GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

How to change this 168 turn signal bulb ??? Not #1156 one

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-10, 07:40 PM
mann777

Received 63 Likes on 30 Posts

Booyah I was rite, as I checked on my car itself that is not the turn signal light, the one for turn is the below the High beam to the corner. And as masboy circled is the parking Dim light stuff, which has a very light toned out color when illuminated. Here is the Breakaway view of the headlamp. You will get an idea.
Attached Thumbnails How to change this 168 turn signal bulb ??? Not #1156 one-headlamp-gx.jpg  
Old 11-29-10, 08:10 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Mann I think you are confused!lol

The light he circled is the turn signal bulb!

Masboy I looked and yes you can change that bulb out fairly easy after you take off the pretty black covers-- I got my hand in there and took it out just to see on the passenger side--the drivers side may be a little tight but with small--normal size hands Im sure you can get to that with out taking the battery out.

Now I went ahead and changed out my parking light (dim light) bulbs with LED's and they look nice--Ill see if I can get a picture real quick--took me all of 10 minutes to do and thats after a washed my hands...lol
Old 11-29-10, 08:43 PM
mann777

Received 63 Likes on 30 Posts

Sorry Booyah...What I am saying what Masboy has circled in red is the socket for the parking signal. If you observe his first Image posted detailing the socket is the one bigger for the turn signal and the small one is what you have been wanting to know for parking This is the one to the right of the turn signal . I am just trying to clear the posting it is what i understand and different to what has been wrongly earmarked and posted. This image is the correct one for Turn signal, but the latter one is wrong. Hope it clears the confusion what you have meant.
Attached Thumbnails How to change this 168 turn signal bulb ??? Not #1156 one-headlamp-masboy.jpg   How to change this 168 turn signal bulb ??? Not #1156 one-wrong-one-marked.jpg  

Last edited by mann777; 11-29-10 at 09:30 PM.
Old 11-30-10, 08:46 AM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mann777
Sorry Booyah...What I am saying what Masboy has circled in red is the socket for the parking signal. If you observe his first Image posted detailing the socket is the one bigger for the turn signal and the small one is what you have been wanting to know for parking This is the one to the right of the turn signal . I am just trying to clear the posting it is what i understand and different to what has been wrongly earmarked and posted. This image is the correct one for Turn signal, but the latter one is wrong. Hope it clears the confusion what you have meant.
Looks like the Parking Lights!
Old 12-03-10, 11:28 AM
LZMF1
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so after reading this thread i decided to replace those bulbs with yellow LEDs. the passenger side one was difficult to get but it's done. now the driver side one will require the removal of the battery. there just isn't enough room to get 1 hand in. i will post pics later. i'm posting from my phone as i wait for my kids to get out of school.
Old 12-03-10, 12:57 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

You meaning the dim parking lights? I got in the drivers one without battery removal--not bad really--you can do it..lol
Old 12-13-10, 06:01 PM
LZMF1
Pole Position

ok, i finally did the one by the battery. my right hand is all scraped up. i got it done though. i also think that i left a 10mm wrench in the engine compartment but i didn't hear any "clang-clang-clang clunk!" when i went out for a drive! i'd like to find that wrench though.
Old 12-13-10, 06:04 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

You have any Picts?
Old 12-14-10, 07:57 AM
LZMF1
Pole Position

i found my 10mm wrench! i need it for my team losi 8ight R/C car as well as my kyosho inferno ve. on top of messing with real cars i've been into R/C cars since i was a kid. now that i'm a bit older and can afford to buy the really good ones i do!
Old 12-14-10, 11:24 AM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LZMF1
i found my 10mm wrench! i need it for my team losi 8ight R/C car as well as my kyosho inferno ve. on top of messing with real cars i've been into R/C cars since i was a kid. now that i'm a bit older and can afford to buy the really good ones i do!
LOL--Dude I been into RC since since 1990.

Been thru
traxxas TRX-1 (remember that)
Hot bodies Lightning
Jammins car and truck
AE/Losi electrics

I still have a Losi LXT monster truck that I just bash and have fun with--retired my 1/10 scale gas truck, sitting on display lol.

I had a MBX5 and then got me a MBX6 for a year and just traded a guy--even swap for a nice:
MBX6T that I will be racing next summer.
It has the OS speed--Awesome motor
Hitec 5995 servos

I really want to get me a Baja 5T but Dammm they are $$$$

Last edited by Booyah; 12-14-10 at 11:28 AM.
Old 12-14-10, 02:08 PM
LZMF1
Pole Position

VERY NICE!!! i got into R/C cars in the early 80's my 1st car was a tamiya superchamp. the thing was like a tank! practically indestructable! since then i've had too many to list or count. when i bought my 1st house in the mid 90's i left a bunch of R/C cars in my parent's basement. i figured they'd be safe there......little did i know that my parents would eventually have a garage sale and ALL OF MY TOYS WERE SOLD FOR A FRACTION OF THE COST!!!!!!!!!!! i'm talkin' an old school AE team associated "gold pan" RC10 all my nice tamiyas, a kyosho and quite a few others. right now i have my losi 8ight that i converted to electric. it has a mamba monster in it and spektrum electronics. i also have the kyosho inferno ve which also has spektrum electronics and a mamba. i have an old losi XXX-T. i bought it around '98 and i recently rebuilt it. looks nice with a graphite chassis and a mamba monster in it........i have that one and a losi micro truck also with a mamba. it helps that i'm good friends with a guy that owns a local hobby shop too.

i never got into the nitro vehicles....too much maintinence for me. i like my electric ones with high end, insanely fast motors and LiPo batteries.
Old 12-14-10, 02:32 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

LOL-- I did electrics for the first 5 years then jumped into the Nitro scene and never looked back! I love the nitro and really the Key is to have a Reliable motor, thats why I love O.S motors, they last a long time and the Speed makes TONS of power and super easy to tune. Onced tuned you just tweak the needles a hair at times.

I have a Losi XXX-NT Nitro lol--thats my 1/10 scale. It also has an OS motor .12 still runs strong and its MANY gallons old.

I have a RC-10 black chassis electric and a losi electric ?? cant remember the name--Ill get and a picture of my XXX-NT

You had a little gold mine with those old school electrics for sure--that sucks they were sold for pennies.

Yea we run Brushless 1/8 scale truggys and buggys and I have to say they flat HAUL Azzzz and are very impressive on LIPOS---doubt I get into electric again though, I like my NITRO
Old 12-14-10, 05:32 PM
LZMF1
Pole Position

i got the highest end brushless mambas in most of my R/C vehicles. i ended up buying the middle of the road one for the losi mini. if you click the link the red one on the top of the page is the one i have the only difference is mine has every possible hop up part in it!

brushless motors are very pricey but when you see just how fast your toy can go......trust me, it's worth it!
Old 12-15-10, 10:03 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LZMF1
ok, i finally did the one by the battery. my right hand is all scraped up. i got it done though. i also think that i left a 10mm wrench in the engine compartment but i didn't hear any "clang-clang-clang clunk!" when i went out for a drive! i'd like to find that wrench though.
did it need a special twist to left or right or something to take that light out ?
Old 12-16-10, 06:30 AM
LZMF1
Pole Position

yes it did......as i stated.....the passenger side one was a pain and the driver side one was a complete pain in the ****!

lefty-loosey, righty-tighty

forgot to add a picture of my right hand. i have a couple of scratches on my wrist as well but i'm happy with the results!
Attached Thumbnails How to change this 168 turn signal bulb ??? Not #1156 one-ouch-.jpg  

Last edited by LZMF1; 12-16-10 at 12:32 PM.