GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

My Dashboard is Cracking

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-15, 11:31 AM
chiph9
Pole Position

Received 741 Likes on 606 Posts

This is a warranty extension, not a recall or service advisory. So it wouldn't show up there. Contact your dealer.

Chip H.
Old 08-21-15, 08:11 PM
SC3coupe
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

went to the dealer for some other stuff and asked them about it, the service guy took a pic and put me on the list.. and said once the part comes in I will be notified.
Old 08-26-15, 02:35 PM
Brklynkid
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm on the list! Dealer didn't even have to get in GX. He said he could see cracks from outside. This thing got more crack than new jack city !
Old 11-14-15, 10:28 AM
ShakMan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Gx470 dashboard got replaced this weekend under this warranty. And yes you have to be on a list. My service advisor called me last week that there were finally in. Dashboard is brand spanking new and they did an excellent job in getting the old one out and the new one in. Color matching was perfect. You cant tell anymore that my Gx has a replacement. Happy camper.
Old 11-19-15, 10:42 AM
Brklynkid
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ShakMan
My Gx470 dashboard got replaced this weekend under this warranty. And yes you have to be on a list. My service advisor called me last week that there were finally in. Dashboard is brand spanking new and they did an excellent job in getting the old one out and the new one in. Color matching was perfect. You cant tell anymore that my Gx has a replacement. Happy camper.
Does anyone know how long it takes between getting it approved and installed by lexus?
I've been waiting a couple of months and the dealer says they still haven't gotten it in
Old 11-19-15, 12:46 PM
chiph9
Pole Position

It likely depends on how many people are ahead of you on the dealer's list, and how many they get delivered to them each month.

I would just call and ask how far away from the top of the list you are.

Chip H.
Old 11-23-15, 08:32 PM
Rockbus
Driver School Candidate

Went to Lexus 11/21/15, showed them the dash on the 04 GX, and was informed that a new replacement dash is on order. Don't know when it will arrive but I'm on the list. Kudos to Toyota for doing this.

Foot long crack above the glove box and a foot long crack along the "brow" over the instrument panel.
Old 11-24-15, 06:14 AM
chiph9
Pole Position

Just checked with my dealer - the dark gray (black) is on backorder so I don't know when I'll get mine.

Chip H.
Old 11-24-15, 10:06 PM
ShakMan
Rookie

Originally Posted by Brklynkid
Does anyone know how long it takes between getting it approved and installed by lexus?
I've been waiting a couple of months and the dealer says they still haven't gotten it in
Mine was on order for about 2.5 months. I kept emailing my service advisor to remind them. They told me they dont get a lot (meaning replacements) but they do arrive
Old 11-27-15, 05:13 AM
GadgetRick
Driver

I received the letter in the mail about 2 weeks ago saying everything is a go for extended warranty replacement. I finally had a chance to call the dealer the other day and he put me on the list and told me 2-6 months wait.
Old 01-28-16, 10:33 PM
vickisj
Driver School Candidate

I bought a used 2004 gx470 seven years ago. Lexus sent me the extended warranty a year ago. I went into my dealer, Bellevue Lexus with the warranty. I went in immediately and was told there were no dashes to be had. I went back 7 months later. they took photos and my Vin number and ordered the new dash. It took 6 weeks to get the dash and a day to install. Looks beautiful. Wish they would do an extended warranty on the clunk/lurch drive train issue. Paying for that fix tomorrow.
Old 02-01-16, 06:32 PM
KnooBee64
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by vickisj
I bought a used 2004 gx470 seven years ago. Lexus sent me the extended warranty a year ago. I went into my dealer, Bellevue Lexus with the warranty. I went in immediately and was told there were no dashes to be had. I went back 7 months later. they took photos and my Vin number and ordered the new dash. It took 6 weeks to get the dash and a day to install. Looks beautiful. Wish they would do an extended warranty on the clunk/lurch drive train issue. Paying for that fix tomorrow.
Hello- first post here... I purchased a 2005 GX 470 about a month ago and it has a crack above the dash (approx 10"-12") and on the crown to the left of the steering wheel. If I took this to my local Lexus dealer, do you think I have a shot at a replacement dash? Thanks!
Old 02-01-16, 06:40 PM
rj4510
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by KnooBee64
Hello- first post here... I purchased a 2005 GX 470 about a month ago and it has a crack above the dash (approx 10"-12") and on the crown to the left of the steering wheel. If I took this to my local Lexus dealer, do you think I have a shot at a replacement dash? Thanks!
The best way to find out is to call the dealer. They will run the vin and tell you if you qualify.
Old 02-02-16, 05:19 PM
KnooBee64
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rj4510
The best way to find out is to call the dealer. They will run the vin and tell you if you qualify.
I will do so and advise. Thanks for the response.
Old 02-22-16, 06:49 PM
KnooBee64
Driver School Candidate

Just wanted to report that I contacted Lexus....they took my VIN and advised me that my 2005 GX470 qualified for a new dash. I was also advised that there was an outstanding recall for side curtain airbags that will be replaced.

I took the vehicle to Akron-Canton Lexus the next day and they did the required inspection and put me on 'the list'. Hopefully, the dash and airbags will get taken care of shortly. First class people at A-C Lexus btw.

It's the power of the blog that got me this critical information so soon after joining. Thank you all for the information on this thread!! Now I just need to track down a thread for my 'clunking' rear brakes!!

Quick Reply: My Dashboard is Cracking