GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

What is the bolt pattern?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-04, 03:49 PM
GSjason
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the bolt pattern?

Help
Old 11-09-04, 06:34 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Bolt pattern is not as important as the opening. Use the search function on this forum
Old 11-09-04, 09:56 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

From what I can tell: 6x139.7.

I think bolt pattern is pretty important since wheels with the wrong ones wont fit, or at least won't fit safely.
Old 11-10-04, 01:49 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Neo - Sorry if my post was mis-understood. I agree that the bolt pattern is important. Unfortunately, I don't have such information but do know that I have seen numerous threads on this question (and thus my direction to the original poster to use the search functions of this site). However, what I DID learn in those threads was that although the bolt pattern may well be a common one, the opening in the center of the hub is NOT standard on this truck. Therefore, others have found wheels with the correct bolt pattern, ordered them and then taken them to the shop to get them installed only to learn that they DO NOT fit this truck because the opening of these standard bolt pattern rims is too small. Yeilds fewer choices of rims...

Last edited by bunka; 11-10-04 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-10-04, 02:36 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by bunka
Neo - Sorry if my post was mis-understood. I agree that the bolt pattern is important. Unfortunately, I don't have such information but do know that I have seen numerous threads on this question (and thus my direction to the original poster to use the search functions of this site). However, what I DID learn in those threads was that although the bolt pattern may well be a common one, the opening in the center of the hub is NOT standard on this truck. Therefore, others have found wheels with the correct bolt pattern, ordered them and then taken them to the shop to get them installed only to learn that they DO NOT fit this truck because the opening of these standard bolt pattern rims is too small. Yeilds fewer choices of rims...
Ah, Gotcha. I don't have a GX so I did not realize that the hub bore is also different that other Lexus. Is that what you mean?
Old 11-10-04, 03:13 PM
GSjason
Driver

Default Hub size

Thanks for the info regarding the hubsize, equally as important.
Old 11-11-04, 06:21 AM
allisonb1013
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Hub size

Originally posted by GSjason
Thanks for the info regarding the hubsize, equally as important.

for anyone looking for wheels. the GX is the "standard" 6 lug size. same as every chevy and caddy truck out there...BUT...the center bore is 4.25" whereas the chevy's and escalades are all 3". when you search for wheels on-line most places can match wheels to your vehicle based on lug pattern and offset needs. most DO NOT, however, take into account the center bore. that is the cause of many problems. in my search for rims i found only one website (out of 50+) that actually posted a disclaimer about the center bore size.
Old 11-11-04, 07:31 PM
bunka
Lead Lap

Default Great contribution!

Allison - PERFECT response. EXACTLY the details I was referring to but did not know the exact details. Great contribution. If I could give rep points here, I would do so
Old 02-19-07, 07:17 PM
Ohmy05'
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by allisonb1013
for anyone looking for wheels. the GX is the "standard" 6 lug size. same as every chevy and caddy truck out there...BUT...the center bore is 4.25" whereas the chevy's and escalades are all 3". when you search for wheels on-line most places can match wheels to your vehicle based on lug pattern and offset needs. most DO NOT, however, take into account the center bore. that is the cause of many problems. in my search for rims i found only one website (out of 50+) that actually posted a disclaimer about the center bore size.

Do you still recall the name of the website?
Old 02-21-07, 08:03 AM
allisonb1013
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ohmy05'
[/B]

Do you still recall the name of the website?

I don't remember which one it was. Considering I was looking for wheels for this truck about 3 years ago I would HOPE the websites are more informed now than they were. I actually owe an email to another user on here with my list of wheel websites that I checked out. I can send it to you too if you'd like.
Old 02-21-07, 09:07 PM
Ohmy05'
Driver School Candidate

Your right abour how things have changed over the years. I spoke with a friend of mine at at local automotive shop today. He said rims and tires alike both fluctuate on price on a day to day bases sometimes. It can depend on overstock and any deals or just what a warehouse wants to move mroe quickly. But yes, post up those sites and i'll give them a good look, maybe even find some good deals.
thanks!