GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models
View Poll Results: Are you experiencing vibration?
vibration (around 1700 rpm in all gears)
31.33%
vibration (60-75 mph)
20.48%
No vibration at all
48.19%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Are you experiencing vibration?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-04, 09:34 AM
abagx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How bad is it exactly for you guys
Old 01-03-04, 11:34 AM
modelaford
Driver

Thumbs down

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.
Old 01-03-04, 04:48 PM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Let's try to be a little more descriptive

modelaford,

I can totally appreciate the problem you are having, but your last reply doesn't help anyone. Someone is asking a legit question, I've asked this before. and gotten no responses, can anyone who is experiencing vibration issues be a little more descriptive about it?

I know the clunk feels like you've been bumped from behind, but what does the vibration feel like?

a) a cell phone on vibe,
b) mild electric shock
c) you are off roading
d) the wheels are going to fall off

Honestly, I am not trying to make light of anyone's misfortune over their vehicle and any problems they may be facing, I am seriously asking for a better description of the problem...do I feel some buzzing in my steering wheel when I step on the gas YES, but it is not even as bad as a cell phone on vibe...does this constitute the feeling you have that is being called a vibration issue???

I know some of you are having trouble getting this problem resolved, and I am sorry for that, but I think it would be helpful to give people as accurate a picture of the issue as possible.
Old 01-03-04, 08:13 PM
jacksonian
Pole Position

I have the same question. Either I don't have the vibration or the guys complaining about it should be taken out back and shot. I can feel what I would call a very high frequency hum in the wheel at the rpms described. It's barely perceptible and definitely not an issue. I hope that's not what they're talking about.
Old 01-04-04, 10:26 AM
modelaford
Driver

Unhappy

Jacksonion writes:I have the same question. Either I don't have the vibration or the guys complaining about it should be taken out back and shot. I can feel what I would call a very high frequency hum in the wheel at the rpms described. It's barely perceptible and definitely not an issue. I hope that's not what they're talking about.

Jack, I take that as a direct threat and have your ISP. Just to be on notice.
Old 01-04-04, 11:10 AM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The truth comes out

Originally posted by modelaford
Jacksonion writes:I have the same question. Either I don't have the vibration or the guys complaining about it should be taken out back and shot. I can feel what I would call a very high frequency hum in the wheel at the rpms described. It's barely perceptible and definitely not an issue. I hope that's not what they're talking about.

Jack, I take that as a direct threat and have your ISP. Just to be on notice.
modelaford,

I don't think that jacksonian was making any direct threats, but I will say that based on your reply alot of this moaning about vibration may just be a load of crap. Since you have become so defensive to the comment by jacksonian, AND you have not explained the vibration issue any further to help members, it is clear that you have a different agenda with regards to your continual posting of negative comments on the GX.

Until someone who is experiencing vibration can come up with a better description, this thread is now closed. When that description does get to my PM, I will post it here and reopen the thread for civil discussion. Until that time I think everyone can draw their own conclusions about how "significant" or how bad this vibration issue is or isn't.