GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Electrical Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-20, 09:54 AM
pbradeen
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Electrical Issue

Hello all,

I just got my 2004 GX470 a couple weeks ago and decided to put a new indash radio and backup cam in. I got the radio in and everything worked but once I tried hooking the backup camera I ran into some issues. When I went to test the backup camera I realized I had a bunch of lights on the dash. (Tire pressure, check engine, vsc off, vsc trac, ABS). Reverse lights dont work and cruise control doesn't work. When I shift into Reverse and Drive the indicators don't light up on the shift indicator but they work just fine.

-basically pulled out the stock head unit put in the new head unit ran speaker wires down to the amp. disconnected the amp and spliced into the speaker wires to bypass the amp entirely. The speakers work fine

-also hooked into one of the reverse lights for the backup camera to let the screen know to switch to that view. (Everything is unhooked at this point) and dash lights are still on.

-I realize it's a loaded question but I have been working on it for a week now and am scratching my head. Would any wires from the dash or amp cause these dash errors? One person

Thanks

Phil

I have checked the fuses and I didnt find any that were out

Old 08-27-20, 10:19 AM
IanB2
Pole Position

Received 525 Likes on 437 Posts

Sounds like this was a non-nav truck to start with? I believe reverse lights are ground switched, so make sure you tied into the right wire to trigger the backup cam, good chance you've got that backwards.

The dash lights is an interesting one...make sure your gas cap is tight, seriously. There's a good chance it's unrelated to your stereo install.