GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

My Dashboard is Cracking

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-16, 05:48 AM
co4wheel
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Also, until they have taken pictures you got nothing. Unless the dealer is cheating. Some of you got "on the list" before the process was announced it sounds like. Go back, get the pictures done so your actually got your vin and pictures entered in together.
Old 04-03-16, 06:02 PM
charleston
Rookie

I am on the list....#91. Dealer told me they were only on #8. Said it would be another 6 months, is this unreasonable?
Old 04-03-16, 06:42 PM
co4wheel
Pole Position

Mine was ordered on the 7th of last month and was in the dealer by the 30th. In my truck on the 1st.

Last edited by co4wheel; 04-03-16 at 06:53 PM.
Old 04-04-16, 04:16 AM
lexus4x
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I paid to have mine fixed before the letters went out. When I received the letter there were instructions on how to get reimbursed. I made copies of everything and received a check within 2 months. Horrendous looking dash gone.
Justin727 find another Dealer. Also I would call Corporate. After I paid for mine I put in a complaint. Calls get put under your vin #. So every call to Corp. After a call to the Dealer will be logged.
You would think that hearing you are being deployed they would be respectful to our service men. That alone is despicable, Sorry they don't get it, and I thank you.
Old 04-04-16, 05:52 AM
chiph9
Pole Position

Received 744 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by charleston
I am on the list....#91. Dealer told me they were only on #8. Said it would be another 6 months, is this unreasonable?
I don't think so. I got on my dealer's list back in August and just now got called. So that's about 6 months.

Chip H.
Old 04-04-16, 06:50 AM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have called another dealer.

The problem is 1 dealer is an hour from me the other is nearly 2. I've been to the dealer that's about 2 hours and have to travel back tomorrow because they broke a part on my ISF during warranty work and hoped I wouldn't notice the part broken. So now I've got to drive all the way back almost a full tank just to have this part replaced.

I have been on the phone with corporate several times over the dash issue.
Old 04-04-16, 12:40 PM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Just got off the phone with Lexus Corporate again and got nothing but apologies...

They did say that they're slowly getting to the point with the manufacture that they can get more out faster now so that's good news.
Old 04-07-16, 05:52 AM
chiph9
Pole Position

Got my GX back yesterday, and it looks awesome. Lexus of Austin did a terrific job.

They even fixed a problem with the aftermarket headrest monitors (the PO strikes again!) where there was a wiring short because the original installer had run the wire against a sharp metal edge without any protection.

Chip H.
Old 04-07-16, 06:27 AM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by chiph9
Got my GX back yesterday, and it looks awesome. Lexus of Austin did a terrific job.

They even fixed a problem with the aftermarket headrest monitors (the PO strikes again!) where there was a wiring short because the original installer had run the wire against a sharp metal edge without any protection.

Chip H.
That's awesome Chip! Glad to hear you finally got taken care of and an issue fixed
Old 04-07-16, 07:54 AM
chiph9
Pole Position

Yes, I'm very happy.

I've haven't been a fan of Armor-All (or any other "wipe & shine" product) after it destroyed the dash & steering wheel of a car I had in the 80's. I'm only going to be using a damp microfiber cloth to keep it clean going forward.

Chip H.
Old 04-07-16, 10:33 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

I find using a sunshade in these cars can help alot.
Old 04-07-16, 10:40 AM
Rockbus
Driver School Candidate

I had my GX inspected for the recall at Carlsbad Lexus, end of Nov 2015 and called today for status. 3-4 month to go 20 cars ahead of me. I have no problems of the shop accepting the damage and ordering the parts for the recall.

Not too happy about this wait tho. I'll be writing Corporate. I have a feeling they are stalling so people end up selling their cars before the parts come in for repair to save money.

Last week I received an interim recall on the side curtain airbags. No date on a fix yet so its no use scheduling a service.
Old 04-07-16, 11:56 AM
Rockbus
Driver School Candidate

Contacted Lexus and was told I could call in or email my concerns. So I sent an email to the contact info on http://www.lexus.com/contact

I chatted with Lexus asking how to contact the Manager/Head Cheese/Big Wig of the dashboard replacement program. Ended up with the contact link. Asked how will I know the Head Cheese in charge will read my comment. Was told a manager will read my comment. Asked how many levels of management will by comment take to get to the Big Wig in charge. Was told 1. I seriously doubt that, but I sent in my comments with questions concerning how many dashboard are in the wait list, how many are being built by color, how many dashboards are sent to each dealer (and how do they decide the number). I also doubt they will provide answers.

My email expressed concerned about the long wait times as a tactic by the company to wait out the consumers. First the long battle to get a recall, next the long wait times for replacement. Lucky for me where I live cars last a long time, no rust. But for others they can not wait too long before the car is rusting out and no longer worth holding on to.

Enough negativity, I'm sure I'll be very happy once the repairs are done esp at no cost to me.
Old 04-07-16, 12:40 PM
chiph9
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
I find using a sunshade in these cars can help alot.
I thought about getting the new clear UV tint for the windshield, but mine has some stone hits on it already (thanks, PO!) and I don't want to invest ~$250 in something that could spider any day now.

http://www.formulaone.com/en/UVShield.aspx

Chip H.
Old 04-11-16, 05:44 AM
lexus4x
Driver School Candidate

Default Another method

Originally Posted by Justin727
I have called another dealer.

The problem is 1 dealer is an hour from me the other is nearly 2. I've been to the dealer that's about 2 hours and have to travel back tomorrow because they broke a part on my ISF during warranty work and hoped I wouldn't notice the part broken. So now I've got to drive all the way back almost a full tank just to have this part replaced.

I have been on the phone with corporate several times over the dash issue.
There is also a class action lawsuit underway. So I would google and get in touch with one of the firms. I did but literally received payment day after lawsuit papers arrived for me to sign.
I also put a complaint in with consumers affairs as well as NHTSA.gov. I felt the airbag system is compromised and a safety issues.

Quick Reply: My Dashboard is Cracking