GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Voice Navigation and CD Player

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-03, 07:44 PM
gx470
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Voice Navigation and CD Player

When I issue the command of "CD" to the voice navigation system I get a response of "CD Not Connected". The cd player is definately working. Once I have the audio system playing CDs other voice commands that will change the track or change the disc work fine. Anyone else have this problem? I am doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help that you can provide.
Old 04-10-03, 08:50 PM
Jim Bob
Driver School Candidate

Default CD & Voice

Had same issue with voice command "CD". With NAV. CD is not available, so instead just say "CD Changer" this will switch to your in dash CD changer.
Old 04-22-03, 07:25 AM
tella
Driver

Angry "Go Home" command is not recognized

My GX470 does not recognize any commands which contain GO in them. Obviously, it includes the most common command "Go Home". On the other hand, all other commands don't have any issues. I have tried other people to give the command, but the system responsed in a very chaotic way. Anything, but the right response. Any ideas, what might be the case here? Thanks
Old 04-29-03, 11:49 PM
CivicFerio
Pole Position

I'm having problems with the "go home" command as well. I don't know if it is because of my asian accent or something. I've tried saying "home" and "go home" in every imagineable way, sometimes it works sometimes it dosen't. I just press the home botton on the screen now.

Charleston
Old 04-30-03, 06:11 AM
donaldak
Driver School Candidate

This is an interesting thread.

I have been getting quite annoyed with the voice recognition. I am only able to get voice recognition to work 50% of the time, however, my wife has 100% success with it! I was beginning to think it was a male - female thing, but having read CivicFerio's reply in which he mentions accents I am beginning to wonder if it is my British accent versus my wife's accent (she is from Louisiana) . As an aside, I also have a 2002 BMW M5 with voice recognition. It works perfectly for me, but my wife can not get it to work at all!

I guess voice recognition is still evolving. The first car I had it in was a 1993 Audi S4 which used voice recognition to operate the phone and to switch the audio system on and off. It had a maximum of 12 instructions, took 15 minutes to program and randomly operated! It was a great idea, but ahead of its time!: The new systems are much better!