GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Dual Exhaust Installed w/Magnaflow

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-07, 08:36 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
I have a before and after sound clips in HD but as most do not have Blue-Ray/PS3 yet I will have to convert them to low res files.
Er... what kind of 'high definition sound clip' would require the members of club lexus to have a blu-ray player?

There's no such thing - especially not that you would be recording to in your own garage. Unless you have the first blu-ray-R camcorder on the planet or something?

BTW our garage floor coatings appear to be extremely similar.

Old 04-23-07, 08:43 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Threxx
Er... what kind of 'high definition sound clip' would require the members of club lexus to have a blu-ray player?

There's no such thing - especially not that you would be recording to in your own garage. Unless you have the first blu-ray-R camcorder on the planet or something?

BTW our garage floor coatings appear to be extremely similar.

Simple, because it is VIDEO. I did edit the original post to avoid the confusion. The epoxy flooring is going away. Just to fragile. Will be 100% RaceDeck. Now BACK to the topic please.

Last edited by Pearlpower; 04-23-07 at 08:50 PM.
Old 04-23-07, 09:22 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
Simple, because it is VIDEO. I did edit the original post to avoid the confusion. The epoxy flooring is going away. Just to fragile. Will be 100% RaceDeck. Now BACK to the topic please.
Computers will display HD video in countless formats, for what it's worth - you don't need a blu-ray player unless you're going to watch a blu-ray movie.

For example, got quicktime? Here's a whole gallery for ya!
http://www.apple.com/trailers/

Sorry to get off topic. Just sounded like you were a little confused on the issue. I was trying to help.

PS - if your flooring is chipping off or something you must be super hard on it, or else it wasn't installed well - I have barely managed to scratch mine digging into it with metal floor jack wheels with 4000 pounds on top of em.
Old 04-23-07, 09:46 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

You are very incorrect on the format but that is for another thread ,NOT this one. Stay on topic please or PM me as these post contribute nothing to the thread. I am sure you would not appreciate someone trolling on your thread.
Old 04-23-07, 09:51 PM
cmarshack
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Threxx
Computers will display HD video in countless formats, for what it's worth - you don't need a blu-ray player unless you're going to watch a blu-ray movie.

For example, got quicktime? Here's a whole gallery for ya!
http://www.apple.com/trailers/

Sorry to get off topic. Just sounded like you were a little confused on the issue. I was trying to help.

PS - if your flooring is chipping off or something you must be super hard on it, or else it wasn't installed well - I have barely managed to scratch mine digging into it with metal floor jack wheels with 4000 pounds on top of em.

Lee-Thanks for the quick answer about the tow hook...that's what I thought.

Threxx-It's nice to see that even though you sold your Lexus you are still lurking here on the board. Nothing wrong with that...I still check back into e46 fanatics, Audiworld, Roadfly and Rennlist from time to time. But I am not there to be a critic. Clearly based on the descriptions of your cars you are not into modding, some of us are and would like the input of others who have already done something that we are thinking of doing. That is why WE are here.

So, as the saying goes, if you don't have something nice to say, don't log in. That is not what I really wanted to say there but I am sure that if I said what I relly wanted I would get banned from the site. Just be constructive or don't say anything at all!

PS...what kind of fool orders V-8 4-Runner and actually takes delivery when when a V-6 shows up???

Last edited by cmarshack; 04-23-07 at 09:59 PM.
Old 04-23-07, 10:09 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cmarshack
PS...what kind of fool orders V-8 4-Runner and actually takes delivery when when a V-6 shows up???
Wait... and you're flaming me for going off topic?

PM me if you really want to know - there's a perfectly fine explanation for it.

I PM'd Pearlpower - I really want to know what format his camcorder records in that requires a blu-ray player (there is none).
Old 04-23-07, 10:20 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

it is called AVCHD which 99.9% of the computers owners out there do not have a player for. PM answered, now go away.

Last edited by Pearlpower; 04-29-07 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-29-07, 07:27 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Please delete.
Adjusting pics to a smaller size. Will post again in a few weeks.

Last edited by Pearlpower; 05-01-07 at 12:37 AM.