GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Car busted into

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-11, 04:20 AM
new2005GX
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Car busted into

Busted rear window, glove box ripped off, console broken, etc.

No that I am past the depression & anger state, I'm looking at fixing this myself to save $ - does anyone know if the console is specific to models with or w/o the rear entertainment (i.e. is the DVD player assbly a separate part?).

There are a bunch of parts on ebay but I want to be sure b4 I bid.

Thanks!

PS, If you ever want to know how nice your ride really is, buy a POS back-up car (mine is a 2002 Chrysler Town and Country 'Limited). Everytime I drive that and get back into the GX, I feel like I died and went to heaven, the difference is incredible. Pretty amazing for a vehicle that stickered only 10K above the other. Granted the T&C is a much more practical vehicle (esp w/AWD). It is great to have a beater as a back up or for when you don't want to put something dirty into the GX (e.g. mountain bike)....
Old 02-13-11, 07:59 AM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry for your misfortune. Have you tried Sewell for these parts?

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/oem-cat...X470-2005.html
Old 02-13-11, 12:15 PM
Globalinx
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel for you. I had my cars broken in to a bunch of times too.
Old 02-13-11, 12:30 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

insurance wont cover it?
Old 02-13-11, 03:04 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks.
Old 02-14-11, 04:21 AM
new2005GX
Rookie

Originally Posted by redrocks
Sorry for your misfortune. Have you tried Sewell for these parts?

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/oem-cat...X470-2005.html
Yeah, I did thanks. I found all the parts I need on Sewell but I'm going to try ebay first.
Old 02-14-11, 04:24 AM
new2005GX
Rookie

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
insurance wont cover it?
Yes they did. They just cut me a check for 2K saying I can have it fixed or keep the $ and do it myself. If I have it fixed though it won't cost me a penny over the deductible (500) but I think I can fix everything myself for much less than that. I'll turn this negative into a positive by getting all of the scratches I put on my baby this NE winter fixed with the difference.
Old 02-14-11, 06:06 AM
97JZA80
Pit Crew

that blows, did they actually take anything or just screw stuff up....I totally understand on the driving a POS comment too. I daily drive my 88 celica and then when I get into any of the other cars its a treat.
Old 02-14-11, 09:36 AM
new2005GX
Rookie

Originally Posted by 97JZA80
that blows, did they actually take anything or just screw stuff up....I totally understand on the driving a POS comment too. I daily drive my 88 celica and then when I get into any of the other cars its a treat.
Yeah they took my sat radio (stupid, I simpley had it shut off the next day) & my garmin GPS. Stupid **** must have cut himself when he broke the window, he left bloody fingerprints all over the place. It was disgusting - all clean (and sterile) now though.
Old 02-14-11, 11:39 AM
Lexus 4 ME
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try car-part.com
Sorry about what happened
Old 02-15-11, 12:40 PM
new2005GX
Rookie

Originally Posted by Lexus 4 ME
Try car-part.com
Sorry about what happened
Oooh, good call - forgot about them. I ordered a new glovebox & lock from Lexus Parts Now yesterday, they seem pretty good to work with and they were actually much cheaper than Sewell. I'll see if I can't find some of the more expensive parts on car-part.
Old 02-15-11, 02:24 PM
Turbinator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

First - sorry to hear about your vehicle. People who break into cars like this for theft have no place in our society, in my opinion.

(There is a legit place for people who break into cars though - if I locked myself out, I'll need help getting in... )

Originally Posted by new2005GX
PS, If you ever want to know how nice your ride really is, buy a POS back-up car (mine is a 2002 Chrysler Town and Country 'Limited). Everytime I drive that and get back into the GX, I feel like I died and went to heaven, the difference is incredible. Pretty amazing for a vehicle that stickered only 10K above the other. Granted the T&C is a much more practical vehicle (esp w/AWD). It is great to have a beater as a back up or for when you don't want to put something dirty into the GX (e.g. mountain bike)....
Yes - you are totally right in the above. I drive a daily driver and it's always a real treat to get back behind the wheel of a Lexus now and then. Makes you really appreciate the quality of the Lexus vehicles. Well said.

Turby
Old 02-17-11, 12:44 PM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everyone - make sure you're logging into your account on our site to ensure you're actually viewing your preferred CL pricing.

I hope that helps,
Darrel
Old 02-22-11, 03:25 PM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Busted rear window, glove box ripped off, console broken, etc.

No that I am past the depression & anger state, I'm looking at fixing this myself to save $ - does anyone know if the console is specific to models with or w/o the rear entertainment (i.e. is the DVD player assbly a separate part?).

There are a bunch of parts on ebay but I want to be sure b4 I bid.

Thanks!

Sorry to hear....which part of MA u from?

I work in Quincy.

Ken
Old 03-16-11, 08:22 PM
ROSCOGX470
Instructor

Received 101 Likes on 73 Posts

Oooh, good call - forgot about them. I ordered a new glovebox & lock from Lexus Parts Now yesterday, they seem pretty good to work with and they were actually much cheaper than Sewell. I'll see if I can't find some of the more expensive parts on car-part.
Hope everything is fixed by now. What part of MA are you in so I dont park there. I'm from Saugus, MA

Quick Reply: Car busted into