GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Another “Lift Kit” post.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-19, 02:43 PM
MrJason
Lead Lap

Received 222 Likes on 176 Posts
Default Another “Lift Kit” post.....

This one is just a simple question. I want to put a decent, yet minor, lift on my 2006 GX470.

What options are out there?? Can you post a link to the one you chose?

I already have a spring conversion and the rear shocks were replaced. This was done by the previous owner and it’s tge Dorman kit. It rides well enough and they left everything in tact if I want to go back to air springs and electronic shocks... so I can’t complain.

I would just just like to get a kit that levels the vehicle out, raises it an inch or so, and doesn’t break the bank.

So lets let’s see your kit and a link to where you got it.
Old 04-10-19, 04:08 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

My signature has the kit i used. I dig it and so far no complaints.
Old 04-10-19, 09:18 PM
MrJason
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vwynn
My signature has the kit i used. I dig it and so far no complaints.

As as you can see... I’m not seeing a “signature”, with link, on
your comment.
Maybe because I’m using safari on my Xs....

do do if you don’t mind.. can you attach the link.
Old 04-10-19, 10:04 PM
Rygar470
Lead Lap

Received 136 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by MrJason

As as you can see... I’m not seeing a “signature”, with link, on
your comment.
Maybe because I’m using safari on my Xs....

do do if you don’t mind.. can you attach the link.

Radflo 2.5 F/R + Resi / JBA UCA <--- That's what his Sig. consists of..

Last edited by Rygar470; 04-10-19 at 10:08 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rygar470:
MrJason (04-11-19), vwynn (04-11-19)
Old 04-11-19, 06:56 AM
IanB2
Pole Position

Received 525 Likes on 437 Posts

I recently installed a Dobinsons 1.5F/1R lift with their twintube shocks (in black) from Treaty Oak Offroad, Kyle Fogle there was very helpful in navigating the miriad of options available from Dobinsons. Ended up with a small rake (rear is 1" taller than front) like I wanted, and it rides like a dream! Very happy with the kit.

It's a small lift, like I wanted, and I believe they have even shorter springs to leave you closer to stock if you want, with the benefit of the increased springrate of the aftermarket springs. There's less squat/dive/bodyroll as a result, it drives better than stock IMO.
Old 04-11-19, 08:41 AM
MrJason
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IanB2
I recently installed a Dobinsons 1.5F/1R lift with their twintube shocks (in black) from Treaty Oak Offroad, Kyle Fogle there was very helpful in navigating the miriad of options available from Dobinsons. Ended up with a small rake (rear is 1" taller than front) like I wanted, and it rides like a dream! Very happy with the kit.

It's a small lift, like I wanted, and I believe they have even shorter springs to leave you closer to stock if you want, with the benefit of the increased springrate of the aftermarket springs. There's less squat/dive/bodyroll as a result, it drives better than stock IMO.
dobinsons seems a little on the high side.. price tag wise. Although I know you get what you pay for.. there are some exceptions to the rule(on both sides of the coin).

So so what did that kit run? And was it a complete kit in a box... nothing else was needed?
Old 04-11-19, 08:45 AM
MrJason
Lead Lap

Is this the kit you are referring too?
Old 04-11-19, 11:47 AM
IanB2
Pole Position

Yes, that's basically the kit I went with, with a few caveats:
-went with the 1.5F/1R springs as I didn't want 2+ inches of lift and did want it closer to level than stock, there's LOTS of spring options available
-went with the comfort valved rear shocks, and shocks in black finish, springs are teal as shown
-already converted to rear coils so I didn't require any additional parts
-ordered the fronts pre-assembled which includes new tophat assemblies, which proved to be a great idea as my tophats were rusted solid to the upper perches (air hammer to the rescue!)
The following users liked this post:
Rygar470 (04-11-19)
Old 04-11-19, 11:54 AM
Rygar470
Lead Lap

Received 136 Likes on 117 Posts
Thumbs up

-went with the 1.5F/1R springs as I didn't want 2+ inches of lift and did want it closer to level than stock, there's LOTS of spring options available
-went with the comfort valved rear shocks, and shocks in black finish, springs are teal as shown
-ordered the fronts pre-assembled which includes new tophat assemblies, which proved to be a great idea as my tophats were rusted solid to the upper perches (air hammer to the rescue!)

Really like the sound of your set-up. I may(In the future) end up going that route as well. The rear bags still work as intended, fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on how you view the situation.
Old 04-11-19, 08:03 PM
MrJason
Lead Lap

the setup you described would be perfect for me. I’ve alreadt got the rear spring conversion.

Can you post post a pic of the invoice... or at least the section with the parts you ordered?

also... what was the total cost for those items?

you can send me a pm if you’d prefer not to post the pic.
Old 04-12-19, 07:08 AM
StrmTrpLex
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

We have a few things for the gx over here at toyteclifts man! I can help you look into something if you like. I drive a gs350 now but I'm looking for the a gx for a offroad warrior!

Anthony N.
Old 04-12-19, 08:37 AM
MrJason
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by StrmTrpLex
We have a few things for the gx over here at toyteclifts man! I can help you look into something if you like. I drive a gs350 now but I'm looking for the a gx for a offroad warrior!

Anthony N.
I was looking through what you guys offer. I’m still trying to decide on what to get.

I need front strut assemblies(with about 1 & 1/2 “ lift) to level the vehicle out.
Mans rear shocks.
Old 04-12-19, 08:58 AM
StrmTrpLex
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I was looking through what you guys offer. I’m still trying to decide on what to get.

I need front strut assemblies(with about 1 & 1/2 “ lift) to level the vehicle out.
Mans rear shocks.
Are you just wanting a mild lift with no bumpers or anything in the future? I got a pretty good idea for what you are looking for. Shoot me an email at AnthonyN@toyteclifts.com
I would be happy to answer any questions for you and just help get you to the right spot brotha!
Old 04-12-19, 09:29 AM
IanB2
Pole Position

the setup you described would be perfect for me. I’ve alreadt got the rear spring conversion.

Can you post post a pic of the invoice... or at least the section with the parts you ordered?

also... what was the total cost for those items?

you can send me a pm if you’d prefer not to post the pic.
These are the parts I ordered: C59-300(1. 5” MD), GS59-221B, GS59-705B, C59-599, price was $810US plus $170 to have the fronts pre-assembled with new top hats, and $70 shipping. Kyle at Treaty Oak was great to deal with.
MrJason (04-12-19)
Old 04-12-19, 09:52 AM
MrJason
Lead Lap

These are the parts I ordered: C59-300(1. 5” MD), GS59-221B, GS59-705B, C59-599, price was $810US plus $170 to have the fronts pre-assembled with new top hats, and $70 shipping. Kyle at Treaty Oak was great to deal with.

thats a great price. I won’t need the pre-assembled fronts.. I work on cars for a living. So that’s perfect in price.

Thanks
IanB2 (04-12-19)

Quick Reply: Another “Lift Kit” post.....