GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

vehicle buy back

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-03, 07:06 PM
calvis
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the way you think. lol

Originally posted by JocDoc
Hey Calvis, ...The Touareg will replace the lost SUV and the 310 horses and 6 speed tiptronic will replace the sports car.

Ed
Old 10-02-03, 05:57 AM
tetra7
Lead Lap

Before diving head first into the VW, you may want to see what some of the owners have been saying about the vehicle. I was also in the same boat of choosing between the VW and the Lexus; however, after reading some of the nightmares some of these guys are going through, I'll pass for another 2 generations of refinement. To be fair, Lexus' launch has not be stellar either, but none of the quirks for a new model car has left anyone stranded (to my knowledge).
Old 10-02-03, 10:48 AM
calvis
Driver School Candidate

I hear you Tetra. I have been hanging out at vwvortex.com for quite some time now. I am still not totally convinced that VW is ready for primetime in the luxury market. Some of the VW dealerships that I ventured on were like used car dealerships. If I spend 50 grand on a vehicle I want to make sure that I am treated as such.

However, one thing that did impress me about the VW forums at vwvortex.com was the sense of community. They have a very active community which at times I wish the GX470 was just as active. But I just assume people are too busy working to pay off their toy, or that they are extremely satisfied so no comment or discussion needed.

Right now I am leaning towards the GX470 just because of it being more family oriented. However, the all the gizmos and toys that the VW on it has surely peaked my interest.

Originally posted by tetra7
Before diving head first into the VW, you may want to see what some of the owners have been saying about the vehicle. I was also in the same boat of choosing between the VW and the Lexus; however, after reading some of the nightmares some of these guys are going through, I'll pass for another 2 generations of refinement. To be fair, Lexus' launch has not be stellar either, but none of the quirks for a new model car has left anyone stranded (to my knowledge).
Old 10-02-03, 01:22 PM
Kash
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you dont need to have kids to enjoy rear entertainment .. i am a kid i dont have any kids and i used rear entertainment alot.. mostly when we went places .// after we got there i;d sit in the car and play xbox exp with the bult in inverter .. another thing i liked.. one thing about the tureg i didnt like was the nav CD"s i repeate CD's one good thing when we travled across america was no cd switching.. also the nav cd goes in the front.. where you play cd's and i dont like slot loading changers i rather perfer to stick it in the cartrages.. call me old school but i like cartrages better.. its alot better to load up another cratrage and pop it in rather then waiting for the changer.. just things i didnt like about the turag.. some stuff i did like were teh xeons, ride leveling, breaking, the steering while breaking.. imo smeeld a bit small.. and thats bout it sorry bout the spelling if you have problems reading it let me know writeing this while in western civilation 102.. class is soo boring i feel sorry for people in ehre well not really most of em are asleep