GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

04 Gx Gvw

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-03, 07:37 PM
Skip
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Gx Gvw

Just got my 04 GX and the GVW is listed as 6000lbs. Just thought that I would let everyone know. Personally I could care less what it says. In California it does not matter. What you save with the feds, you give back to the state. I buy what I want anyway and if I can not afford it, I will buy something else. I almost forgot, I love this vehicle. I traded in my RX 330 for the GX because I wanted a trailer hitch. The GX is so quiet, I can't believe it. Skip
Old 09-18-03, 07:47 PM
maddy
Driver School Candidate

Default Re: 04 Gx Gvw

Originally posted by Skip
Just got my 04 GX and the GVW is listed as 6000lbs. Just thought that I would let everyone know. Personally I could care less what it says. In California it does not matter. What you save with the feds, you give back to the state. I buy what I want anyway and if I can not afford it, I will buy something else. I almost forgot, I love this vehicle. I traded in my RX 330 for the GX because I wanted a trailer hitch. The GX is so quiet, I can't believe it. Skip
Skip,

How long did you had your RX330? Did they give you a great deal on the trade in?

Mad
Old 09-18-03, 07:51 PM
Skip
Driver

I bought the GX in May and put 5200 trouble free miles on it. Crown Lexus in Ontario Ca. gave me a smoking deal on both cars. Skip
Old 09-18-03, 07:53 PM
maddy
Driver School Candidate

I bought the GX in May and put 5200 trouble free miles on it. Crown Lexus in Ontario Ca. gave me a smoking deal on both cars. Skip
Congratulation on getting a great deal. I am still waiting for my 04s. They will be able to allocate my car on Oct 1st or 2nd. I'll probably will have my GX470 sometime in November. :-(
Old 09-18-03, 08:01 PM
Skip
Driver

Default Maddy

You are really going to love this car. It IS very nice. Smooth and quiet. I was very surprised on how much quieter and refined the GX is over my RX. Not saying anything bad about the RX, just that the GX is way more car. I actually liked my RX very much. I hope that your car gets here soon so you can start enjoying it. Skip
Old 09-18-03, 08:05 PM
maddy
Driver School Candidate

Default Re: Maddy

You are really going to love this car. It IS very nice. Smooth and quiet. I was very surprised on how much quieter and refined the GX is over my RX. Not saying anything bad about the RX, just that the GX is way more car. I actually liked my RX very much. I hope that your car gets here soon so you can start enjoying it. Skip
I actually wanted the 04 RX330, but when my kids sat in a GX470 with the rear entertainment system, they only wanted the GX470. I have no choice to keep them happy, my wife happy and myself happy. :-)
Old 09-18-03, 08:19 PM
tetra7
Lead Lap

Any problems with the vibrations?
Old 09-18-03, 09:39 PM
Skip
Driver

I only have a bit less than 100 miles on the GX, but it is smooth as glass. Vibrations will show up worse in these cars since they are so smooth. Things that people would not notice in most cars are very noticeable in a Lexus because they are so quiet and smooth.
Maddy,
Remember, if the family is not happy, you will not be happy. Wow, I never thought that I would say that. I must be getting passive in my old age. Skip
Old 09-19-03, 05:16 AM
maddy
Driver School Candidate

I only have a bit less than 100 miles on the GX, but it is smooth as glass. Vibrations will show up worse in these cars since they are so smooth. Things that people would not notice in most cars are very noticeable in a Lexus because they are so quiet and smooth.
Maddy,
Remember, if the family is not happy, you will not be happy. Wow, I never thought that I would say that. I must be getting passive in my old age. Skip
LOL Skip, I can't wait till I get into my new GX470. We already have plans to go to Montreal to visit my aunts and uncles up there.
Old 09-20-03, 02:46 AM
Kash
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pardon me.. but does this include the weight of the stabalizer arm.. or you think they will increase the weight after the new revisions of 04's come out?
Old 09-20-03, 10:50 AM
kph3
Driver School Candidate

Default skip

Does your 04 have the backup camera and roll sensing curtain airbags?
Old 09-20-03, 10:57 AM
maddy
Driver School Candidate

Default Re: skip

Originally posted by kph3
Does your 04 have the backup camera and roll sensing curtain airbags?
Not the one that I am getting. They will have them after November, you'll probably start seeing them in December to January.
Old 09-20-03, 11:12 AM
Skip
Driver

The gvw is the total weight of the vehicle including cargo and people. It has nothing to do with the options on it. My GX does not have the backup camera (don't need it) and I could not tell about the airbags. I will send the wife out to turn it over and have her report back. Skip
Old 09-21-03, 11:49 AM
Kash
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The gvw is the total weight of the vehicle including cargo and people. It has nothing to do with the options on it. My GX does not have the backup camera (don't need it) and I could not tell about the airbags. I will send the wife out to turn it over and have her report back. Skip
:rofl: thats funny haha ohh well.. i want/ need the rear cam.. i allready backed up into a shopping cart
ohh well
Old 09-21-03, 12:39 PM
Skip
Driver

Default kash

I run a lumberyard and there is always something behind a car or a forklift (carts, lumber etc). I guess that I am used to checking for what should not be back there before I back up. I can't get over how much quieter the GX is over my RX330. I mean there really is a big difference. The RX had a lot of tire noise and the GX is quiet. I mean really quiet. Both are nice cars, just different. My wife looked at my post, just mumbled something, shook her head and left the room. She can never complain since she drives a GS430. Oh yeah, the seats are better in the GX also. Skip

Quick Reply: 04 Gx Gvw