GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Program Chipped Key for Immobolizer Solution

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-16, 03:41 PM
ljerryd
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

SUCCESS! Had to try a few more times, and it seemed to take the setting when I held both buttons for longer than 1.5 seconds. FYI: I was chastened via ebay messenger from 1010keys for listening to my "Friends" and not following their instructions. It was their 5 key switch turns that erased my original key in the first place! I told them they better not bite the hand that feeds them as many CL users have referred them. I was just about to order the immobilizer programmer from them, but I'll be buying my programmer elsewhere now that I had such rude technical support.
Old 12-22-16, 08:58 AM
gxman1
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The sales got to 1010keys head. They have become rude and write belligerent email full of crap and misinformation. But I put up with these guys and have been ordering for last several years. Their prices doubled if not tripled. You can buy a toyota key from another vender short blade on ebay for under $4 shipped, nice seller and its the same key. The problem is getting it cut. I also found last year many locksmith now carry a cutter that cuts inside the blade. They refer to high security key cut, laser cut. Its not laser cut, its basically a bit milling the center. This high price much as $30 to cut is ridiculous. I found a locksmith truck in Home Depot parking lot as he exited I asked him about this laser thing. He cut it on the spot for $8 in less than 2 min, he was there for shopping.

Originally Posted by ljerryd
SUCCESS! Had to try a few more times, and it seemed to take the setting when I held both buttons for longer than 1.5 seconds. FYI: I was chastened via ebay messenger from 1010keys for listening to my "Friends" and not following their instructions. It was their 5 key switch turns that erased my original key in the first place! I told them they better not bite the hand that feeds them as many CL users have referred them. I was just about to order the immobilizer programmer from them, but I'll be buying my programmer elsewhere now that I had such rude technical support.
The following 2 users liked this post by gxman1:
DogMom85 (08-11-22), ljerryd (12-22-16)
Old 12-23-16, 06:37 PM
ljerryd
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Looking at all those smart key programmers from China on eBay. Any sellers that are recommended? Lots are getting near 99% approval, but they sell a wide variety of stuff, so those ratings are only marginally helpful. Or are all these programmers coming from one manufacturer and so exactly the same?
Old 12-24-16, 09:52 AM
LoneHiker
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ljerryd
Looking at all those smart key programmers from China on eBay. Any sellers that are recommended? Lots are getting near 99% approval, but they sell a wide variety of stuff, so those ratings are only marginally helpful. Or are all these programmers coming from one manufacturer and so exactly the same?
I got mine from Amazon. This one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DJ2...mart+key+maker
Old 08-11-22, 08:17 PM
DogMom85
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gxman1
The sales got to 1010keys head. They have become rude and write belligerent email full of crap and misinformation. But I put up with these guys and have been ordering for last several years. Their prices doubled if not tripled. You can buy a toyota key from another vender short blade on ebay for under $4 shipped, nice seller and its the same key. The problem is getting it cut. I also found last year many locksmith now carry a cutter that cuts inside the blade. They refer to high security key cut, laser cut. Its not laser cut, its basically a bit milling the center. This high price much as $30 to cut is ridiculous. I found a locksmith truck in Home Depot parking lot as he exited I asked him about this laser thing. He cut it on the spot for $8 in less than 2 min, he was there for shopping.
He has not changed it sounds like. I'm having issues with a cut key that I tried to program and he has tried to make note of mistakes I've made when I messaged him about my dilemma (one being looking at forums for advice)... I just don't want to drop $50 on the locksmith to "try" and program the key, or go to the Lexus stealership. ...