GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Lorenzo Tint on GX470

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-07, 07:03 PM
TSHAYANKS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lorenzo Tint on GX470

I just got my 05 GX tinted at Lorenzo Tint in the Bronx, NY. For those in the tri-state area lookig to tint there truck this is the place to be. I've had other cars done there and a tinted GX has a real good look to it. Lorenzo is known for his quality therefore the price will reflect this. However, the experience of dealing with him is great and it is an easy way to enhance the look of your GX without going over the top. If you guys would like I can post up some pics of my GX so you can see!
Old 03-29-07, 07:27 AM
cmarshack
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TSHAYANKS
I just got my 05 GX tinted at Lorenzo Tint in the Bronx, NY. For those in the tri-state area lookig to tint there truck this is the place to be. I've had other cars done there and a tinted GX has a real good look to it. Lorenzo is known for his quality therefore the price will reflect this. However, the experience of dealing with him is great and it is an easy way to enhance the look of your GX without going over the top. If you guys would like I can post up some pics of my GX so you can see!

Sounds great, but...
Attached Thumbnails Lorenzo Tint on GX470-xscuseless.gif  
Old 03-29-07, 03:05 PM
TSHAYANKS
Driver School Candidate

Default Some Pics...

Here is a shot of the driver side window. I am not sure how to get the pictures I took all on one post??
Attached Thumbnails Lorenzo Tint on GX470-dscn1367.jpg  
Old 03-29-07, 03:07 PM
TSHAYANKS
Driver School Candidate

Default Some Pics...

Here is another shot.....
Attached Thumbnails Lorenzo Tint on GX470-dscn1359.jpg  
Old 03-29-07, 03:08 PM
TSHAYANKS
Driver School Candidate

Default Some Pics...

Sorry I don't know why this forum only allows one attachment at a time???
Attached Thumbnails Lorenzo Tint on GX470-dscn1366.jpg  
Old 03-29-07, 03:09 PM
TSHAYANKS
Driver School Candidate

Default Some Pics...

A nice shot of old and new...
Attached Thumbnails Lorenzo Tint on GX470-attachment-.jpg  

Last edited by TSHAYANKS; 03-29-07 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-29-07, 03:12 PM
TSHAYANKS
Driver School Candidate

Default Some Pics...

Last shot....
Attached Thumbnails Lorenzo Tint on GX470-attachment.jpg  

Last edited by TSHAYANKS; 03-29-07 at 08:11 PM.
Old 03-29-07, 06:39 PM
GatorGX
Rookie

Thanks, I am not in NY but curious.... you only tinted the front two windows right (as the rears look standard factory tint)? If so, what percentage tint did you go with because it looks like it matched the rears pretty well. thanks.
Old 03-29-07, 07:16 PM
TSHAYANKS
Driver School Candidate

Well, Lorenzo actually measured the rear factory windows with his electronic reader and it came out to about 25 %. The front windows untinted actually are at 70% from the factory. Soo, we went with a 35% 3M colorstable film and that actually brought the front windows to a 28% reading. The 3% difference isn't noticeable at all. Just make sure you use the right type of film because other brands don't have the same characterisitcs as the 3M.
Old 03-29-07, 08:44 PM
GatorGX
Rookie

Thanks a lot for the details TSHAYANKS and welcome to CL. That was quite helpful.
Old 03-31-07, 07:18 AM
TSHAYANKS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GatorGX
Thanks a lot for the details TSHAYANKS and welcome to CL. That was quite helpful.
No problem GatorGX. Thanks!
Old 04-01-07, 10:09 AM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to CL and the Lexus forum!

You can only attach one photo using the reply function. However, you can upload photos to your CL gallery and then link to them to get more photos in a post. Personally I just do one photo at a time, as the comments are easier to post and follow.

Are the new tints legal in New York State? What happens if you go to another state? I had an older vehicle, and when I first got the GX I was shocked at how much the sun burned my arm and face with the new tint limits. It seems we put up with all kinds of regulations and nobody complains.
Old 04-01-07, 07:40 PM
TSHAYANKS
Driver School Candidate

In New York the actual tint law is at 70%. So technically my tints are not legal but up by where I live there isnt a real problem with tinting as long as you dont touch the windshield. I put a 50% tint on my windshield on my other car and still havent had problems. Its just a matter of how you drive and being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Ive already gone through police checkpoints being that it is the end of the month and had no problems whatsoever. I was even on my cellphone at one of the checkpoints and I had no problems, lol. In New Jersey the laws are different from NY. The tint law actually says that the two front side windows arent even allowed to be tinted while the rear windows can be tinted with any darkness prefered. I was in NJ recently with my other car which has tint on the windshield let alone the side windows and had absolutely no problems. It seems to be more of a risk these days but it's just up to you whether you want to tint or not. If you stop by Lorenzo or even give him a call he can give you a more knowledgable answer than mine. 718-994-9100.
Old 04-03-07, 02:35 PM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the info and the pics. Very nice!!
Old 04-03-07, 04:30 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lorenzo is da Man!!! He tinted my IS250 flawless! Best tint job i have gotten. Even came with a hand wash, b4 and after!

Quick Reply: Lorenzo Tint on GX470