GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

GX470 w/Nav Solution for Aftermarket Stereo?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-18, 05:40 AM
mudfunk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe it's just the stock photo. It can be changed once installed. Easiest way to add bluetooth is Vais slb3. Works great and the best thing is it automatically turns off the I AGREE screen. Never have to hit that again.
Old 10-02-18, 07:16 AM
Brianflo
Driver School Candidate

Thanks
is the Phoenix like the GROM in that you have to have a cell phone /wi go to use all functions (ie) Bluetooth maps.
Old 10-02-18, 07:22 AM
Kelevra
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Brianflo
For those who have the Phoenix does it always have a picture of a car. All the images I’ve seen show cars usually a Lexus but since we are on a GX forum what’s strange is it’s usually cars. I was hoping to be able to take out my stock 04 radio/cassette deck and go to a newer Lexus deck that had Bluetooth but I don’t think that can be done

anybody know if possible

I have the Phoenix installed. Mine came with the GX photo, (We have it installed in a GX). I believe there are other background choices. I know a couple of people on Ih8mud have changed the background photo.
Old 10-19-18, 10:04 PM
Yaahms
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi all. So I just ordered this thing and still looking at info about it. Came across a site that says as of 9/18 an update has caused the AC controls to not work anymore. Anyone have any further info about this? BeEvil are your AC controls still good?
Old 10-20-18, 07:38 AM
Kelevra
Driver

Originally Posted by Yaahms
Hi all. So I just ordered this thing and still looking at info about it. Came across a site that says as of 9/18 an update has caused the AC controls to not work anymore. Anyone have any further info about this? BeEvil are your AC controls still good?
What year is your GX?
Old 10-20-18, 02:17 PM
BeEvil
Driver

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Did you order the Phoenix one or the DLC one? I have the DLC installed and all is still functioning.
The following users liked this post:
Yaahms (10-21-18)
Old 10-21-18, 11:44 AM
childerj
Driver School Candidate

I just purchased and installed the GROM unit. I considered the Phoenix tablet but the fact that the units are shipped from China, the reviews about lack of support and that I wanted to retain all of my factory stereo/nav functionality made me go with Grom.

So far so good.
Old 10-21-18, 03:05 PM
Yaahms
Driver School Candidate

This is the one I got. Looks to be the same as yours:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10-4...490c4c4dJv7QeT
Old 10-21-18, 03:06 PM
Yaahms
Driver School Candidate

Mine is a 2003.
Old 10-21-18, 03:36 PM
Kelevra
Driver

Mine is a 2003.

I think for an 03, you are ok. Mine has the Phoenix Android Radio. I like the hard buttons for the AC, yours looks not to have them?
Here is a photo of my unit.

Last edited by Kelevra; 10-21-18 at 03:40 PM.
Yaahms (10-21-18)
Old 10-21-18, 03:50 PM
Yaahms
Driver School Candidate

The manufacturer messaged me but is slow to respond to my reply. I will confirm that the AC controls will all work before finalizing the transaction. I also wonder if this unit will support an aftermarket amp as opposed to the ML system. Another question that I am waiting on a reply to from them.
Old 10-21-18, 05:40 PM
Kelevra
Driver

Most of these units are coming up to standards for the GX. I would assume, it is built for your year, Amp, and System. Mine was checked out for my GX. They even asked for photos of our dash and cd changer. I would also assume, the Can Bus for the ML sound and the AC are tailored to your car.

I think there is a marine amp that can be adapted to the ML sound system. I want to say a Kenwood Marine Amp 5.1.

Last edited by Kelevra; 11-04-18 at 08:11 AM.
Old 10-30-18, 07:01 PM
coolie569
Driver School Candidate

I thought my amp was bad but it turns out it was my stock head unit. Can I go straight to the Phoenix radio?
Old 11-05-18, 07:49 AM
Yaahms
Driver School Candidate

Old

New
AC controls work.... kinda. I can turn it on/ off, adjust temp, change area that it blows in (feet, defrost, face etc.) but I don't see a way to adjust fan speed other than by adjusting the temp hotter or colder and I do not see a way to specifically turn "AC" on or off. It'll work, but does not have the precision that I expected from an $800 replacement solution.

The good news is that it does have audio and camera in and out so I can move on with replacing the factory stereo components with better aftermarket stuff.
Old 11-05-18, 08:06 AM
BeEvil
Driver

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Old

New
AC controls work.... kinda. I can turn it on/ off, adjust temp, change area that it blows in (feet, defrost, face etc.) but I don't see a way to adjust fan speed other than by adjusting the temp hotter or colder and I do not see a way to specifically turn "AC" on or off. It'll work, but does not have the precision that I expected from an $800 replacement solution.

The good news is that it does have audio and camera in and out so I can move on with replacing the factory stereo components with better aftermarket stuff.

@Yaahms - See those 2 fan icons right below the 2 defrost icons at the very bottom of the screen? One is a little fan and the second is a bigger fan. That's where you adjust fan speed. You can also turn the AC on or off by touching the AC icon between the "Dual" and "Auto" icons.

Congrats!! you are going to love this system.

BeEvil

Last edited by BeEvil; 11-05-18 at 08:28 AM.
Yaahms (11-05-18)

Quick Reply: GX470 w/Nav Solution for Aftermarket Stereo?