GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

HELP!!! CD Player Not working

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-10, 07:22 PM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default HELP!!! CD Player Not working

hey guys....CD was working fine the last time I tried it but just recently when I try and use it I get an "external system not connected" message.

I haven't done anything to the unit and no recent repairs.

I did a search and found 1 other member experienced this issue in 2007 but I can't understand the thread...here's the thread:

"I found out that the rear middle console (for the door lights) was causing the issue. It has a component in it that closes the circle for the audio system. My DVD installer replaced the whole console with the DVD player and thats whats caused the ERROR for the CD Changer. He had to take the console apart, he then took the inside component out of the light fixture and placed between the DVD player and the celling"

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ken
Old 11-23-10, 07:14 AM
LZMF1
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the same issue and have yet to find out how to fix it. my cd changer gets power but i literally cannot do anything with it. i can eject the magazine and put it back in along with CDs but my system won't recognize it either. eventually i'll figure it out.

"I found out that the rear middle console (for the door lights) was causing the issue. It has a component in it that closes the circle for the audio system. My DVD installer replaced the whole console with the DVD player and thats whats caused the ERROR for the CD Changer. He had to take the console apart, he then took the inside component out of the light fixture and placed between the DVD player and the celling"
i have no F'n clue what that means.
Old 11-23-10, 09:06 AM
mann777

Received 64 Likes on 31 Posts

Ok here is a quick troubleshooting method, of this job ensure you remove all non OEM stuff connected to you Entertainment system ( Ipods, Transmitters all gizmos ).Before the start I presume you both have the Navigation System. To get to the Diagnostic method, Press and Hold the "Info" button on the Display Unit, and cycle the Tail Light Switch On and Off three times, if you get a code P440 or P190, then Disconnect radio and amp connectors and check for continuity resistance on TX+ and TX- Connector from behind the Audio unit head to the Internal amp.The value to be achieved is 3.5 ohms to 4.5 Ohms( if you are within this the values) It is ok, and reconnect, and ensure all wires are properly connected to its harness( give it a shakedown) if there is no continuity,then it is the amplifier which is at fault, need replacement,
Old 11-23-10, 09:10 AM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mann777
Ok here is a quick troubleshooting method, of this job ensure you remove all non OEM stuff connected to you Entertainment system ( Ipods, Transmitters all gizmos ).Before the start I presume you both have the Navigation System. To get to the Diagnostic method, Press and Hold the "Info" button on the Display Unit, and cycle the Tail Light Switch On and Off three times, if you get a code P440 or P190, then Disconnect radio and amp connectors and check for continuity resistance on TX+ and TX- Connector from behind the Audio unit head to the Internal amp.The value to be achieved is 3.5 ohms to 4.5 Ohms( if you are within this the values) It is ok, and reconnect, and ensure all wires are properly connected to its harness( give it a shakedown) if there is no continuity,then it is the amplifier which is at fault, need replacement,
You gotta love this guy (Mann777)! He provides so much wealth to this forum. Thank you, sir.
Old 11-26-10, 07:37 PM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by redrocks
You gotta love this guy (Mann777)! He provides so much wealth to this forum. Thank you, sir.
+1...Mann777 you da man!!!

I gotta pony up and find some time to fight the cold outside and test the suggestion...unfortunately...time is of the essence no free time in-sight until 2011..bummer...

LZMF1...if you give this a whilr let me know how you make out.

ken
Old 01-06-16, 08:32 AM
Art333
Driver School Candidate

Same problem guys! Have you fixed it finally?
Old 02-08-20, 03:37 PM
Dakumi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mann777
So basically if the amp is broken the CD changer won't work? That is weird isn't it? I saw that my amp had fallen off the wall in the back. Could that have broke it? I didnt run the test yet.