GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Lorenzo Tint on GX470

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-07, 02:51 PM
TSHAYANKS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ExclusivIS
Lorenzo is da Man!!! He tinted my IS250 flawless! Best tint job i have gotten. Even came with a hand wash, b4 and after!
Yepp thats Lorenzo. His hand wash guy Greg is the man too. If you dont live to far from Lorenzos you should get your car washed there as well. I have a black bimmer and He takes care of it so I dont get any swirl marks.
Old 07-19-07, 01:52 PM
GatorGX
Rookie

Originally Posted by TSHAYANKS
Well, Lorenzo actually measured the rear factory windows with his electronic reader and it came out to about 25 %. The front windows untinted actually are at 70% from the factory. Soo, we went with a 35% 3M colorstable film and that actually brought the front windows to a 28% reading. The 3% difference isn't noticeable at all. Just make sure you use the right type of film because other brands don't have the same characterisitcs as the 3M.
TSHAYANKS, are you satisfied with the color match as well as the darkness match that you all ready mentioned? Are you still happy with the darkness level (match with rears) in a variety of conditions and times of day? How about the heat blocking in the summer?

I went to a tint place that only had Johnson Window Films and I am considering one of them (http://www.johnsonwindowfilms.com/AUTO.php).

I found another that has the 3M color-stable film in 35% and I may go with it. For those wanting more info on the 3M films (including the color-stable), see http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...beT4DCJBL6BVgl.

Also, did Lorenzo recommend any of the other 3M films in addition to the Color-Stable if I wanted to go with a metalic film for greater heat blocking (either the BC or the FX-HP)?
Old 09-17-07, 11:37 AM
GatorGX
Rookie

Default green hue?

Have any GX owners taken this advice and gotten 3M Color Stable (CS) 35% film on the front two windows?

If so, do the windows have a green hue after doing it?

I recently tinted the fronts with Suntek Carbon 35% and there is a green hue now. I may look to change to 3M CS 35% if it won't have the green hue. I have since read elsewhere that the GX's green tinted glass is the culprit but some films do a better job it seems of hiding the green hue of the factory glass.

TSHAYANKS, you still out there?

Here is a link to my tint thread in case it is helpful in the future (the lexus document I attached on page 3 might be helpful, shows the VLT and UV protection of the factory glass):
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=293465

Last edited by GatorGX; 10-11-07 at 07:27 PM. Reason: put in link to my tint thread
Old 09-17-07, 12:10 PM
gsCrazy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TSHAYANKS
I just got my 05 GX tinted at Lorenzo Tint in the Bronx, NY. For those in the tri-state area lookig to tint there truck this is the place to be. I've had other cars done there and a tinted GX has a real good look to it. Lorenzo is known for his quality therefore the price will reflect this. However, the experience of dealing with him is great and it is an easy way to enhance the look of your GX without going over the top. If you guys would like I can post up some pics of my GX so you can see!

how much did it cost you?
Old 10-18-07, 03:52 PM
TSHAYANKS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GatorGX
Have any GX owners taken this advice and gotten 3M Color Stable (CS) 35% film on the front two windows?

If so, do the windows have a green hue after doing it?

I recently tinted the fronts with Suntek Carbon 35% and there is a green hue now. I may look to change to 3M CS 35% if it won't have the green hue. I have since read elsewhere that the GX's green tinted glass is the culprit but some films do a better job it seems of hiding the green hue of the factory glass.

TSHAYANKS, you still out there?

Here is a link to my tint thread in case it is helpful in the future (the lexus document I attached on page 3 might be helpful, shows the VLT and UV protection of the factory glass):
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=293465
Sorry guys, the tint isn't green at all. It matches the factory tints perfectly with the blackness in hue. There is no green what so ever.
Old 10-18-07, 03:54 PM
TSHAYANKS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gsCrazy
how much did it cost you?
It was about $125. It's worth the perfection of the tint quality.