GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

NAV Welcome Screen

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-05, 11:45 PM
loflin
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lonewolf69
Blik,

To All,

Got "flamed" in the other forum for trying to order a device that defeats a SAFETY measure while driving, before the FLAME starts here, this is NOT for the DRIVER's use, it is only meant to be used by the passenger only who is sitting in the front seat and can work the unit...
Lonewolf69, tell those flamers to ESAD. This "feature" of Lexus is there purely because of their lawyers.

I just bought another new car (MB), the warning comes on and then disappears after a few seconds.

BUT, more importantly, there is no restriction on inputing anything into the NAV (destinations, POIs, etc.).

So we are not trying to defeat a safety device (as other's have said, it can be more unsafe to pull off on the side of the road to enter destinations), we are trying to defeat a "lawyer" device.
Old 05-21-05, 08:23 AM
lyxxsx1
Driver

I have an 2004 Acura, and I can program my Navi on the move!!!! Come on Lexus!!!! Get with the program!
Old 05-23-05, 04:20 PM
Tony
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Any updates on the Prius version working for the GX

What happened to the guy that ordered and installed this device did he get the Prius unit to work with the GX Nav?

I am totally pissed off at Lexus for not letting us manipulate the Nav while driving. My wife hates the fact we have to stop on crowded roads and highways so she can enter destinations, to me this is more dangerous.

My Acura MDX without a doubt had the best Navigation system I have ever used. The guy that made that welcome screen and the fact that you have to stop to control the Nav should be shot.

Last edited by Tony; 05-23-05 at 04:26 PM.
Old 05-23-05, 05:28 PM
Tin Star
Rookie

Nobody has one installed yet as they haven't arrived from the production facility.
Old 05-24-05, 04:52 AM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Tony,

Sorry if I misled you (and/or others), I merely placed my order with them, unit should be available shortly, as per young lady at Coastaletech.com. Hence, my earlier post. As soon as the mod arrives, I'll try to hook it up and let you know.

Hopefully my "install" guide would be to the same calibur as your EXTREMELY detailed guide on the XenonDepot H11 guide!!!! If it wasn't for your guide, I would still be running Halogens now instead of Xenon!!!!

2nd confirmation post will be sent when I get email notification that the NAV mod has shipped from CoastalEtech to my house...

PS - For the record, my Acura TL also has the OK/Acknowledge screen when it first starts up, my beef has NEVER been about this, ONLY about ENTERING data while STOPPED, Tony is right it's much more dangerous try to pull over and stop to Navigate the NAV system...
Old 05-25-05, 10:56 AM
Tony
Lead Lap

Default Lonewolf glad to see your running HIDs

Glad to see that you put the xenons on they make a world of difference and makes the GX feel more like a luxury SUV.

I cant wait for this new mod when you get it, I emailed them to get one for my wife's '04 Sienna XLE limited it had the same NAV as our GXs.

Thanks for being the lab rat on this one and please post when you get it.
Old 05-25-05, 04:55 PM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Nav Bypass

Originally Posted by Tony

I am totally pissed off at Lexus for not letting us manipulate the Nav while driving. My wife hates the fact we have to stop on crowded roads and highways so she can enter destinations, to me this is more dangerous.
Tony.....

You will notice that some functions will change to dim when the truck reaches a few miles an hour. Thereafter, pressing those dimmed functions will not change anything, until you stop and the dimmed functions light up again.

Well, soon after I bought my GX, I had a toggle switch installed which makes the dimmed functions light up while moving. My wife can not do a full blown address entry on the Nav, but can do previous destinations and such.

I think I paid $150 or so for the modification. Same guy that did all my after market stuff.

~ Cap
Old 05-25-05, 06:29 PM
Knicksfan
Pole Position

Default Bluetooth too?

Any idea of whether this will allow bluetooth/phone functionality on the move? This restriction is NUTS!
Old 06-02-05, 06:20 AM
Kbach
Pole Position

Any news on this mod yet? I'm ready to order.....
Old 06-08-05, 03:28 PM
Tony
Lead Lap

Default Bump

Any word on this unit?
Old 06-09-05, 05:33 AM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Hi Tony,

Nothing yet, I just left them email and voicemail hoping for an updated ETA... I'll let you know as soon as they reply...
Old 06-09-05, 06:20 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,237 Likes on 1,356 Posts

lonewolf (and others), can you please pm me the email and contact info of the folks you're working with at coastal? I'd like to approach them about becoming a ClubLexus vendor and see if we can't set up group buys, etc.
Old 06-09-05, 11:55 AM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Hi Dave,

Here is the contact info:

http://www.coastaletech.com/
support@coastaletech.com
800 507-2234
Ask for Kelly or Dave but if Logan picks up (3 year old son?) please be sure to say hello!!!!

FYI - Please note, that as of TODAY 6/9/2005 the NAV KIT is still not shipping yet, and we're only ASSUMING that it'll work on the Lexus GX470, by all accounts it does look like it will.

So I've bit the bullet and placed my order, according to them, I still have about three (3) weeks to (5) weeks of wait time for this kit. I'm willing to "sacrifice" the $75.00 for the team here...

Will post full review when I have received and installed the kit successfully or not.
Old 06-09-05, 02:37 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it sounds like this should work for all late model lexuses, not just the GX, since toyota uses the same nav systems? and it looks like the bluetooth dialing will be enabled! can't wait to see if it works!!!!!
Old 06-11-05, 10:14 AM
MADD7244
Driver School Candidate

Default Nav Fix Kit on Order

I ordered the nav 'fix' kit from <<http://www.coastaletech.com/nav_kit.htm>> and will let the forum know if it works. Delivery in 6-8 weeks???

Quick Reply: NAV Welcome Screen