GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

NAV Welcome Screen

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-06, 10:09 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Capirato
I just re-ordered from www.coastaletech.com

Perhaps they are not honoring the earlier orders for less money.

~ Cap

Let us know if you ever get it.
Old 01-18-06, 10:30 AM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI - I posted this link in the another thread regarding the Nav mod, but I'll post it here too. Looks like CoastalETech is shipping! Here is one user who has it already...

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums...howtopic=26786
Old 01-18-06, 10:59 AM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lonewolf69
FYI - I posted this link in the another thread regarding the Nav mod, but I'll post it here too. Looks like CoastalETech is shipping! Here is one user who has it already...

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums...howtopic=26786
Maybe I am misreading it, but it doesn't look like that owner said they got the unit, but "checked it out" by calling the company. Hopefully they will elaborate.
Old 01-18-06, 01:15 PM
db6
Rookie

Default I received a CostalTech unit last night -

took 5 minutes to install and works just as described. I have a 2005 so I didn't need to add the Bluetooth option. I only orderred it off their website last week.
Old 01-18-06, 01:23 PM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by db6
took 5 minutes to install and works just as described. I have a 2005 so I didn't need to add the Bluetooth option. I only orderred it off their website last week.
Where exactly is this unit installed? Is it normally visible? Can you take some pics? Thanks.
Old 01-18-06, 02:12 PM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

SGT,

Look under the front passenger seat. There are two cable connections that connect to the DVD unit. Unplug both of these connections and plug them into ONE end of the coastaletech harness and the other remaining connections will then plug back into the DVD unit.

In other words the CoastalETech unit is a "pass through" type connection that doesn't void your OEM warranty because no wires are cut!!!

Been waiting a LONG LONG time for this puppy...

-Alex
Old 01-18-06, 02:22 PM
Tony
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Dam it!!!!

Right after I sell my GX Coastaltech finally ships their product? How many of you guys have gotten your units?

I waited forever since Lonewolf told us about this thing.
Old 01-18-06, 02:23 PM
SGT
Lexus Champion

SGT,

Look under the front passenger seat. There are two cable connections that connect to the DVD unit. Unplug both of these connections and plug them into ONE end of the coastaletech harness and the other remaining connections will then plug back into the DVD unit.

In other words the CoastalETech unit is a "pass through" type connection that doesn't void your OEM warranty because no wires are cut!!!

Been waiting a LONG LONG time for this puppy...

-Alex
Thanks, Alex. I'll take a look next time. This should work for the '06 GS300 as well, right?
Old 01-18-06, 02:33 PM
bill_und
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did they finally get it to you?

So lonewolf69,

Did it finally show up?

Thanks,

Bill
Old 01-18-06, 02:40 PM
peterh
Rookie

So what does the bluetooth kit do differently than the standard kit? Does the BT allow phone features to work while in motion.

That kit is already sold out - so I am debating just getting the standard kit now...
Old 01-18-06, 03:15 PM
25cliffy
Rookie

Default nav overide glitch

Anybody notice that in the factory setting, when you touch the screen and make the bullseye appear away from the yellow circle it shows you how far away you are from the bullseye in the lower left portion of the screen. Plus, as you drive this number continually updates how close/far you are getting to/from the bullseye...

Anyway, after doing the nav overide sequence (which is a great thing) I noticed after touching the screen and bringing up the bullseye, the distance still shows up in the lower left corner but DOESN"T update itself.

Not a big deal by any means but I like that feature. That way I can continually remind my wife how much further to the next bathroom.

Does this coastaltech gadget alleviate this problem (problem is probably not the right word)

CcS
Old 01-18-06, 03:18 PM
GoldenBlue
Driver School Candidate

Default NAV Welcome screen

I have only seen the Denso navigation systems require the Legal acceptance. Navtech (BMW) can be turned off as a dealer setting.
Old 01-18-06, 05:58 PM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Bill, Peter,

No I didn't get my kit yet, but the silver lining is this

Hmmmmmmmmmm, just checked out their website, and it says the pre-ordered NAV kits with Bluetooth is now sold out. Those with pre-orders will still get them as soon as bluetooth unit arrives... Perhaps this is the reason why my order is delayed... Coastal ETech, I'm a calling you tomorrow...!!!!

Yes, Peter, the Bluetooth unit is suppose to allow you to manually dial while GX is in motion but until I get mine I won't know for sure?

Seems like quite a few folks here got theirs already and preliminary reviews are good so far...

-Alex
Old 01-19-06, 01:55 AM
4everlexus
Rookie

Default No communication from Coastal Tech

Bill, Peter,

Hmmmmmmmmmm, just checked out their website, and it says the pre-ordered NAV kits with Bluetooth is now sold out. Those with pre-orders will still get them as soon as bluetooth unit arrives... Perhaps this is the reason why my order is delayed... Coastal ETech, I'm a calling you tomorrow...!!!!

Yes, Peter, the Bluetooth unit is suppose to allow you to manually dial while GX is in motion but until I get mine I won't know for sure?

Seems like quite a few folks here got theirs already and preliminary reviews are good so far...

-Alex

Where is the link on their website for Lexus? I never go an email and ordered one via email (at least to be on the list) last summer. They may be mom and pop but, their lack of response to a market demand is why they will stay that way. I have sent them copies of this thread before in an effort to let them know just how we could help them but, alas, no responses to that either.

I would be interested to know just how many people have rcvd a kit for their GX-470.

Thanks!
Old 01-19-06, 05:06 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Bill, Peter,

-Alex
Where's the link on their website to the NAV kit with BT? The only one I see is just the NAV kit (no mention of BT).

Quick Reply: NAV Welcome Screen