GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Difficulty replacing windshield washer hose

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-12, 07:49 PM
sunflower
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difficulty replacing windshield washer hose

Does anyone know how difficult it is to replace windshield washer hose? I need to replace the entire hose system starting at the washer reservoir to both front and rear windshield wipers.

A MOUSE ate my washer hose! GX washer hose is soy based which apparently appeals to rodents. Evidently this is not terribly uncommon, soy based hose/rodent delicacy plaques a few Volvos and Honda models as well.

I’m trying to determine if I need to take it to the dealer or have an independent mechanic replace the hosing. Since I’m not replacing with Lexus OEM parts, (duhh) if it must go to the dealer I’ll end up take it to the Toyota dealership that services my Land Cruiser.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-01-12, 04:37 AM
Ancient
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess no one wants to remove there engine covers to see how they are routed and answer that question. I am assuming that the hoses were eaten in the engine compartment, since that is the most accessible. Vacuum or washer fluid hoses are probably the easiest to fix. However, front to back line is not going to be cheap. Since this runs inside the car, you may not have to replace this line.

Ford had a commercial about using soy based foam in their car seats. Won't be long before we see mice getting inside cars, when the window is left down a 1/2 inch. Not everything that is green for the environment is good. Good luck.
Old 05-01-12, 09:22 AM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Removing the engine covers wont show you anything. Mine are removed and you cant see how the hose comes off of the windshield fluid reservoir. If you open the hood you can obviously see the hose that leads up to the nozzles on the hood but its routed though the fender so you cant even see how thats routed.