GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

TIRES: Smoothest Ride?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-07, 10:14 PM
yaro1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am REALLY liking my Goodyear Fortera TripleTreds. After having the Bridgestones, these new tires make the car feel like it is on rails! The Handling is so great for such a massive vehicle with these. As a result, the ride is smoother and more stable. I can't compare to the Michelins, but I highly recommend the GYs. They are the top-ranked tires on Tire Rack too. Perhaps a little pricey, but worth it IMO.

Originally Posted by Somebody on Tire Rack
I had Michellin Cross Terrains on before these (which were great tires!) Goodyear Fortera Triple Treads... these are better! My findings are not far off (if not EXACTLY) what the other reviews on here say.. AWESOME TIRE! The first thing I noticed (after the obvious tread pattern - which I think looks very nice and aggressive) was handling, steering, and cornering. These tires grip and sticks to the road like no other truck tire ive experienced in all conditions! Dry traction is superb. Rain/Wet traction is superb. Snow traction is amazing. I guess there is a reason they have that snowflake winter/rating, yet they are still an ALL season tire! UNBELIEVABLE! These ride smooth and comfortable, no noticable difference in noise compared to my old X-terrains.. The other Fortera is Silent Armour (which they say are even quieter, but not as responsive) I drive city and highway.. Mainley highway, so I am curious how much difference vs the SAs.. So only on that consideration (lots of highway driving) maybe next time I try the Silent Armour. I do believe there is slight drop in gas mileage.. but I suppose that is the tradeoff for such handling, cornering and overall performance. These Fortera Triple Tread are the HIGHEST PRICED original size tire for my vehicle on TireRack.. I believe if youre buying these HIGH END tires youre not overly concerned with gas mileage. I also believe you get what you pay for, and with GoodYear Fortera Triple Tread, youre getting great performance, and stability - which I wouldnt trade my safety for ANYTHING!
Old 07-08-07, 10:27 PM
Skip
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Michelin Cross Terrain!!!!!!