GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Anyone have grey OEM floormats in ivory interior? Pics?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-12, 02:07 PM
Muti007
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone have grey OEM floormats in ivory interior? Pics?

I know its an odd question and request, but I always buy new oem floormats when I buy a car regardless of condition of the mats of the car I bought. The ones in my GX have a few little stains on them that arent likely noticeable to most but Im too **** to let them go, and theyve already been shampooed. I was thinking of maybe going with grey instead of ivory again as I think they will be easier to keep clean than the ivory ones, and with the overall dash and doors color scheme, they might even look pretty good. Then again, they might look terrible and stand out like a sore thumb. Anyone have that combination now that I might be able to see? Anyone ever seen it done and have impressions?

If you dont have your car setup that way and you have never seen it done that way either, please dont offer up opinions on how sure you are that its all wrong. Id rather hear opinions only from people that have actually done it.

TIA
Old 02-04-12, 05:44 PM
ALAN553
Racer

Received 169 Likes on 145 Posts

Weather tech Just hose them off and never an odor.
Old 02-04-12, 06:19 PM
Bob GX
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have grey OEM all weather mats in my Ivory interior - but you are asking about the carpet floor mats, correct? I could send some photos of the all weather ones if you want, let me know
Bob
Old 02-04-12, 06:21 PM
Muti007
Advanced

Originally Posted by ALAN553
Weather tech Just hose them off and never an odor.
You know I have thought of that but wonder if I would think they look and feel out of place in such a seemingly luxurious vehicle. I believe Husky also makes really good custom rubber mats too for our trucks.

Bob GX I'd love to see those pics please, thanks!
Old 02-04-12, 07:34 PM
Bob GX
Driver

I'll take & post those photos tomorrow - when it's daylight!
Bob
Old 02-04-12, 07:43 PM
Muti007
Advanced

Fantastic, thank you sir. So speaking of the all weather rubber types of mats like Weather tech, Husky etc, do any of you have pics of them in your rigs and how do you like them? Do you feel they fit the over aesthetic of the truck? Ive always throught they were a bit too rugged for such a luxurious vehicle but maybe I should adjust my thinking. What I really like is I know at least Husky makes a second row mat that is a one piece and also covers the trans tunnel. I love that, wish Lexus made an OEM rug that did the same.
Old 02-04-12, 10:38 PM
Ancient
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you look back in the new posts, a couple of weeks, I believe redrocks has the liners with pictures. I have one rubber mat on the drivers side, when I am working in winter. On the week ends, going out, or if the weather is nice, I take that mat out and put the Lexus carpeted mat back in. I don't have children, that use the back seats. I don't like the look of the rubber mats, but I have to be practical in winter/ salt. I invented ****. I never let salt set on my car or wheels overnight. One of my hobbies is detailing my car. When needed, the rubber mat keeps my car cleaner.
Old 02-04-12, 11:05 PM
Muti007
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ancient
If you look back in the new posts, a couple of weeks, I believe redrocks has the liners with pictures. I have one rubber mat on the drivers side, when I am working in winter. On the week ends, going out, or if the weather is nice, I take that mat out and put the Lexus carpeted mat back in. I don't have children, that use the back seats. I don't like the look of the rubber mats, but I have to be practical in winter/ salt. I invented ****. I never let salt set on my car or wheels overnight. One of my hobbies is detailing my car. When needed, the rubber mat keeps my car cleaner.
Thats cool and I can see in that scenario why having just the one makes sense. I don't intend to put too many miles annually on my GX, its primarily for rainy and snow days and for the occasional road trip. Otherwise it will not be used too much really.

I too have no kids (or wife for that matter) and so 99.99% of the time, I am going to be the only one in my truck. But I dont want to buy a set of mats to switch in and out. Just one good set. As such, it would seem you and I are in agreement over rubber mats but then in terms of practicality and usefulness they are so much better too. I think what I really need is pics of some that people are already running to see if I might find them tolerable.

Oh, heres a quick pic of my fleet. Sorry for the crappy phone pic.

Old 02-05-12, 06:08 AM
Ancient
Pole Position

Very, very, nice. It is like an automotive tool box, you just pick the right tool for the job. Depending on weather and occasion, you pick what you want to drive. I see yours is black. Other than my 2008 Titianium GX, I have had (3) vehicles in the last (18) years and they were all black. For me, at my age, and where I am at now in life, I choose one rubber mat. Others have the full necessity for a set. I chose rubber because it is quiet and soft. I have had plastic liners and you can hear your feet shifting around onthe plastic. Good luck in your choice.
Old 02-05-12, 06:38 AM
Ancient
Pole Position

I found this online, from a dealer selling a black GX. The gray mats aren't in good shape, but these are the pictures. The grey does match the other gray trim, console, top of the dash, etc. You could use the grey carpeted set for winter.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have grey OEM floormats in ivory interior?  Pics?-4570641685.jpg   Anyone have grey OEM floormats in ivory interior?  Pics?-4570642069.jpg  

Last edited by Ancient; 02-05-12 at 07:30 AM.
Old 02-05-12, 06:49 AM
z0lt3c
Driver

I use clear all weather covers on top of the ivory mats. You get the look and feel of the carpeted color match match, but the protection from the elements with the cover. I went with exactmats brands, much cheaper then the weathertech solution.

Old 02-05-12, 07:03 AM
Muti007
Advanced

I like the idea z0lt3c but I dont think I could live with those. Ive seen other folks with them and theyre just not my style.
Old 02-05-12, 01:31 PM
Bob GX
Driver

Here's the photos. I always thought there was not a great difference in color, and if both grey & tan mats are side by side in the sunlight there's a visible difference. But in place on the floor in typical 'inside the car' lighting, I'm hard pressed to see a great difference.

Hope these help you in your quest!
Bob
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have grey OEM floormats in ivory interior?  Pics?-photo-2.jpg   Anyone have grey OEM floormats in ivory interior?  Pics?-photo-3.jpg  
Old 02-05-12, 01:45 PM
Muti007
Advanced

Oh thanks Bob, those really look great!! And, thank you all for being so helpful, much appreciated.

So I bit the bullet and just ordered the grey OEM carpet mats for my car. I think they should look just fine and be easier to keep clean than the super light colored ivory ones that I have now. Betweem having a black truck and the top of the doors, dash and various other parts of the interior being a dark greyish/brownish color I think they should look great. I will post up pics once they arrive.

Thanks everybody. I hope I dont regret not going with Huskys or Weathertechs, but something has kept me away from those for 60+ cars now. I think they look great in other folks's cars but I just prefer carpet as I findit just looks more homey, comfortable, luxurious. Then I look at pics like Bobs and think durnit, y didnt I just get those?

O well, looking forward to getting them!

Now, to get that DVD player to work while on the move. Hmmmmm
Old 02-08-12, 01:56 AM
volman3
Driver School Candidate

Default Floor Mats

Bob, where did you get the floor mats pictured?

Quick Reply: Anyone have grey OEM floormats in ivory interior? Pics?