GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Platinum Extended Warranty, Discounted!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-07, 06:40 AM
sctazmon
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dsmiles1
Warranty Direct is saying that the Lexus extended warranty does not specificly stated that it covers wear and tear thus making this subjective to the dealer or the underwriter. They gave a better price than Troy and stated that wear and tear coverage is clearly noted in their warranty. Has anyone had issues with this company or with Lexus having issues with this company.

dsmiles
This is what is covered:

http://www.lexus.com/models/GX/warra...rotection.html
Old 01-04-07, 10:35 AM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sctazmon
However, the price at the bottom of site, is not what Troy charges.

~ Cap
Old 01-05-07, 07:42 AM
KaP LS430
Driver School Candidate

From personal experience, I would NEVER buy a warranty not backed by the vehicle manufacturer. They may be cheaper, but when push come to shove, you have a much higher likelihood of getting the short end of the deal.

I was pretty impressed with the price Troy gave me, it was $700 off of the MSRP. Heck, my local Lexus dealer didn't even have the courtesy to return my call about the warranty even though he wanted to charge me full MSRP, Troy got it done over the phone with a few faxes, and no hassles.

After the Nav system had some sort of a meltdown at just over 50k miles, the warranty already paid for itself... twice.
Old 01-05-07, 07:54 AM
sctazmon
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by KaP LS430
From personal experience, I would NEVER buy a warranty not backed by the vehicle manufacturer. They may be cheaper, but when push come to shove, you have a much higher likelihood of getting the short end of the deal.

I was pretty impressed with the price Troy gave me, it was $700 off of the MSRP. Heck, my local Lexus dealer didn't even have the courtesy to return my call about the warranty even though he wanted to charge me full MSRP, Troy got it done over the phone with a few faxes, and no hassles.

After the Nav system had some sort of a meltdown at just over 50k miles, the warranty already paid for itself... twice.
I agree with that assessment!
Old 01-07-07, 09:30 PM
Dr.EinTN
Pole Position

I agree with that assessment!
I agree as well (or should I say 2nd that opinion?)

Last edited by Dr.EinTN; 01-07-07 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-08-07, 07:48 PM
Capirato
Racer

Originally Posted by KaP LS430

I scanned a current Dealer Work Order and a Copy of the GXs Registration and e-mailed to Troy. Today he called me and I gave him my VISA #.

Warranty won't go into effect for another 6,000 miles, but at least I have the price locked in.

I hate to pay those high prices for repairs, but with a warranty, I feel that I am getting the work done for free. Silly, I know.....

~ Cap
Old 01-10-07, 02:50 PM
Francesca
Driver School Candidate

Smile 7yr/100k Platinum Warranty for 2004 RX330 WAY below MSRP

My dealership in Colorado quoted me almost 2400 for the Platinum 7yr/100k mile warranty for my 2004 RX330. I called Jeff at Lexus of Huntsville (202-824-8050), and he offered the same thing for $600 less! He's fedexing me the forms to fill out and we'll do the whole thing by mail! He answered the phone on my first call, too, so I didn't have to wait for a call back. I'm super happy with Jeff with and recommend him highly!
Old 01-10-07, 03:53 PM
Capirato
Racer

Originally Posted by Francesca

My dealership in Colorado quoted me almost 2400 for the Platinum 7yr/100k mile warranty for my 2004 RX330. I called Jeff at Lexus of Huntsville (202-824-8050), and he offered the same thing for $600 less! He's fedexing me the forms to fill out and we'll do the whole thing by mail! He answered the phone on my first call, too, so I didn't have to wait for a call back. I'm super happy with Jeff with and recommend him highly!
Francesca.....

We want to make sure not to mix apples and oranges. This is the GX470 Forum, not the RX330.

~ Cap
Old 01-11-07, 06:09 AM
sctazmon
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Capirato
Francesca.....

We want to make sure not to mix apples and oranges. This is the GX470 Forum, not the RX330.

~ Cap
Good point. The GX warranty (7yr/100k, 0 deduct.) retails for $2,900, and Troy (Factory Discount Warranty) offers it for $2080 - that's $820 below retail.

I'd be curious to know Jeff's (Huntsville) price for the GX, not RX- anyone know?
Old 01-11-07, 06:58 AM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

i would call and ask him

Last edited by jjbodean; 01-11-07 at 07:02 AM.
Old 01-11-07, 02:12 PM
Dr.EinTN
Pole Position

Good point. The GX warranty (7yr/100k, 0 deduct.) retails for $2,900, and Troy (Factory Discount Warranty) offers it for $2080 - that's $820 below retail.

I'd be curious to know Jeff's (Huntsville) price for the GX, not RX- anyone know?
You're not going to believe this, but I just purchased that exact warranty from Jeff in Huntsville today for $2040. I live close enough that I could drive down in person but that is not required as far as I know. He was professional and personable. He sat down and talked with me and answered all of my questions. I am completely satisfied with my experience and would rec. him over anyone if you want a 7 year / 100,000 mile Platinum extended warranty from Lexus. I did extensive research on this and found no better deal for my 2006 Lexus GX 470 currently with just over 10,000 miles on it. Let me know if anyone needs to know any other info on my experience, and I will be glad to help you!
Old 01-11-07, 03:26 PM
Capirato
Racer

Smile

Originally Posted by Dr.EinTN

Let me know if anyone needs to know any other info on my experience, and I will be glad to help you!
Hi Doc.....

I do have one question. Why would anybody purchase a warranty for an automobile with only 10,000 miles on it ?? I'm just curious.

You can purchase the same warranty as long as your are under the 4 yr / 50,000 mile limit, which in my case, was 3 years and 46,000 miles after purchase.

Knowing you, you will probably upgrade to a newer GX before your Original Warranty expires.

~ Cap
Old 01-11-07, 04:18 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

I think the more time and more miles on your car, the more the extended warrenty will cost. Toyota use your money to earn interest from day 1.
Old 01-11-07, 04:54 PM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by The G Man
I think the more time and more miles on your car, the more the extended warrenty will cost.
nope, as long as youre under the 4 year / 50,000 mile bumper to bumper the price is the same
Old 01-11-07, 05:08 PM
Dr.EinTN
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Capirato
Hi Doc.....

I do have one question. Why would anybody purchase a warranty for an automobile with only 10,000 miles on it ?? I'm just curious.

You can purchase the same warranty as long as your are under the 4 yr / 50,000 mile limit, which in my case, was 3 years and 46,000 miles after purchase.

Knowing you, you will probably upgrade to a newer GX before your Original Warranty expires.

~ Cap
Good question. I did it because I had the money right now to do so but wasn't sure if I would later since I'm building a new house which is supposed to be ready by July 1. It was on my checklist of things to do. Since I put about 20,000 miles per year on my vehicles, I thought it would be wise to go ahead and get one based on mileage, not time. I did promise my wife that I wouldn't trade for awhile. We'll see!! I also believe that I read that Lexus might reimburse for the remainder of the prorated amount should you sell the vehicle, but this may not be true. Maybe jjbodean might know how it works exactly should you trade in or sell your vehicle prior to the extended warranty being expired? Does the extended warranty go with the car or is the original owner reimbursed the remainder of the warrantly fee (which for me was $2040.) I appreciate anyone's thoughts.

Quick Reply: Platinum Extended Warranty, Discounted!