GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

pulsating brakes

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-06, 12:58 AM
sayadil
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by koolaidman
most dealerships would charge 4 hours total. and what ever ur dealership charges u need to figure that out
my shops would charge 436
states seems crazy... i got mine resurfaced recently and only paid $20/rotor plus $70 labour to take them off n put them back on... total around $150 (CANADIAN) at MIDAS.
Old 06-19-06, 06:22 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Our dealer turned the rotors on the car... Worked fine. The lug nuts are now torqued correctly, they over torqued them by 25 Ft Lbs.
Old 07-06-06, 07:21 AM
bunka
Lead Lap

Default Turning rotors under warranty?

I have 24K on my '04. Called dealer and was told there are no service recalls and that turning them would cost me $235 and a front-end brake job might be required for an estimated $281 service. I am sitting in the Toyota dealerhsip as I write this and they are looking at them to see if they need to be turned. Looks like $135 will be my cost. Normally, wear parts (like brakes and rotors) aren't covered as a warranty item. Is this something different with Lexus. Am I about to waste $135 when I could have gotten this for free?
Old 07-06-06, 08:27 AM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bunka
I have 24K on my '04. Called dealer and was told there are no service recalls and that turning them would cost me $235 and a front-end brake job might be required for an estimated $281 service. I am sitting in the Toyota dealerhsip as I write this and they are looking at them to see if they need to be turned. Looks like $135 will be my cost. Normally, wear parts (like brakes and rotors) aren't covered as a warranty item. Is this something different with Lexus. Am I about to waste $135 when I could have gotten this for free?
Well what i did was wait for the replacement of my brake pads, and they fixed my warped rotors. If you don't feel like spending money on it, wait for the replacement of ur pads. It's not dangerous to drive another 10k miles on it.
Old 07-06-06, 10:08 AM
bunka
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Rx900
Well what i did was wait for the replacement of my brake pads, and they fixed my warped rotors. If you don't feel like spending money on it, wait for the replacement of ur pads. It's not dangerous to drive another 10k miles on it.
The Toyota service guy was great! They looked at the pads and said that there was no much wear at all so the Lexus shop would probably turn them for free as a standard warranty issue. I also had a slow leak (refill air once a week) in my right rear tire that Lexus wasn't able to track down. Toyota found a small nail and patched it for me. Grand total... $10.70. I can honestly say that is the cheapest I've EVER gotten away from a service center from before.

Replacement of brake pads under warranty? Sounds like your saying that Lexus will replace the pads under warranty. If so, that's great and something I did not expect. I have had other cars in warranty and had pads replaced (45K miles) and in each prior case, there was no "warranty" issue as 40-50K miles is an acceptable expectation of durability.
Old 07-07-06, 12:56 PM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bunka
The Toyota service guy was great! They looked at the pads and said that there was no much wear at all so the Lexus shop would probably turn them for free as a standard warranty issue. I also had a slow leak (refill air once a week) in my right rear tire that Lexus wasn't able to track down. Toyota found a small nail and patched it for me. Grand total... $10.70. I can honestly say that is the cheapest I've EVER gotten away from a service center from before.

Replacement of brake pads under warranty? Sounds like your saying that Lexus will replace the pads under warranty. If so, that's great and something I did not expect. I have had other cars in warranty and had pads replaced (45K miles) and in each prior case, there was no "warranty" issue as 40-50K miles is an acceptable expectation of durability.
I didn't mean replacement of brake pads under warranty. What I meant was to wait until you replace them (which you pay for) and then get the rotors checked out and fixed. I know, the brake pads are one of those things that ANY car company will NEVER cover under warranty.

Glad you got your problem somewhat solved. Update us on what your Lexus dealer will say and do.