GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

GX 470 with ZERO Registration/Service History!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-16, 02:13 PM
mstrsltr
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Coulter
Hey genius, what people were saying is usually service shops don't upload this to CarFax because they have no incentive to do so. How hard is that to understand?

If you know all of this, why are you coming here in panic that it doesn't have service records? You obviously have no idea or you wouldn't be asking.

Most places don't upload this information to CarFax. Some dealerships do.

Which theory makes more sense? That CarFax doesn't have all the service records is because the car has NEVER has never been serviced (not even an oil change) and/or shipped to the other side of the world? Or that not every service place uploads maintenance info to CarFax?

I really do wish the forum would start filtering the "should I buy this car?" type questions.
Ok, let's try this again, one more time.... slooooooooooowly so that you can follow.

What I'm trying to get across is that most (i.e. majority, highest, largest, greater) Carfax's, do in fact (syn: truth, known, exists) include service histories.

We should do a little challenge and see which one of us can post more of each one; carfax's without any service history reported, or those with.

This never was a "should I buy this car" thread, it was more like a "how the hell has a car existed in this day and age for 9 years without ever showing up on the radar" kind of post.

So it is indeed apparent you've got some issues with comprehension. Which is fine.

Car dealers need people like you, otherwise there wouldn't be anyone to dupe.
Old 11-21-16, 02:23 PM
Coulter
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by mstrsltr
Ok, let's try this again, one more time.... slooooooooooowly so that you can follow.

What I'm trying to get across is that most (i.e. majority, highest, largest, greater) Carfax's, do in fact (syn: truth, known, exists) include service histories.

We should do a little challenge and see which one of us can post more of each one; carfax's without any service history reported, or those with.

This never was a "should I buy this car" thread, it was more like a "how the hell has a car existed in this day and age for 9 years without ever showing up on the radar" kind of post.

So it is indeed apparent you've got some issues with comprehension. Which is fine.

Car dealers need people like you, otherwise there wouldn't be anyone to dupe.

I guess you're just arguing with yourself now and making up points that no one else said?

Good thing the dealership didn't pull one over on you and sell you the car that came from Antarctica that never had its oil changed. After all, it's not on CarFax, so what other explanation could there be?
Old 11-21-16, 03:16 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,278 Likes on 1,385 Posts

Thread closed and done. Please don't carry this forward into future threads