GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Reverse LCD on heater control and radio

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-10, 07:04 AM
aljodoro
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Reverse LCD on heater control and radio

Has anyone reversed the LCD using polarizing film?. This would be possible on the standard radio setup along with the temperature and heater LCD panel. those with the upgraded radio are not candidates for this mod as best I can determine. I have have the base radio that has a LCD readout and the LCD readout for the heater and A/c controls. I would like to reverse my LCD to a black background with white letters/symbols and numbers. Anyone made the change and can you post pictures.

Here is a link to some info on this for those interested
http://store.***********/index.php?m...products_id=58
Old 10-05-10, 05:57 PM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Link doesn't work. Would polarizing film really change the colors of the LCD? What if you just change the display to night mode? Does that produce the effect?
Old 10-07-10, 07:40 AM
aljodoro
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default LVD reverse more detail

Here is another link. http://www.scionlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129572

I don't find to many examples of photos beofre and after, but if you do a serach of reverse LCD or polarizing reverse you start to get the concept. Yes, polarizing film can change the background and the letters. By rotating the polarizing material you change from black to white or vice versa.

I get the idea this is a no brainer mod and it is reversible. I just don't want to take on something that someones has tried and didn't think it was that interesting. The LCD should change from the gray with black letters to black with white letters. This would match the guages.i

I am wondering if anyone has tried it on thier GX. Has anyones taken the LCD out of the radio, how hard is it to remove, and what did the LCD look like after (either heater or radio)?

The photo is from a scion. Give you a little idea of this mod. At the very least it is interesting what polarizing does to light. l
Attached Thumbnails Reverse LCD on heater control and radio-revese_lcd02-sm-.jpg  

Last edited by aljodoro; 10-07-10 at 07:41 AM. Reason: trying to add header
Old 10-07-10, 02:45 PM
ROSCOGX470
Instructor

Received 101 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by aljodoro
Here is another link. http://www.scionlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129572

I don't find to many examples of photos beofre and after, but if you do a serach of reverse LCD or polarizing reverse you start to get the concept. Yes, polarizing film can change the background and the letters. By rotating the polarizing material you change from black to white or vice versa.

I get the idea this is a no brainer mod and it is reversible. I just don't want to take on something that someones has tried and didn't think it was that interesting. The LCD should change from the gray with black letters to black with white letters. This would match the guages.i

I am wondering if anyone has tried it on thier GX. Has anyones taken the LCD out of the radio, how hard is it to remove, and what did the LCD look like after (either heater or radio)?

The photo is from a scion. Give you a little idea of this mod. At the very least it is interesting what polarizing does to light. l
A little off topic but can you change the background colors of the Navigation screen. I'm sick of seeing the brown background at startup with Lexus logo. I would think it would be similar to changing settings on a computer monitor.