GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Rear Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-03, 06:17 PM
Kbach
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Rear Spoiler

Has anyone bought a rear spoiler with matching paint from the web site Spoiler Depot.com? I see they have them available now, but I don't want to buy if it's not a high quality with exact factory match paint item.

Spoiler Depot.com
Old 03-12-03, 09:10 PM
Yumla
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! that's a great price. My local dealer quoted me $1,000 (incl. installation).
Old 03-13-03, 03:59 AM
Kbach
Pole Position

Default rear spoiler

I've seen a couple threads referring to www.lexus-parts.com as a supplier for $550 and getting the dealer to install for $125. That's the sticker price for this option, so I don't think it's a big savings, but it's OEM parts so the quality is there. $1000 seems a bit high to me.
Old 03-14-03, 08:10 AM
Carnut
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Deal on spoiler.

I bought the spoiler from spoiler depot that they bought from Lexus to use as the mule. I traded my GX for an LX after two weeks and gave them the spoiler as my gift. They still have it at Wilke Lexus 610-525-0900. They will probably give you a good deal. Sand Dollar color
Old 03-14-03, 04:07 PM
Kbach
Pole Position

I went ahead a ordered one last night from spoiler depot in sand dollar pearl. I guess I should have been a little patienter.
Old 03-26-03, 05:04 PM
andiamo168
Driver School Candidate

Default Factory spoiler for $412

I got a quote of $412 from www.irontoad.com which they claim it's 100% factory part. This is only $43 more than Spoiler Depot's OEM part ($369). If it's really genuine Lexus part, it's an excellent buy. Have anyone deal with irontoad before?

Edit: Fixed the link by removing a comma..

Last edited by genearch; 04-01-03 at 07:48 PM.
Old 03-26-03, 08:01 PM
raybeck
Rookie

Default Spoiler

I know this item (all weather mats) isn't near as big a deal as ordering a rear spoiler, but when I received them they were genuine lexus mats, so I am pleased. In fact, the return address on the box was Lexus, but I can't remember the state. Hope that helps.

Oh, forgot to say, I did order them form Irontoad.

Last edited by raybeck; 03-26-03 at 08:02 PM.
Old 04-01-03, 03:47 PM
Kbach
Pole Position

Angry

Well, after waiting forever, the spoiler from Spoilerdepot.com came yesterday. It's going back today!! There was a couple slight paint defects on the trailing edge. I talked with the customer service department and they will have a replacement sent after they inspect this one. So, in another month I may have a spoiler. One thing I did find out, this company does not have the third brake light filler that the factory spoiler comes with. I asked the irontoad.com people also if they had that part with their spoiler and they didn't know anything about it. I don't think it will matter too much as I'll cut the wires to that light anyway and you really can't see it with the spoiler in place.

Other than the paint, it looked good. it was so slight that I would have installed it if they would have adjusted the price. They didn't want to do that, so back it goes.
Old 04-09-03, 02:26 PM
Kbach
Pole Position

Just got off the phone with the Spoiler Depot guys. They say the mark in the paint is within industry standards and basically I should be happy with it!! I told him that putting something with a easily visible paint defect on a $50,000 vehicle was not satisfactory with me. It's about the size of a pin head and black. After a discussion with the floor manager, I'm getting a 100% refund.

I will buy one from irontoad.com since it's OEM.
Old 04-09-03, 04:51 PM
0260n5.7
Lexus Tuner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

K,

That is a shame. They didn't want to give you a break, ha? If I were them , I would have either given you a slight discount or sent you a new 1. I'm surprised they'd choose to lose business in this economy. Oh well. At least you got 100% back.

MAC
Old 04-10-03, 06:18 AM
KayGee
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Re: Deal on spoiler.

Originally posted by Carnut
I traded my GX for an LX after two weeks ...
Why? Do you care to share your story?
Old 04-10-03, 06:51 AM
Carnut
Pole Position

Default My Reasons

I had an LX450, asnd then an 00, and an 01 LX470. I switch vehicles quite abit and got tried of SUVs for awhile, then the GX470 came out, went to my dealer and bought one. I live in an area where I tracel through alot of backroad shortcuts, roads I use are last to be plowing and full of curves. Truth is the GX slid all over the road and came within a foot of being wraped around a tree. Never have that happen with the LX, so after 500 miles I traded is for a loaded LX.
Old 04-10-03, 07:10 AM
raybeck
Rookie

Default GX

We have a ranch and travel on many very sharp winding roads and on cliche (sp?), with absolutely no problems what so ever. Of course, we slow down alittle for the really sharp curves but the GX holds it ground perfectly. I have been very impressed with the way it handles on such roads.
Old 04-10-03, 08:22 AM
Carnut
Pole Position

Default Glad it works for you.

Trouble is around here I share the road with too many other drivers, who may be sliding, or making turns right in front of you. The LX is almost 1000 pounds heavier and since I am very used to its capabilites, it is a much better choice for me. I though the GX was a very nice truck, not the right one for me.
Old 04-10-03, 10:06 AM
raybeck
Rookie

Default Carnut

Makes sense, need to get what works best in your own situation. I haven't ever driven the LX, but am sure I would love it, too, just a little big for me, but sure looks nice when you see one.

Quick Reply: Rear Spoiler