GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Anyone have experience with lexusus.com?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-03, 03:38 AM
jacksonian
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have experience with lexusus.com?

Has anyone completed a purchase via lexusus.com? They're offering the best price I've found even when you include shipping it from CA. Just a little skeptical about dealing with someone across the country.
Old 10-09-03, 12:52 PM
maddy
Driver School Candidate

That makes two of us, I was thinking of buying a GX470 from them also. I have talk to Darris a few times.
Old 10-09-03, 01:33 PM
jacksonian
Pole Position

I spoke with them again today. They say they had located the exact color/option/model combination I wanted within a few hours. I would still like to hear from someone who's actually completed this process. I guess since they don't actually handle any of your money and you end up dealing directly with the Lexus dealer for the transaction, there shouldn't be much to worry about. Of course, I guess the dealer could screw you.
Old 10-09-03, 01:44 PM
maddy
Driver School Candidate

That is not bad at all, is sound like you should be able to get the truck with no problem. I am actually waiting for a friend of mine who works for Lexus. I want to see if he can get me the GX470 for $500 over invoice price.
Old 10-09-03, 02:00 PM
jacksonian
Pole Position

$500 over invoice on a new '04 would be fabulous. Looks like I'm going to be about $3K over at the very best.
Old 10-15-03, 07:40 AM
jacksonian
Pole Position

Default Still waiting....

I still can't find a single person to say that they've actually completed a transaction through this company. Now they're advertising as Fleetrates.com and the website says they've merged and advertising Acura, Audi, BMW, Infiniti, Jaguar, Land Rover, Benz, Porsche, Volvo, etc...although Lexus are the only models showing up on the website.

I'm growing more skeptical since I can't find anyone who's used them. They sound very high pressure, hot-box type sales operation on the phone. Maybe I'm being too cynical, but I'd feel better with some more info. The guy on the phone said to check Edmunds. I see one post in the Lexus discussion hall there that mentions someone ordering through them, but no follow up responses. That's it.

They say that all they do is connect you with an authorized dealer who will handle everything from there and that the dealer pays them a finder's fee, that you don't actually send them any money. That sounds safe enough, but the dealers are in California. Who knows if they're decent or not. I'd hate to write a $51K check and then receive a car that's not what I ordered a couple of weeks later.
Old 10-15-03, 08:17 AM
jacksonian
Pole Position

Thumbs down Found my answer

Looks like I found my answer. Check this out:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums...T&f=15&t=3983&

Which has a link to this article:

http://myfloridalegal.com/newsrel.ns...F?OpenDocument

On the lexus owners club page there's a response from someone supposedly representing LexusUS.com saying they have nothing to do with this guy (Deris Ceresa). But the emails I received from LexusUs.com were from D. J. Ceresa. You'd think the guy would have been smart enough to use a fake name, right?

Last edited by jacksonian; 10-15-03 at 10:57 AM.
Old 10-15-03, 08:47 AM
maddy
Driver School Candidate

Default Re: Found my answer

Originally posted by jacksonian
Looks like I found my answer. Check this out:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums...T&f=15&t=3983&

Which has a link to this article:

http://myfloridalegal.com/newsrel.ns...F?OpenDocument

On the lexus owners club page there's a response from someone supposedly representing LexusUS.com saying they have nothing to do with this guy (Deris Ceresa). But the emails I received from D. J. Ceresa. You'd think the guy would have been smart enough to use a fake name, right?
That is what I figured, I asked him one time about how he can sell it so cheap and he told me don't worry about it. You may want to try www.carsdirect.com. I was able to get a quote from them with a fully loaded GX470 for about 50,300. That is very reasonable for a 04 GX470, I told the lady I am going to wait till the 04 with the backup camera before I buy one. I'm still hoping my friend will get back to me about getting the GX470 for $500 over invoice.
Old 10-15-03, 01:36 PM
maddy
Driver School Candidate

This is an email I got from them few days ago. It seems like they change the website and his name is Andrew Averett.

Great news! LexusUS.com has now partnered with FleetRates.com to offer an even larger selection of not only Lexus products, but also makes like Mercedes Benz, BMW, Jaguar, Acura, Infiniti, Exotics and more.
You get new added benefits with FleetRates.com :

A brand new Sell Your Trade section where we make it easy to sell your current vehicle, netting you thousands more then the trade allowances dealers are offering you for your valuable vehicle.
View our Certified Pre-Owned section, where independent dealers post there inventories, offering an unlimited supply of Low Mile FleetRates.com Priced vehicles. If you're looking for a Super Clean Pre-Owned vehicle at a Low Fleet Rate, this is it!
Rest assured knowing we will continue to offer the personalized professional treatment we are known for and will always treat our customers as guests in our own home. Feel free to view and/or post your experience in our Testimonials section, and please inform us on how we can not only earn your business but also how we may improve our services. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Andrew Averett,
Sales Manager
1-800-476-0161
www.LexusUS.com
sales@LexusUS.com
Old 10-15-03, 01:49 PM
jacksonian
Pole Position

I don't know. The email I got last week from them came from "D. J. Ceresa"
Old 10-15-03, 02:08 PM
maddy
Driver School Candidate

I don't know. The email I got last week from them came from "D. J. Ceresa"
I got this email couple of days ago.
Old 10-15-03, 06:16 PM
jacksonian
Pole Position

They may have changed the name and had someone else send an email, but I'm done dealing with them. Even if the guy in question is gone, what are the odds that his business partners are legit?
Old 10-15-03, 06:23 PM
maddy
Driver School Candidate

They may have changed the name and had someone else send an email, but I'm done dealing with them. Even if the guy in question is gone, what are the odds that his business partners are legit?
Ya, I doubt the business is legit.