GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

How to change this 168 turn signal bulb ??? Not #1156 one

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-10, 10:10 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default How to change this 168 turn signal bulb ??? Not #1156 one

I've searched and searched.....still cant find anything how to change this bulb (#168).

I saw it from the top, but can't figure out how to take it out...the space is just too tight, especially the driver side (battery get in the away)
Attached Thumbnails How to change this 168 turn signal bulb ??? Not #1156 one-gx470_headlight.jpg  
Old 11-28-10, 10:21 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Not sure!

But can you please tell me how to get the parking light bulb out (the dim lite) that comes on with parking lights and headlights? I believe its the white connector one in your picture--its a differant connectore for sure and Im not sure how to get it out? push pull turn....lol whats the secret
Old 11-28-10, 10:28 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Booyah
Not sure!

But can you please tell me how to get the parking light bulb out (the dim lite) that comes on with parking lights and headlights? I believe its the white connector one in your picture--its a differant connectore for sure and Im not sure how to get it out? push pull turn....lol whats the secret
Booyah, you mean this one ?

this is just crazy, seems like I have to take out the whole bumper & headlight to change all bulbs
Old 11-28-10, 10:32 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

No not that one! its a 194 bulb and its the parking light one--its a very dim light when on and its got a different looking connector---its right beside the HIGH beam bulb..lol
Old 11-29-10, 06:13 AM
mann777

Received 63 Likes on 30 Posts

Booyah that is the one circled with red. That is the smallest of all the total 4 Bulbs which comes onto the headlamp.
Old 11-29-10, 07:51 AM
gsobol
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think you can get to it from underneath the truck. Not sure if you don't have to unscrew the plastic cover in the wheel well. I can't remember, but I think thats how I got to it, between the fender and the engine bay.
Old 11-29-10, 08:52 AM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mann777
Booyah that is the one circled with red. That is the smallest of all the total 4 Bulbs which comes onto the headlamp.

No! The circled one is the turn bulb! Look down and to the left of the red circle in that pict--thats the 194 parking light--I cant figure how that connector comes off as its differant that the others.

I want to know how to get the connector off the one thats Beside the High beam bulb in that picture--its the parking light (dimest bulb)

Last edited by Booyah; 11-29-10 at 08:56 AM.
Old 11-29-10, 11:29 AM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gsobol
I think you can get to it from underneath the truck. Not sure if you don't have to unscrew the plastic cover in the wheel well. I can't remember, but I think thats how I got to it, between the fender and the engine bay.
Is this for my question or for Boooyah ? underneath the truck ?? how in the world my arms able to reach the headlight from underneath the truck ??

should i just take the bumper off ?? then unscrew all headlight and change it that way ?
Old 11-29-10, 11:39 AM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

If you have long arms I think you can do it not sure? Easiest way would be to take the light assy out--2 screws and it should pop out.

Ill look at mine tonight and see what I think on that bulb you are trying to get out--
Old 11-29-10, 01:05 PM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Headlights (Hi/Lo) are accessible from the engine compartment.
Old 11-29-10, 01:08 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

If you have long arms I think you can do it not sure? Easiest way would be to take the light assy out--2 screws and it should pop out.
really ? i did that last night and the headlight didnt move at all. there is gotta be another screw around the bottom area of the headlight...

Ill look at mine tonight and see what I think on that bulb you are trying to get out--
yes, please Sir Booyah, that would be awesome!!! im trying to avoid stupid silly ticket from police in case they found out our "signal bulb" is out
Old 11-29-10, 01:18 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

I Just talked to my Lexus mechanic and the BUMPER has to be removed to get the light assy out--WOW--Security reasons for theft!!!

Also he said you can get to all those bulbs from the top to replace them? although I can go underneath and reach a few of them...lol

So give it another whirl---
Old 11-29-10, 02:29 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

I Just talked to my Lexus mechanic and the BUMPER has to be removed to get the light assy out--WOW--Security reasons for theft!!!

Also he said you can get to all those bulbs from the top to replace them? although I can go underneath and reach a few of them...lol

So give it another whirl---
hmm i guess the battery need to be taken out then ? i was able to reach it (barely) but I dont know how to pull it out
Old 11-29-10, 02:35 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Usually all those are twistie type connectors--twist and pull out. try and look at it to make sure first.
Old 11-29-10, 05:51 PM
LZMF1
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this DIY shows you how to do the one that you DON'T want to change but it has pics and may help.

if all else fails you can remove the cover that goes over the radiator. i'm not sure if the pins that hold it in are the ones that you pry straight out or if they're the ones that you have to pop the center of the pin in and then pry them out. when i installed my HIDs i obviously removed the cover and putting the HID bulbs and ballasts in were a piece of cake. not exactly the info you're looking for but it'll definitely help.

and they're all the "twistie" type

EDIT: masboy posted the link first

Last edited by LZMF1; 11-29-10 at 05:55 PM. Reason: LOL! i just noticed....

Quick Reply: How to change this 168 turn signal bulb ??? Not #1156 one