GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Just got a 04 GX470

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-20, 02:05 PM
GaryAB
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Just got a 04 GX470

Im in Alberta and bought this gx last friday. A couple of minor problems like The Rear armrest cupholder is broken and master control panel cant control rear driver side window. Went to a lexus dealership and they charged 1000 bucks for a new control panel and 2926 bucks for a new cup holder lol

I think this car got hit on the left front corner but im not sure how severe the damage was, as it drives good rn I guess I will just ignore it.
The following 3 users liked this post by GaryAB:
B8bydesign (01-22-20), IanB2 (01-22-20), Lextazy (01-21-20)
Old 01-21-20, 02:19 PM
CLPDX
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats on your purchase. I have an 04 in the same exact color. I’m just curious what your miles and price paid were. Body looks in great shape too.
Old 01-21-20, 02:35 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Congrats I have same model year in Blizzard pearl

Are you saying that the control switches on the drivers door that controls windows door locks etc is what the changed for a $ 1000,00 I am sure the part is available on ebay for less then $ 75.00 and would take 15 min to swap out ,

Just so you know if the battery is ever disconnected you have to re-initialize the windows doing a simple procedure that is mentioned in the owners manual . I hope the dealership tried this first instead of just swamping a part .

\
Originally Posted by GaryAB

Im in Alberta and bought this gx last friday. A couple of minor problems like The Rear armrest cupholder is broken and master control panel cant control rear driver side window. Went to a lexus dealership and they charged 1000 bucks for a new control panel and 2926 bucks for a new cup holder lol

I think this car got hit on the left front corner but im not sure how severe the damage was, as it drives good rn I guess I will just ignore it.
Old 01-21-20, 03:41 PM
GaryAB
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CLPDX
Congrats on your purchase. I have an 04 in the same exact color. I’m just curious what your miles and price paid were. Body looks in great shape too.
Thanks ! I paid 13,000 CAD for this tax included (its a high price I guess) and its got 200,000 km on it.
Old 01-21-20, 03:49 PM
GaryAB
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mrblister
Congrats I have same model year in Blizzard pearl

Are you saying that the control switches on the drivers door that controls windows door locks etc is what the changed for a $ 1000,00 I am sure the part is available on ebay for less then $ 75.00 and would take 15 min to swap out ,

Just so you know if the battery is ever disconnected you have to re-initialize the windows doing a simple procedure that is mentioned in the owners manual . I hope the dealership tried this first instead of just swamping a part .

\
Thanks Blister! Yes its the control panel on drivers side that controls windows etc. I currently can control the driver's, front passenger's and rear right passenger's windows. Since most of time there would be no one sitting in the back that needs me to control his window, I guess I will just leave it. Its just a big surprise to me how expensive those parts are, even a cup holder would charge me almost 3 grand haha. Glad its such a reliable car so I wont have to spend much fixing it!
Old 01-21-20, 04:01 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GaryAB
Thanks Blister! Yes its the control panel on drivers side that controls windows etc. I currently can control the driver's, front passenger's and rear right passenger's windows. Since most of time there would be no one sitting in the back that needs me to control his window, I guess I will just leave it. Its just a big surprise to me how expensive those parts are, even a cup holder would charge me almost 3 grand haha. Glad its such a reliable car so I wont have to spend much fixing it!
I would strongly suggest you read the owners manual ref the re-initializing of the windows it’s very simple and that may be all you need to do

Does the window work from the rear seat control
Old 01-21-20, 04:07 PM
GaryAB
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for your advice! Yes the individual controls are all good.
Old 01-21-20, 04:23 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Then for sure you should try the re-initialize and also you could check the drivers window control to make sure the connector is all the way in
The following users liked this post:
IanB2 (01-22-20)
Old 01-21-20, 07:14 PM
GaryAB
Driver School Candidate

Then for sure you should try the re-initialize and also you could check the drivers window control to make sure the connector is all the way in
appreciated !
The following users liked this post:
B8bydesign (01-22-20)
Old 01-21-20, 11:55 PM
GaryAB
Driver School Candidate

It works thank you so much! I also reinitialize the moonroof so it can automatically open now! you saved me at least 1000 bucks MrBlister
The following 2 users liked this post by GaryAB:
B8bydesign (01-22-20), IanB2 (01-22-20)
Old 01-22-20, 01:16 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

am glad it worked . If I were you I would find another Lexus dealer going forward . The dealer you used looked like they were trying to flees you .
The following 2 users liked this post by mrblister:
B8bydesign (01-22-20), Margate330 (01-22-20)
Old 01-22-20, 06:29 AM
B8bydesign
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I'd check to see if you can just replace the cup holders without replacing the whole armrest first, could probably scoop a cup holder or even a full armrest off of car-part.com (or your local junk yard) for dirt cheap. If it's just stuck, try this:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...der-fixed.html

Worst case scenario, a brand new armrest from MyLParts.com for $1,448.37 (Part No. 72830-60230) vs the $2,926 the dealer was trying to charge you.
Old 01-22-20, 07:12 AM
deeken
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

am glad it worked . If I were you I would find another Lexus dealer going forward . The dealer you used looked like they were trying to flees you .
I agree. Before you step foot into any Stealership I would suggest that you search here first. They will rob you. Once you roll in your 15+ year old car into their service department their eyes light up with dollar signs. Try to find an independent shop that can do the work for you if you can't/won't do it yourself.
Old 01-22-20, 08:44 AM
IanB2
Pole Position

Received 524 Likes on 436 Posts

Congrats on the purchase! Another silver '04 owner in Canada here!

I hit a deer last fall, and argued with insurance about whether it could be repaired or would be a total loss, insurance valued my truck at about $14.5K CAN with 245K kms, so I'd say you got a decent deal on yours.

The 2nd row armrest could likely be found in a partout, there's the GXOR facebook group that would be the best place to find someone parting out a truck, you'll likely pay as much to ship as the part will cost going about it that way.

Welcome to the forum!
Old 01-22-20, 09:08 AM
atownt42
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Bad@$$
Congratulations!

Quick Reply: Just got a 04 GX470