GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Sport Bumper Trim

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-12, 05:37 PM
mattbeeezy
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Sport Bumper Trim

I picked this up 2 weeks ago from ebay..... I know is discontinued so I thought I'd share. The original was pearl white so I got it painted.

Old 10-22-12, 06:42 PM
zippinbye
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Replacement on an existing Sport Package, or a mod? Looks good either way! BTW this is a great solution if you don't like having a front license plate. I know there is a removable plug with the Lexus logo, but most cops don't. My state law mandates a front plate "where a mount exists." Conventionality, it appears there is not an easy way to to hang a plate with the Sport bumper.
Old 10-23-12, 02:46 AM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awe man I so want it! Been looking everywhere!! It's an accessory no longer made. I am very jealous.
Old 10-23-12, 11:01 AM
bashli61
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NICE JOB that look great!!
Old 10-25-12, 10:53 AM
MSGX470
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks Great, especially with the black on chrome, Nice.
Old 10-25-12, 11:55 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Would love to see some without the white tape and a full car shot at some point if you have any.
Old 10-26-12, 11:56 PM
andreys
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by infinirx
Would love to see some without the white tape and a full car shot at some point if you have any.
Here you can find more pictures:

http://aaqualitycars.com/stock.asp?id=076112

click on "View Additional Pictures" link there
Old 10-27-12, 09:19 AM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Glad you like the trim. To me, and its just my opinion, it looks like an after thought. It looks like its a piece of plastic trim from a cheap aftermarket body kit just bolted on. It doesnt flow with the bumper at all and looks out of place. Its not my GX so Im not complaining.
Old 10-28-12, 02:43 PM
infinirx
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RCsGX
Glad you like the trim. To me, and its just my opinion, it looks like an after thought. It looks like its a piece of plastic trim from a cheap aftermarket body kit just bolted on. It doesnt flow with the bumper at all and looks out of place. Its not my GX so Im not complaining.
Some of your points are valid. It does look a tad afterthought and the biggest thing it it's just for looks. I also do not really love the fact it does not fit up flush to the fog lights well. Some one else here has it and said it cracked and is useless. I still like it and it's really all we have. Not allot of stuff for this vehicle to mod really. Only other front bumper thing is for a Prado and there is no guarantee it's gonna fit right.
Old 10-28-12, 05:22 PM
clubsport
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think it looks nice...

i have one on my truck, bilzzard... what i like about it is the chrome part and tha makes the truck look better...
on the other hand it's not a cheap piece to add on... sometimes when parking in tight spaces i feel it might touch the wall in front... other than that it's looks very nice or on my truck it does... and the fit is spot on so no out of place look as with aftermarket stuff...
Old 12-15-14, 09:54 AM
TyneeGX
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Resurrecting this.
Had an ebay search for one of these for about 8 months. First one that popped up was old dealer stock, brand new in the packaging, painted ash blue, which is the exact color I needed. Will get pics up once the wife stops driving it EVERYWHERE. It was missing the attachment hardware, but I found enough pieces at Autozone to securely fasten it to the bumper. It's extremely light, so it doesn't offer any protection. It's actually more of a liability, because I'm sure sourcing a new one again is going to cost the insurance company a boat load. But I do like the look of it. It sets the truck off as a little different from the other GX's, along with the FJ rims.

Bought snow tires for it on FJ rims in October, had to wait until this weekend to get them on, I have to find excuses to make her drive my car in order to get anything done on the GX.
Good thing it's bullet-proof, 'cause she will find out. Hence my hesitation to let her drive my car.
Old 05-07-17, 06:54 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TyneeGX
Resurrecting this.
Had an ebay search for one of these for about 8 months. First one that popped up was old dealer stock, brand new in the packaging, painted ash blue, which is the exact color I needed. Will get pics up once the wife stops driving it EVERYWHERE. It was missing the attachment hardware, but I found enough pieces at Autozone to securely fasten it to the bumper. It's extremely light, so it doesn't offer any protection. It's actually more of a liability, because I'm sure sourcing a new one again is going to cost the insurance company a boat load. But I do like the look of it. It sets the truck off as a little different from the other GX's, along with the FJ rims.

Bought snow tires for it on FJ rims in October, had to wait until this weekend to get them on, I have to find excuses to make her drive my car in order to get anything done on the GX.
Good thing it's bullet-proof, 'cause she will find out. Hence my hesitation to let her drive my car.
Resurrecting this from the dead... Can someone tell me how this installs? Is it just two bolts? Thanks!
Old 05-07-17, 07:22 PM
TyneeGX
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TJW98LS
Resurrecting this from the dead... Can someone tell me how this installs? Is it just two bolts? Thanks!
yeah, from what I remember. You just need some simple bolts and spacers/washers, drill through the standard bumper cover, and bolt up. Might be 4 bolts total, I forgot.
it's extremely easy. Someone may have detailed install instructions, but if you can hang pictures and change brakes, this won't slow you down.
The following users liked this post:
TJW98LS (05-08-17)