GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

NAV Welcome Screen

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-05, 12:31 PM
Tin Star
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my conversation with coastaletech they said the first model was not compatible with the GX unit but the next version that is in production now, will be. It should be ready soon and is the same plug and play. I'll talk to them in a couple of weeks and provide an update.

My GX stays at my place in FL so I'll just run it down to them as soon as it is ready and report back to the board.

Last edited by Tin Star; 04-30-05 at 12:36 PM.
Old 04-30-05, 10:11 PM
loflin
Pole Position

Tin Star, that would be great (to let us know). Tell Costal Dave to be ready, if this works, is that easy to install and for $75, he will be shipping tons of them!
Old 05-02-05, 07:09 PM
GS450h FTL
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Me Too!

I will be ordering one as soon as I hear they are available.......
Old 05-12-05, 03:56 PM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Default They're taking orders...!!!

Hi Folks!

Just got in contact with Kelly over at Coastaletech regarding the "NAV" enhancement kits and the unit works with the GX470!!! $75.00 no cutting/splicing of wires!!! They're taking orders now and should be shipping shortly!!! We can FINALLY use the NAV without having

http://www.coastaletech.com/nav_kit.htm

Please feel free to contact coastetech via email if you should have any questions/concerns!

Enjoy!!!
Old 05-12-05, 09:52 PM
loflin
Pole Position

Lonewolf69, I did just that, sent a note to Costal Dave over a week ago. I got nada back.

The web site still only refers to Prius for this kit. Are you absolutely sure?

TinStar on 4/19 posted (above) that he talked on the phone with them and that the current kit would NOT work.

Have they already designed and built a new one?

Lonewolf69, let us know as soon as you install it, thx.

TinStar, do you have any update.
Old 05-13-05, 10:03 AM
lyxxsx1
Driver

Does anyone know Coastaltech's phone number? I, too, are looking forward the kit. But I want to be 100% sure that it would work for my 2003 GX.

Thannks in adance!
Old 05-13-05, 11:09 AM
ADVocate
Pole Position

Exclamation They are working on it .. Delivery will be in near future .. no ETA

Originally Posted by lyxxsx1
Does anyone know Coastaltech's phone number? I, too, are looking forward the kit. But I want to be 100% sure that it would work for my 2003 GX.

Thannks in adance!

Their phone number is listed at their site. It is an 800 number. I spoke with a woman at CoastTech. And they do understand that there is a Huge interest from all of us to have this work with the Lexus vehicles. She did say it would be best if eveyone just emailed the support department if they have in interest in this product, and a notification will go out WHEN the product is available. She was hesitant to give an ETA, but did say it would be in the near future. Their support group does not typically respond to the emails, so don't expect a response. But, she did reiterate many times, an email will suffice and you will be notified when it becomse available. They are working on it.
Old 05-13-05, 08:10 PM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Hi Guys,

I called and spoke with Kelly regarding this issue and ahe assured me it would work for our GX470... I'm willing to shell out $75.00 to "test" this out.!!!
Old 05-13-05, 09:20 PM
Tin Star
Rookie

Originally Posted by loflin
Lonewolf69,

TinStar, do you have any update.

I'm still waiting like everyone else. I am back in FL and thought we would have an answer by now.
As far as mailing any questions directly to Dave I think the business has grown so much that he no longer has the time to respond and it is left up to his wife and the staff. I will certainly get back on the board with an update as soon as I hear from them and get one and install it. I don't have an eta on the arriving shipment but I'm think the time is getting near. I'm as anxious as everyone else.
Old 05-13-05, 10:06 PM
Donger
Driver

All I am seeing is the one for a Prius - is that the same one that is suppose to work on the GX?
Old 05-16-05, 10:43 PM
bliksem
Driver School Candidate

This sounds great!! Lets see how it works. WHo has ordered already?
Old 05-19-05, 08:51 PM
luckylex
Rookie

The periodic posts on this topic always crack me up. I just don't see what the big deal is, or why so many people find it annoying. Is it anymore annoying than shifting into park, or changing the radio station? I have to laugh at my wife though. If we are going a short distance I won't even bother with it but she just HAS to hit that "I agree" button, that greeting screen just plain bothers her. And I thought I was superstitious!
Old 05-20-05, 06:52 AM
Quant
Driver School Candidate

Its not the "I Agree" button that is the issue. This device lets you enter destinations and addresses while moving.

Do you always want to pull off onto a shoulder whenever you change destinations?
Old 05-20-05, 07:45 AM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Blik,

I ordered one kit already... Will post here to let you all know how it works!

***************************************************************************************************
Lucky,

For me it was NEVER about the "I AGREE" button when the NAV starts, it's always about the ability lf the passenger to USE the NAV without having to STOP vehicle...

***************************************************************************************************
To All,

Got "flamed" in the other forum for trying to order a device that defeats a SAFETY measure while driving, before the FLAME starts here, this is NOT for the DRIVER's use, it is only meant to be used by the passenger only who is sitting in the front seat and can work the unit...
Old 05-20-05, 10:01 AM
john5519
Driver School Candidate

lonewolf, which one did you order, the one for the Prius? I just called and spoke to the lady and she said the one for the GX is still not available yet. She did not know when they will be shipping but did say that they are close to being ready.... but we've been hearing that for weeks now...

Quick Reply: NAV Welcome Screen