GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

DVD Override and Pictures!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-06, 08:13 PM
carlosnitr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Gx470

Does anyone have pictures for the 2006 GX 470, It seems that the instructions are very different fir 2006 and Im hesitating to cut anythig without a picture or detailed info specific for my vehicle

CARLOS
Old 05-17-06, 11:47 AM
carlosnitr
Driver School Candidate

Default 2006 Gx 470

It Works great on the 2006 !!!! The wires are just in a diferent location. They are on the plug closest to the passenger. I did this Bypass and the phone dialer is also operational while moving (dvd too) , JUST LOOK FOR THE PURPLE WITH RED STRIPE, AND LIGHT GREEN.....

THANKS GUYS
Old 05-28-06, 08:01 PM
JBMONEY
Driver School Candidate

Ever since I did this my navi is all over the place! I was near the beach the other day and the navi had me swimming out in the middle of the ocean! So, I did a re-calibration in the menu setup, and got it back to where it should be just to have it lose th eexact location again! It's off by a street or so, and completely going the wrong way. Then, other times it's fine. Is anyone else experiencing this? It's pretty frustrating.
Old 04-18-07, 03:15 PM
jamessinh
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Will this work on an 07 GX??
Old 04-20-07, 06:06 PM
tyoung88
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone know of a shop in Souther California that can implement a bypass with switch for a 2005 GX470 w/RSES?
Old 04-20-07, 11:34 PM
jamessinh
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Just want to confirm, the directions works fine on a 2007 GX470. Thanks a bunch
Old 05-02-07, 10:21 PM
tubbyg35
Driver School Candidate

Default question

what if i dont have the factory rear dvd player? what else do i need to have a dvd move play on a sepearte dvd player what do i need then?
Old 05-10-07, 06:27 PM
Ace E.
Driver School Candidate

I just plugged the Ultimate Lockpick 3+ into my 2007 and it ROCKS! No problems with installation and performs just as described. Customer service at Coastaletech was great and shipping was fast. I recommend this to anyone who wants these options on their nav unit!
Old 05-11-07, 08:15 AM
airdog
Driver School Candidate

Does your 2007 GX have the rear DVD/Entertainment system?
Old 05-11-07, 08:46 AM
Ace E.
Driver School Candidate

No. I don't have the RSES or any factory DVD player. I have the the Levinson sound system with CD Changer and AUX input for iPod. I "hung" the lockpick aux RCA cables under the glove box where I can pull them out and plug in a laptop or portable dvd player to play dvd's. I need to try out a video iPod and see if that will work plugged into the factory AUX input, now that I have the lockpick installed. I don't know if the lockpick will recognize that as a video input since it's not plugged into their harness. We'll see.
Old 05-12-07, 06:44 PM
Chris98vob
Driver School Candidate

I also have a 2007 with Mark Levinson sound system with the CD/DVD changer in the glove box. Coastaletech told me it wouldn't work with my car because of the changer. Is that what you have? Did they tell you it would work or did you just take a chance and it worked?

Chris
Old 05-13-07, 01:36 PM
Ace E.
Driver School Candidate

That's the same set up that I have. I emailed them with what I have and they said as long as the changer did not play dvd's, I would be ok. I haven't tried a cd yet, but I will here shortly. I haven't had any problems with the Nav, radio, bluetooth, or any other function within the radio or nav unit.
Old 05-13-07, 06:00 PM
Chris98vob
Driver School Candidate

Sorry to keep probing but were they saying don't play a DVD in the system, or if it is capable then it would not work? I don't play dvds because it only functions at a stop with the parking brake engaged a little. I only play CDs for that reason but I want the features of the lockpick. Is yours in the glove box? If like mine, it will play DVDs and CDs. Does yours play DVDs?

Chris

Last edited by Chris98vob; 05-13-07 at 06:17 PM.
Old 05-13-07, 08:20 PM
troymm
Driver School Candidate

I just did the DVD override while installing my Vais SLI. For a 2006 the wires are on the harness closes to the passengers side. The green wire with brown dots need to be grounded, and the purple wire with red stripe need to be spliced. I covered the splice ends with liquid electrical tape. Took me less than 1 hour for the DVD override and installing the SLI. Thanks for all the great info everyone.
Attached Thumbnails DVD Override and Pictures!-harness.jpg  
Old 05-14-07, 08:01 AM
Ace E.
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Chris98vob
Sorry to keep probing but were they saying don't play a DVD in the system, or if it is capable then it would not work? I don't play dvds because it only functions at a stop with the parking brake engaged a little. I only play CDs for that reason but I want the features of the lockpick. Is yours in the glove box? If like mine, it will play DVDs and CDs. Does yours play DVDs?

Chris
My changer in the glove box is a CD changer. To my knowledge, mine does not play DVD's, only CD's. The DVD function of the lockpick is only usable when you plug an external DVD player into the connecting RCA and video cable. The external cables connect to a harness (part of the lockpick system) that plugs into the back of the screen (in essence by-passing the factory safeguards against displaying video while driving). You could always try the system and if it doesn't work, return it. There were instructions included in the packaging for obtaining RMA number and sending the unit back. No worries on the probing, I understand your concerns (I had them too).

Quick Reply: DVD Override and Pictures!