GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

GX470 Rims & Tires - Lets upgrade!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-19, 08:13 PM
JRT3
Driver

Received 41 Likes on 23 Posts

Looks a million times better!
The following users liked this post:
tg9266 (03-16-21)
Old 12-28-19, 05:59 AM
DAKONA
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

CONGRAT!
Your rig look great. I just bought the boss some new shoes for her GX470 as well. Same shoes! And your right, these AT3w are
great tires. May have to add these to my Tundra, when my Toyo R/T wear out. But will be a long, long while before I need them.
However I elected to get some FN FX Pro wheels instead. Very similar to TRD Pros but 8" wide and Gunmetal Gray.

DAKONA

Old 12-28-19, 06:04 AM
Chickem
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DAKONA
CONGRAT!
Your rig look great. I just bought the boss some new shoes for her GX470 as well. Same shoes! And your right, these AT3w are
great tires. May have to add these to my Tundra, when my Toyo R/T wear out. But will be a long, long while before I need them.
However I elected to get some FN FX Pro wheels instead. Very similar to TRD Pros but 8" wide and Gunmetal Gray.

DAKONA

Nice! Looks awesome, did you stay 265/65/17 or bump up tk the 265/70/17?

Looks like those fill the wells nicely. A lot of people have mentioned using the 265/70/17 no problem but I had rub..

Ans for the AT3's yea they are super quiet for all terrain. We just took a road trip and it was great!
Old 12-28-19, 06:11 AM
DAKONA
Rookie

Originally Posted by Chickem
Nice! Looks awesome, did you stay 265/65/17 or bump up tk the 265/70/17?

Looks like those fill the wells nicely. A lot of people have mentioned using the 265/70/17 no problem but I had rub..

Ans for the AT3's yea they are super quiet for all terrain. We just took a road trip and it was great!

I read that I would NOT get any rub. Wrong. slight rub, I should of pulled in the inner fender plastic in like I did on my Tundra w/ 35". It was dark and I didn't feel like doing it. I had the tire guy just cut out a slice of the plastic instead. Can't tell unless you look into the wheel well.

I do like how they fill the wheel well out. Not going to do any lift mod. as I like how the stock suspension rides. Only have 70K miles on this Rig.

DAKONA
Old 12-28-19, 06:13 AM
DAKONA
Rookie

Sorry, forgot to mention. Yes I did go with 265.70.17' tires.

DAKONA
Old 12-28-19, 06:19 AM
Chickem
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I read that I would NOT get any rub. Wrong. slight rub, I should of pulled in the inner fender plastic in like I did on my Tundra w/ 35". It was dark and I didn't feel like doing it. I had the tire guy just cut out a slice of the plastic instead. Can't tell unless you look into the wheel well.

I do like how they fill the wheel well out. Not going to do any lift mod. as I like how the stock suspension rides. Only have 70K miles on this Rig.

DAKONA
Sorry, forgot to mention. Yes I did go with 265.70.17' tires.

DAKONA

Thats awesome to only have 70k. Looking to upgrade the lights and considering the center console if anyone has any advice or feedback.

Currently looking at the Phoenix PX6, getting mixed feedback on it. I'm in a cold climate and they take a minute to fire up. We're staying at a place we're rehabbing right now which means outside overnight thru this winter before I'm back in an attached garage.
Old 12-28-19, 06:27 AM
DAKONA
Rookie

Originally Posted by Chickem
Thats awesome to only have 70k. Looking to upgrade the lights and considering the center console if anyone has any advice or feedback.

Currently looking at the Phoenix PX6, getting mixed feedback on it. I'm in a cold climate and they take a minute to fire up. We're staying at a place we're rehabbing right now which means outside overnight thru this winter before I'm back in an attached garage.

I was very fortunate to get the GX470 in 2016 w/ only 56K miles. The owners I know very well. I put a bug in their ear 2 year prior that IF they ever wanted to sell I would buy it from them. Not to mention, I got the GX470 about $7000.00 below market value too! Oh Yeah, they were a very young 80ish year young couple!

As for your headlights, don't know much bout those. However, I did take some 3M rubbing compound and a high speed buffer to take the haze off my Tundra. Looked brand new.

DAKONA