GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Possible RSES Option

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-05, 04:34 AM
4everlexus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible RSES Option

Saw this and thought it might be good for those that want aftermarket? Not much data out on it yet but, wanted to share:

http://www.roadwire.com/promo

Not so sure about the FM modulator...anyone have any thoughts?
Old 02-26-05, 04:14 PM
yaro1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Check out mine!

Like that? Check this out!

Originally Posted by From my review of the GX posted here and on epinions.com
My backseat is one of the most desired places to be. To understand what I mean, go to : http://www.yaro1.com/home/gx470.html What you are now looking at is a picture of my very nice headrest monitors. Before I purchased the car, I intended on this setup so I opted to not get the Lexus DVD player. First off, even without the Lexus system or my system, the car has a Rear Seat Audio System (RSAS) which is wonderful. What that provides is a separate audio system for the rear passengers via remote control and a headliner-mounted LCD screen which displays the source (FM, AM, Tape, CD) and receives the IR signal from the remote and broadcasts audio for wireless headphones. Even without the wireless headphones, there are two headphone jacks and separate volume controls on the center console in the backseat right below the rear seat air-conditioning controls(yes, as if my backseat passengers aren’t pampered enough, in hot weather they can activate a fully independent automatic climate control system which uses 4 ceiling-mounted vents to disperse fresh cool air throughout the monstrous cabin to ensure every passenger is content). The advantages of my after-market system are awesome. First, there is no need to "crane" your neck up to look at a small screen. Instead, you look straight forward as you naturally would to a screen perfectly at your head-height. Each outboard passenger has their own monitor capable of watching different sources on each monitor. The left passenger can watch a DVD while the right passenger can play the PS2. The next modification that came as a result of this is configuring the car to play the audio thought the miraculous ML system without sacrificing quality thought FM modulation. The solution is in a Colorado-based company called Vais-tech: http://www.vaistech.com That company offers products that integrate seamlessly into the factory navigation screen and ML system such that I can view whatever is on the rear screens on the Navigation screen while listening to the audio through the ML at full-DVD quality. On top of that, they are offering a system that integrates Sirius (or XM) satellite radio into the package that is completely controlled by the navigation screen such that no extra display device is needed: all channel selection uses the navigation buttons and the Lexus system recognizes it as just another CD player. Using a certain mode also, the navigation will display channel number, artist, track name, and other info right on the same navigation screen. My next modification will be satellite TV, however that will be very expensive. However, as you can see, there are many options for making your Lexus very fine indeed.
The full review is here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...adrest+monitor

I just thought I would share since I am so proud of my setup . It really works great!
Old 09-07-07, 05:53 PM
dochua2k
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yaro1,
How come you can get the video in NAV screen? My car is 2003 with NAV & ML system. I recently installed the flipdown DVD w/ build in DVD player. I tried to hook up it into the NAV screen but I can't.
Please let me know how to do it in your car.
Thanks,