GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

DVD Override and Pictures!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-04, 11:07 PM
senna
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speed sensor wire?

Hi Guys,

I'm adding Nav to my 2001 Land Cruiser and am needing the speed sensor wire. Does anyone have the wiring schematics so I know which wire is the correct one?

thanks,
BIll
Old 02-21-05, 12:41 AM
john5519
Driver School Candidate

My friend just had his dvd override done professionally to his 2005 LX 470. It wasn't the mod from the first page, as far as we know they didnt even go into the dash, it was all done from inside the engine compartment...

An added extra to everyones surprise was that you can now also make a regular phone call from the Bluetooth unit while in motion. Previously you can only do that with one touch dialing...

Last edited by john5519; 05-26-05 at 10:08 PM.
Old 02-21-05, 02:45 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you know if he did this with a temporary switch? He switches before he makes the call, makes the call and then switches back.

I have a similar switch (04 GX470 with no Bluetooth) for allowing me to input addresses into the navigation while driving. I am wondering if it is the same MOD and requires a switch, or can just be left this way all the time.

If he doesn;t have a switch have him confirm his navigation is working properly while driving and not just stationary in the same position
Old 02-21-05, 05:14 PM
lexusdr
Rookie

Default just finished! Awesome! Thanks guys!!!

Love it. I did the swith also.
Old 03-04-05, 11:58 AM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DVD override for 05' GX?

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this is a "redundant" post, but I noticed that this thread was started way back in 2003, will this "fix" work on the '05 as the new NAV is differenent than the '03 model and may have differently wiring color/harness?

Thanks in advance!

-Alex
Old 05-26-05, 09:14 PM
chicago
Driver School Candidate

john 5519.. any info on what your freind had done exactly.. did he do the mod suggested on the first apge of this thread. are the systems the same. i have als 430 2005 and wouuld like to do this mod.

thanks
Old 05-26-05, 10:05 PM
john5519
Driver School Candidate

No, it wasn't that mod from the first page, as far as we know they didnt even go into the dash, it was all done from inside the engine compartment.

The company is here in So Cal http://www.luxurymotorworks.com/index.php .. Give em a call...
Old 05-27-05, 10:43 AM
Tony
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Hey guys help me out

I want to do this mod but cannot figure out if you dont want to use a switch what does it do? Without a switch does the DVD player play all the time but you just have to access on the screen?

If you just cut the parking sensor wire and ground it where do you ground it to? Like I said before I can barely change car oil let alone install a HID kit and now this.
Old 05-28-05, 09:40 PM
Telstar
Driver School Candidate

Default Shop in LA Area That will do DVD Mod???

Does anyone in the forum know of a shop in the Los Angeles area that will do the DVD by-pass modification ? I am having trouble finding someone that knows how to do this. Thank you for your help.
Old 05-29-05, 12:10 AM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Audio Gallery

Originally Posted by Telstar

Does anyone in the forum know of a shop in the Los Angeles area that will do the DVD by-pass modification ? I am having trouble finding someone that knows how to do this. Thank you for your help.
Audio Gallery
(818) 345-1414

~ Cap
Old 07-15-05, 07:45 PM
locolife
Driver School Candidate

Default 2005 Gx 470

Just pulled apart my brand new 05 GX-470 and the DVD mod worked perfectly.

I also noticed a few other things...

1. Pulling the violet/red wire from the Nav system under the seat renders the system useless. It will show you sitting at your last position even if you are moving.

2.You can pull individual wires from the connectors. Built into the side of the connector itself is a wire retaining strip that can be released by unsnapping it an slightly sliding it outward. Then if you look into one of the empty wire guides from the front you will see a small tab that locks the wire in. I used a piece of safety wire to tilt it up an allow the wire to come out.

And finally a question for "Randy20g" (or anyone else that knows the answer).
On page three of this thread at the bottom he gave directions on how to access the diagnostic menus. I am able to access the menus but am unclear whether he was describing how to disable the speed sensor from those menus or simply see what its status is? I was able to locate a few status menus but none that gave me the ability to shut that feature off.

Thanks,
Locolife

Last edited by locolife; 07-15-05 at 09:40 PM.
Old 07-16-05, 07:54 PM
Randy20g
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can't disable the spped sensor from the diag menus. To do this you need to do the mod with the switch. As for the NAV standing still......that only happens for a minute or less. Eventually the system resorts to GPS data only and continues to function. Doing this, however, does throw a code. This code can be cleared thru the use of the diag menus.

Randy
Old 08-19-05, 05:16 AM
bill_und
Driver School Candidate

Default Where is the camera wire?

Hey All,

Great Mod !!!!!! Wondering if anyone can help me with a mod I am working on. I am attempting to put a switch in to allow me to view the backup camera while I am moving forward. You can only see how close you are to things while the vehicle is in reverse. The key is to place a switch in to trick the system so it thinks I just placed the vehicle in reverse. There must be some wires that attach to the back of the screen, but I am just not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated? I will post pics of my work as soon as I am ready to go.

Thanks everybody
Old 09-17-05, 10:34 PM
Telstar
Driver School Candidate

I called this referred shop and they quoted me $400 for a job that other posters are saying takes 1/2 to 1 hour.

Can any one recommend a technician in LA that can do this for a more reasonable fee then the Auto Gallery wants to charge me?
Old 09-20-05, 06:55 PM
jtbmoore
Driver School Candidate

This maybe a stupid questions but when you say you have to ground the wire what does this mean. I don't really want to do the switch. Does ground mean you just cut it.

Quick Reply: DVD Override and Pictures!