GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Where is native Bluetooth speaker for GX470

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-19, 04:30 PM
Cardiomon
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb Where is native Bluetooth speaker for GX470

Hi All,

My Mark Levinson amp has been blown since the day I bought my 2006 GX470 about a year ago; however, the Bluetooth speaker continues to work just fine. I don't know if the Bluetooth has it's own dedicated speaker or if it simply bypasses the amp for sound. The wiring diagram doesn't show a bypass as far as I can tell.

I've just recently installed a Phoenix Android Radio head unit (not recommended as yet) and I no longer have native Bluetooth access. The new Phoenix radio sends all sound signals to the amp but has an auxiliary out RCA jack on the back of the unit rated at 60watts. I would like to tie this into the native Bluetooth speaker until I can afford to fix the ML amplifier.

Does anyone know which speaker is used by the native Bluetooth on a GX?

Thanks,
Craig
Old 05-02-19, 04:39 AM
MrJason
Lead Lap

Received 222 Likes on 176 Posts

I’ve been trying to find info on this. Not a lot of info out there. I can get pics of the components but haven’t found the diagram for my 2005 with Nav and ML. But it appears to be an after thought on my model and was added to the system.

My my guess is your tape deck is bad. I’d also venture to say the tape deck is the trigger for the Bluetooth... since it seems to be the trigger/brain for most of the audio.

On a a side note... all the replacement radios I’ve scene use their own Bluetooth and will not allow for retained factory Bluetooth.

Ill post a few few pics from allData in a bit.
Old 05-07-19, 01:01 PM
Cardiomon
Driver School Candidate

Hey MrJ

Thanks for the reply.

My aftermarket head unit has BT connectivity but I would like to hard wire the native Bluetooth microphone and speaker into it. I just can't tell where those two items are.

You're probably right about the tape deck but mine is now removed to make way for the new head unit.
The following users liked this post:
MrJason (05-07-19)
Old 05-07-19, 05:19 PM
BHux78
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Not wanting to hijack your thread...

I read somewhere on here that the BT speaker is the 6x9 in the drivers door. Which I am probably wrong, I have only had my 04 GX for about a month. I know the nav speech directions come through those speakers.
How are you liking the infotainment system?? I have been thinking of pulling the trigger but just haven't gotten the nerve up yet.
Old 05-07-19, 08:27 PM
Cardiomon
Driver School Candidate

Hi BHux78,

My amp was gone about five minutes after I drove off the lot. The dealer had basically sprayed/steamed the carpet to clean it and got a lot of moisture in the amp. Even so, the Bluetooth would connect to the phone and I could hear sound so I know it was not on the same system with the rest of the audio which isn't saying that it didn't share one of the speakers... 'just don't know which one. Given what your suggesting, I may pull the door apart tomorrow and have a look.

As far as the infotainment system goes, I can't really recommend it. It's a classic made in China problem. It doesn't fit well as you may be able to tell by the margins. They did not design it to be bolted-in but instead, secured only by the plastic trim tabs and the surrounding trim. The menus and all of the operating system language is translated from Chinese so some of it doesn't make sense unless you know Android OS very well. It has two clocks on it for some reason and I've only recently figured out that the programmer in China doesn't understand the time zones in the US; therefore, I've only recently figured out how to make the clocks match. The temperature doesn't work but I can't get rid of the number so it's always 29 or 30 degrees and alternates between C and F. It's very difficult to see if there are any reflections on it. It took them two months to deliver the unit only to discover that the specs on the unit were incorrect. I'm not mentioning the name here because I don't want to be an advertisement for the garbage they sell.

I got the head unit because my original touch screen was out and I couldn't get the heat or A/C to work without it. Let's just say it was a rather uncomfortable winter here in the Northwest... I was desperate.

All the best
Old 05-07-19, 08:40 PM
MrJason
Lead Lap

From what I can tell on allData... the Bluetooth works like the nave. The speaker is the drivers door 6x9. It comes straight from the nav unit and bypasses the amp.
Thats why it sounds terrible.

ill post a pic showing where the mic is.
Old 05-07-19, 08:52 PM
MrJason
Lead Lap

Here is where the components are. The microphone is built into the sunglass holder. I should’ve know that since I ran my Bluetooth mic for my yatour bt media(replaces the cd changer) in to the same spot. Lol

Old 05-08-19, 03:42 PM
Cardiomon
Driver School Candidate

Ahhh, BRILIANT!

That's why I could never find it. I've been looking for a connection to the AMP but it's actually connected to the nav unit.

Thank you so much for taking the time to find this; it will help immensely. Now I just need to hunt for wires in the right area.
Old 05-08-19, 04:46 PM
BHux78
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

will you look at that...turns out I wasn't wrong. Bet that doesn't happen again. LOL
The following users liked this post:
MrJason (05-09-19)
Old 05-09-19, 11:58 AM
Cardiomon
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, that doesn't happen to me very often either... according to my wife.

Thanks again.
Old 05-09-19, 04:12 PM
MrJason
Lead Lap

No problem. I’ve got full access to allDatapro... so I can get pretty much anything that Lexus release about the vehicle.

Ill post the wiring diagram as ram as soon as I can. That will help you find the wires.
Old 05-09-19, 04:19 PM
MrJason
Lead Lap

Here is the Nav wiring diagram in color....

Old 05-09-19, 04:24 PM
MrJason
Lead Lap

Those are hard to zoom in on. Here’s a close up of where the mic wires go into the nav ecu...

Old 05-10-19, 02:54 PM
Cardiomon
Driver School Candidate

Again, MUCH appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time.

Craig
Old 05-10-19, 10:31 PM
MrJason
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Cardiomon