid pressure decreases. This is where your problem is of not holding the Charging pressure, and you vehicle raises it bar above the norm values. This overshoots the sensor reading store in the ECM. Get the Stabilizer Control Assy replaced, All your problems are solved.
Unquote

When you change the Control Valve bracket Assy, also need to change the O Ring beneath it.
Old 02-17-10, 06:11 AM
chrisvr6
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mann777
Chris
Please go back to the mail posted, I have not mentioned anywhere to replace the fluids.
Nopes, the pneumatic cylinder is not holding pressure. Adjusting the sensor height would not suffice your problem. What is happening is the Air in the suspension fluid is too less to hold of as there is a leak, which is not sustaining at all. The stabs become to bellow within, and there is increase of the N2 gas which is entering the suspension fluid, thereby the fluid pressure decreases. This is where your problem is of not holding the Charging pressure, and you vehicle raises it bar above the norm values. This overshoots the sensor reading store in the ECM. Get the Stabilizer Control Assy replaced, All your problems are solved.
Unquote

When you change the Control Valve bracket Assy, also need to change the O Ring beneath it.
Hey Mann777, what is the fluid you speak of in the quote? I thought I would address the fluid before the control assy first as they refuse to change it. I also thought I heard the seevice guy tell me they checked some fluid back there also. I wish I can just get them to change the valve under the warranty as it is certified. Would this be expensive to pay regular price for?
Old 02-17-10, 06:34 AM
mann777

Chris, The fluids are suspension fluids which work with the N2 gas, the leak is not the fluid, it is the gas, Replace the parts thats it. If the dealer wants to do a inspection on the fluids I do not know how they can do it, as this is within steel tubing that is another chamber with a Valve ( un removable)The valve opens only on a particular amount of Air pressure. Well if the dealer is willing to do the checks, go ahead and tell them to do it,you have nothing to loose. But My gut feeling is not the Hydraulic fluids. Get the part changed and get your SUV on road.
Old 02-17-10, 06:37 AM
agood1
Rookie

Chris, I assume the height sensor adjustment didn't help?
Old 02-17-10, 11:44 AM
chrisvr6
Lead Lap

No. Not a bit. Did you price that valve that Mann777 is talking about? I do also believe this to be the culprit. Mann777 knows his GX's.
Originally Posted by agood1
Chris, I assume the height sensor adjustment didn't help?
Old 02-17-10, 11:50 AM
agood1
Rookie

Not quite sure what valve it is....have you priced it?
Old 02-17-10, 01:44 PM
chrisvr6
Lead Lap

The control valve that Mann777 is describing in this thread. I will try to get a price and let you know.
Originally Posted by agood1
Not quite sure what valve it is....have you priced it?

Quick Reply: any lexus techs?