GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

NAV Welcome Screen

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-05, 11:55 PM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Override

Originally Posted by lexuslover

Because you won't be able to override once you are on the road.
Hi LexusLover.....

When on the road, you just need to stop for a few seconds. Just long enough to press on Menu, then on DVD. The rest can done while moving.....

~ Cap
Old 01-01-06, 11:47 PM
loflin
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by goforit123
Originally Posted by lexuslover
here are the OVERRIDE instructions for 04 models w/ Gen3 Nav:
What am i doing wrong?? is the above still applicable? i have a 05 gx with .42 version software (i think)
Ummm? As you quoted these instructions are for an '04 and you state you have an '05.

Re-read these posts again, looking for '05 or ...

For '05 you hit Menu, then Volume, then the top left bottom left corner, twice. Gets you to the service screen. Press Override for about 3 seconds. Then Back, and your in business.

BTW, don't know why people are saying for Gen4 NAV on '05 GX you have to be stopped to do the override. I don't have to be stopped. Do it all the time while moving.
Old 01-02-06, 02:16 PM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto what Lofilin said about this on the '05 model, although it is my wife who's doing the button pushing...

-Alex
Old 01-03-06, 09:52 AM
lawson1231
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by loflin
Ummm? As you quoted these instructions are for an '04 and you state you have an '05.

Re-read these posts again, looking for '05 or ...

For '05 you hit Menu, then Volume, then the top left bottom left corner, twice. Gets you to the service screen. Press Override for about 3 seconds. Then Back, and your in business.

BTW, don't know why people are saying for Gen4 NAV on '05 GX you have to be stopped to do the override. I don't have to be stopped. Do it all the time while moving.
Does anyone know the proceedure for a 2006 GX470? Lawson
Old 01-03-06, 10:16 AM
BobsGX
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lawson1231
Does anyone know the proceedure for a 2006 GX470? Lawson
Same procedure. Works on my 06 GX whether sitting still or moving.
Old 01-03-06, 02:39 PM
wbh3
Driver School Candidate

Default 06 GX Nav Override

Thank you very much Lexuslover and all concerned:

The enroute ability to override the navigation system with the code in my new GX works like a charm. Just got back from 4800 mile trip starting in Seattle to Missoula, MT to Scottsdale,AZ for the holidays. Came back through New Mexico, South and Notth rims of Grand Canyon to Sun Valley to Missoula. We traveled in smooth roads, sleet, rain, deep fresh unbroken snow, back roads to Indian pueblos and Hopi mesas. Making last minute changes while moving makes driving more efficeient and logical when traveling areas/routes which need to be adjusted as you move. While the nav system plots 3 good routes, we found little unforeseen jogs in the nav system route which made no sense distance or time wise. According to the nav sysem, the shortest didtance between two points in not always a straight line.

Off on a tangent:: Owned and driven other SUVs on or off road and this is by far THE BEST! The KDSS makes a huge difference. As our two big Rhodesian Ridgebacks wanted lots of room, I put a Thule Evolution 1600 (16 sq ft) on the roof with great results and minimum wind noise and no noticable change in mpg (averaged 18-19). Have protective film on front paint but put a dealer bra on as Montana and Idaho use bolders on icy roads insterad of sand or small gravel. Fit perfectly. Only complaint was from the dogs who didn't have a rear entertainment system to watch.

Thanks again.
Old 01-11-06, 11:41 AM
bill_und
Driver School Candidate

Default CoastalETech

So has anyone had any verbal or written communication with CoastalETech in the past 6 months?
Old 01-11-06, 04:56 PM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

Hi Bill,

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No emails, no phone calls, nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To all,

CoastalEtech is a mom and pop opreration, in Florida promoting and selling electronic kits to enhance Torota cars especially the Prius. They advertised in May/June 2005 for a snap fit kit which would allow the Prius and any GEN5 NAV kits (GX '05 included) the abilitily to bypass the dreaded "I agree" navigation button when the Toyota vehicle first starts up.

As an added bonus you can also drive and use the NAV while driving, AND with one additional ADD-ON kit for the NAV unit, BLUETOOTH manual dialing and FULL bluetooth funtion WHILE the vehicle is in motion.

!!!!! The most important part of this upgrade, is that this is a PLUG and PLAY kit!!!!! You disconnect the NAV computer (under the front passenger seat) from the original harness, plug the KIT into the NAV and the Console into the kit and Voilia! Full function use of NAV without having to SPLICE any OEM wiring thereby "VOIDING" the warranty!

Here is the URL in FULL COLOR glory:
http://www.coastaletech.com/nav_kit.htm

I'm one of original buyers who pre-ordered the kit in late July and was told at the time there would be a 6~8 week delay... It has now been about 6 months since I placed the order and CoastalETech has not had any updates. I've been positive these past months and I'm still hopeful this unit will still be produced and come to fruition.

*sigh* "eternally optimistic!!!

-Alex

Last edited by lonewolf69; 01-11-06 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-11-06, 08:33 PM
ELEX470
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Exclamation Let US know

When you get it let us know!
Thank You
Old 01-12-06, 11:01 AM
DavidsGX
Pole Position

Hey Guys!! I found something out here!! This is a place sells exactly the same product(video interface model) as Coastaltech.com sells!! One is in Canada, and the other is in FL
The Link One very interesting thing is that they have the same video also!!
Don't know who's copying who's!! Judge it with your own knowledge!!

Last edited by DavidsGX; 01-12-06 at 11:19 AM.
Old 01-12-06, 04:38 PM
ELEX470
Pit Crew

Default what is the second web site

Give us the link to the other one
Old 01-12-06, 06:33 PM
DavidsGX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ELEX470
Give us the link to the other one
The other link is just above your post!!
http://www.coastaletech.com/nav_kit.htm
Old 01-12-06, 09:17 PM
ELEX470
Pit Crew

Default ok

where is the duplicate where is the other site?
Old 01-13-06, 12:14 PM
DavidsGX
Pole Position

Oh, what I really meant was the video. How come they both have the same video...
Old 01-18-06, 10:06 AM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Navigation Kit

I just re-ordered from www.coastaletech.com

Perhaps they are not honoring the earlier orders for less money.

~ Cap

Quick Reply: NAV Welcome Screen