GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Spoiler install, non factory

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-12, 06:28 PM
Makakio
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Ancient - much appreciated!
Old 08-04-12, 11:34 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ancient
Makakio, here is the link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Painted-2005...&vxp=mtr&hash=

It was spoiler central on ebay, $119.00, painted
Looks pretty tedious. How was the paint job? Thanks so much for this install post.
Old 08-05-12, 01:56 AM
clubsport
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think if you go to spoilercentral? their paint job is right on... from experience of 2 different spoilers and two different cars... service is good too
Old 08-05-12, 02:37 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by clubsport
i think if you go to spoilercentral? their paint job is right on... from experience of 2 different spoilers and two different cars... service is good too
Thanks. I messaged them via ebay about the color code ect. ect. How long did they wait to send it after the paint? I am in no rush and paint never should be either. $120 is ridiculous compared to the $450 from seawell OEM.

Actually just ordered it from spoilercentral. I hope it does not sit in the hallway too long cause of how crazy this install is lol!

Last edited by infinirx; 08-05-12 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-06-12, 09:04 AM
Makakio
Rookie

I bought mine from spoilercentral and the paint on it was perfect and perfect match. Best $119 I've spent on the car hands-down. Paid another $100 to a local auto body guy to mount it. Usually not a big spoiler / effects guy - but that thing really finishes the hatch.
Old 08-06-12, 09:08 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Makakio
I bought mine from spoilercentral and the paint on it was perfect and perfect match. Best $119 I've spent on the car hands-down. Paid another $100 to a local auto body guy to mount it. Usually not a big spoiler / effects guy - but that thing really finishes the hatch.
Good to hear. I was really not sure for that price. gotta ask. I am definitely feeling that it's a missing part.
Old 08-13-12, 12:30 PM
Makakio
Rookie

You'll be stoked - pull the trigger.
Old 08-13-12, 12:42 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Makakio
You'll be stoked - pull the trigger.
It's already sitting in my hallway in the wrapper lol! Just waiting to the opportunity to see get it installed. I am really not skilled at this.
Old 08-15-12, 06:36 AM
Ancient
Pole Position

Check the corners of the spoiler, they get dented a little in shipment. If the corners are bent a little, it doesn't show when the spoiler is on the car. Best to have someone help you with the installation. It is a scarying thing drilling holes. Do it when you have help and plenty of time.
Old 08-15-12, 10:52 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Check the corners of the spoiler, they get dented a little in shipment. If the corners are bent a little, it doesn't show when the spoiler is on the car. Best to have someone help you with the installation. It is a scarying thing drilling holes. Do it when you have help and plenty of time.
Nope mine are good. I checked and there is extra protection there.

Last edited by infinirx; 08-16-12 at 02:15 AM.
Old 08-18-12, 03:57 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Very impressive kit over all. I am a little worried about going through the car wash with this though. Anyone have any experiences?

Before:

After:

Before:

After (not as impressive from the sites:

Really makes a difference. Gives the illusion that the height is lower. Slick. Love that the light is clear and not red. Brings out all the chrome. Time to wash the car.
Old 08-19-12, 05:49 AM
Ancient
Pole Position

Looks great, good job.

To answer some previous questions. It is missing a part, I left my original brake light in under the spoiler. It doesn't bother me and it is not really visible under the spoiler from a distance. I left both lights work, although you can disconnect the original light.

Never take my car through a car wash with brushes. Not sure how the light weight abs spoiler will hold up and you see the warning signs, that aftermarket parts are not covered for any damage by the car wash. However, I have taken my car through the touchless, high pressure spray only car washes a couple of times. I prefer to hand wash my car, even in winter.
Old 08-19-12, 07:41 AM
vince22
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks great man......I had mine from spoilercentral 3yrs ago, paid little extra for blizzard pearl but very satisfied with it, didn't either covering the original brake light.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...el-year-2.html
Old 08-19-12, 12:49 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Looks great, good job.

To answer some previous questions. It is missing a part, I left my original brake light in under the spoiler. It doesn't bother me and it is not really visible under the spoiler from a distance. I left both lights work, although you can disconnect the original light.

Never take my car through a car wash with brushes. Not sure how the light weight abs spoiler will hold up and you see the warning signs, that aftermarket parts are not covered for any damage by the car wash. However, I have taken my car through the touchless, high pressure spray only car washes a couple of times. I prefer to hand wash my car, even in winter.
Yeah hand wash it is....
Old 08-19-12, 12:52 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by vince22
Looks great man......I had mine from spoilercentral 3yrs ago, paid little extra for blizzard pearl but very satisfied with it, didn't either covering the original brake light.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...el-year-2.html
omg I really want the sport tails now....

Quick Reply: Spoiler install, non factory