GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

DTC B1269 - No communication from theft deterrent ECU for more than 10 seconds

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-20, 07:17 AM
Rdecode
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOLVED DTC B1269 - No communication from theft deterrent ECU for more than 10 seconds

I have decided to open the new thread, since there is not too much information on this issue.
While checking the car with Techstream noticed the following DTC in body module:

DTC B1269 - No communication from theft deterrent ECU for more than 10 seconds

When the issue started is not clear, because it almost doesn't affect to the car operation. I suppose it started about 6-12 month ago.

Symptoms of malfunction:
- Alarm doesn't work;
- Theft deterrent ECU doesn't reacts on engine hood courtesy switch position or there is open harness from the hood switch connector to the ECU;

Car starts, doors locks/unlocks from remote key and door lock switch, but alarm doesn't activate, if you open the door from inside when car is locked/closed from the remote key.

What are checked so far:
- Fuses under the hood compartment: ECU-B (#29 /10 A) and ECU-B2 (#30 / 10A), all are OK;
- Mechanical part of the engine hood courtesy switch is ok, then I have disconnected the switch connector, shortened pins with theft system ON, i.e. to make ECU think the hood is opened, but system didn't react, no alarm, it completely ignores hood switch position, unlike doors when they are open and you activate theft protection from remote key it buzzes thus informing that door is opened.

I think the problem is open harness after the hood connector to ECU, or theft deterrent ECU (89730-60061) is damaged and has to be replaced.

You are welcome to share your experience with regard of this issue.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
05-1914.pdf (57.0 KB, 236 views)

Last edited by Rdecode; 02-28-21 at 05:00 AM.
Old 12-20-20, 04:03 PM
chiph9
Pole Position

Received 747 Likes on 611 Posts

No experience with this, but I would find the ECU (I think it's under the passenger side of the dash??) and make sure it's getting power, and that it's on the data bus.

Chip H.
Old 12-20-20, 10:24 PM
Rdecode
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by chiph9
No experience with this, but I would find the ECU (I think it's under the passenger side of the dash??) and make sure it's getting power, and that it's on the data bus.

Chip H.
No, it's in drivers side, under the instrument cluster

Old 12-21-20, 04:44 AM
Rdecode
Driver School Candidate

Default I give up

I give up... Tried to remove the theft deterrent ECU for checking of PCB - removed instrument cluster and realized that it is not possible to remove it without uninstalling the dashboard.

Also, there is no access from the top to the ECU connector to check voltages etc - ECU is installed in connector down position.
Despite there is a chance to unscrew it with frame, but no chance to screw it again - plastic pipe makes it impossible to access.
A little chance to access it from the bottom , but it is real "Kama Sutra" - my kidney stones doesn't allow me to do it...
Anyway as said above nothing special is happening with car - runs, unlocks, locks, just alarm doesn't work.

Old 02-28-21, 04:52 AM
Rdecode
Driver School Candidate

Solved - The wire harness was not connected to the theft deterrent ECU, this is the reason!!!
Local Toyota technicians forgot to connect it last year while disassembling dashboard and replacing A/C condenser.

NOW ALL WORKS FINE!

Bad news, I have already bought replacement ECU on eBay, since visually it was not possible to check whether harness is connected first time I have disassembled instrument cluster and I thought the ECU is damaged. Pity, now I have spare ECU.

Old 10-08-22, 06:21 AM
abdullaj
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also have the same code in my LS430 2005.
Can you please pit a photo where ecaxtly this ecu is.
code
Originally Posted by Rdecode
Solved - The wire harness was not connected to the theft deterrent ECU, this is the reason!!!
Local Toyota technicians forgot to connect it last year while disassembling dashboard and replacing A/C condenser.

NOW ALL WORKS FINE!

Bad news, I have already bought replacement ECU on eBay, since visually it was not possible to check whether harness is connected first time I have disassembled instrument cluster and I thought the ECU is damaged. Pity, now I have spare ECU.
Old 10-10-22, 06:07 AM
chiph9
Pole Position

Received 747 Likes on 611 Posts

The LS will likely have it in a different location than a GX, but it will likely be near the steering column so the wiring from the key sensor is shorter.
The service manual for the LS will show you the exact location.

Chip H.